THE BROWNS BOARD

The Nfl Monday Night

miktoxic

man, just watching some of these other nfl games make me realize how much that there is that i don't know about the game.

philly signs every top-notch defensive free agent and can look worse than us at times. the bears are getting bum rushed, cutler is running for his life and he completes a lob pass to a wide open receiver.

philly runs reid's WCO with vick and it falls to shit but they're only down by 3 points. WTF??

these two cities have pretty much been 'in it' for years. and neither have such a storied franchise than the browns. fxxking disturbing.

Reid's WCO is different than Shurmur's because Reid has the sense to at least adapt to his players skull sets somewhat whereas Shurmur's is a cut and dry "slants n iso's".

The talent level, experience and comfort levels also come into play. Hence the reason they turn broken plays into first downs and we turn scripted plays into negative yardage.

They are leaps and bounds ahead of this Browns team.

man, just watching some of these other nfl games make me realize how much that there is that i don't know about the game.

philly signs every top-notch defensive free agent and can look worse than us at times. the bears are getting bum rushed, cutler is running for his life and he completes a lob pass to a wide open receiver.

philly runs reid's WCO with vick and it falls to shit but they're only down by 3 points. WTF??

these two cities have pretty much been 'in it' for years. and neither have such a storied franchise than the browns. fxxking disturbing.

Neither have such a storied franchise than the Browns? Are you aware of the history of the Chicago Bears?

The west coast offense does not guarantee a explosive offense. It is not suited for every team and should not be used as a cookie cutter pattern for a fix all. The west coast offense works well on the west coast but I'm not to sure about Mid-Western or teams in the North where you never know how the weather is going to react every 15 minutes.

Get back to the basics of running the damn ball and you will have a shot at winning and your defense wont be on the frickin field for 50 minutes of the game.

Neither have such a storied franchise than the Browns? Are you aware of the history of the Chicago Bears?

Yes, the Bears are one of the most storied franchises in the NFL. Only the Packers and the Bears have won more pro football titles than the Browns. They and the Cardinals are the only 2 franchises still in existance that began with the NFL in 1920 (the Packers came in the following year). They have had dynasties, great teams (see 1985) and many HOF players.

The Eagles, not so much.

^ You do realize the "west coast" offense originated in the midwest under Bill Walsh. He learned many things from Paul brown when he was with the Cincinatti Bengals and also implemented his own system when he was OC with the bengals.

And also, Green Bay with Brett Favre ran the WCO, and did OK with it.

The WCO is merely a modification of the the Browns ran with PB and Otto Graham.

So, it can work here, with the right combinations of coaching and talent.

Archived