THE BROWNS BOARD

Getting Back To Our Roots

rich4eagle

It was in the sixties and fifties that all the world was "Brownstown"

It was because they were the "greatest show in football"

and nobody challenged

They had a supreme winner in Otto Graham and the greatest coach ever in Paul Brown and then his student Blanton Collier and the greatest runner ever in Jim Brown and the great ones Mac Speedie and Dante Lavelli, Paul Warfield, Gary Collins, Leroy Kelly,

all they ever did was win for 25 consecutive years minus one including 8Championship Pro Football seasons

Then things went dim in the seventies and then we had the Kardiac Kids for few years and that was awesome

Then we had the Kosar and Marty years, and somehow we lost our identity except it never changed, the Browns in the Marty Years were a great offensive team with great back Mack and Byner and great wide receivers Slaughter and Langhorne and a premier TE in Ozzie Newsome

Unfortunately, during the Marty years we had two great dbs in Frank Miinnified and Hanford Dixon and Dixon came up with the DAWG POUND thingy and Cleveland has remained brain dead ever since

The bad DAWG POUND idea has been complemented with and even worse thought espoused in toto in "Brownstown" it starts in the trenches especially the OL

Too big time bad concepts embraced in toto and they have led us to losing for almost every year since 1991, as sad as that is

Please fans lets return to our roots where Offense wins Championships and you get the greatest players to touch the ball on your team

Randy Lerner, I hope you get this message and get people who understand to start unraveling the lunacy we been doing now going on 20 some years

Stupid pointless post. And thats exactly why we suck, we don't need to go back to those days, its a new league now then in the sixtys. Athletes are bigger, faster and stronger. We need to let go of the "glory days" back when my dad was born and stop drafting fat ass OL and DL slow WR's slow RB's. We need to start drafting playmakers and gamechangers on offense and defense. Let's get some diva's in here and change the culture of the Cleveland Browns. This old school method needs to stop by all you "fans." It's time for a change in philosophy to keep up with all the other teams. Look at Green Bay, they are PACKED with highly talented playmakers on both sides of the ball. They get it.

second dumbest post I have read over the last week. The first one was something like " its our defense fault that our offense cant get in a groove" This is the second, at least the second part of the post. Yes the reason we suck is because we have a "dogpound" theme....Really

Just thinking Holgrem in is office saying to himself " Our Offense line would block better if we never had a dogpound, our QB would be able to read a defense if there was not so many dog mask in the crowd, our defense would tackle better if they would just stop barking"

Check that great post ever

Its the Dawg Pounds FAULT!!!!!!

DAM YOU DAWG POUND!!! DAM YOU!!!!!

Stupid pointless post. And thats exactly why we suck, we don't need to go back to those days, its a new league now then in the sixtys. Athletes are bigger, faster and stronger. We need to let go of the "glory days" back when my dad was born and stop drafting fat ass OL and DL slow WR's slow RB's. We need to start drafting playmakers and gamechangers on offense and defense. Let's get some diva's in here and change the culture of the Cleveland Browns. This old school method needs to stop by all you "fans." It's time for a change in philosophy to keep up with all the other teams. Look at Green Bay, they are PACKED with highly talented playmakers on both sides of the ball. They get it.

Yeah and the new league is based on playmakers and offense and scoring....................glad you want the old thinking back with the old rules and the old loser philosophy

second dumbest post I have read over the last week. The first one was something like " its our defense fault that our offense cant get in a groove" This is the second, at least the second part of the post. Yes the reason we suck is because we have a "dogpound" theme....Really

Just thinking Holgrem in is office saying to himself " Our Offense line would block better if we never had a dogpound, our QB would be able to read a defense if there was not so many dog mask in the crowd, our defense would tackle better if they would just stop barking"

Check that great post ever

Its the Dawg Pounds FAULT!!!!!!

DAM YOU DAWG POUND!!! DAM YOU!!!!!

you missed the whole concept, now lick yur dawgs bawls, and be happy

Yeah and the new league is based on playmakers and offense and scoring....................glad you want the old thinking back with the old rules and the old loser philosophy

what does this mean??? Did you even read what i said?? You made my point. This day in the NFL is playmakers atheletes who make plays on Defense and Offense. "glad you want the old thinking back withe the old rules and the old loser philosophy" Thats opposite of what i said. We don't need the old mentality and thinking/philosophy. We need to start drafting guys who can make plays out there guys who can make plays out there on any given snap. Lets draft playmakers and add a few FA's into the mix and catch up with all the other teams in the league. Because the drafting fat ass lineman and slow possession WR's needs to go, its so annoying. Let's get a fun team with athelets that we can talk about and bring buzz to the whole NFL community that the browns are foreal, not just abunch of nobodys.

what does this mean??? Did you even read what i said?? You made my point. This day in the NFL is playmakers atheletes who make plays on Defense and Offense. "glad you want the old thinking back withe the old rules and the old loser philosophy" Thats opposite of what i said. We don't need the old mentality and thinking/philosophy. We need to start drafting guys who can make plays out there guys who can make plays out there on any given snap. Lets draft playmakers and add a few FA's into the mix and catch up with all the other teams in the league. Because the drafting fat ass lineman and slow possession WR's needs to go, its so annoying. Let's get a fun team with athelets that we can talk about and bring buzz to the whole NFL community that the browns are foreal, not just abunch of nobodys.

You as a bufffoon said I made a stupid pointiless post! when in fact it waas point filled and fact filled and POIINT ON TARGET TO WIINNING! Sorry pal besides your inabliity to spell, maybe my point indeed zoomed stratospherically way over your limited thinking abili ty.....................keep rooting for eating dawg shit in the dawg pound and not understanding what wins football games................if not what indeed is your message other than pissing on sage accurate winning wisdom...............bring it detail or sign on

BottomLine : DRAFT PLAYMAKERS

DUH YOU GOT THE Revelation...............OR LETS KEEP DRAFTING ol GUYS AND ROTATING THEM EVERY THREE YEARS AND KEEP LOSING

The bad DAWG POUND idea has been complemented with and even worse thought espoused in toto in "Brownstown" it starts in the trenches especially the OL

Too big time bad concepts embraced in toto and they have led us to losing for almost every year since 1991,

Its the dogpounds fault for losing almost every year since 1991, its right there......

:lol:

Too big time bad concepts embraced in toto and they have led us to losing for almost every year since 1991,

Its the dogpounds fault for losing almost every year since 1991, its right there......

:lol:

somehow you missed all I said based on fact and winning ...............keep doing what you do, my view OL is a dime a dozen, Dawg Pound is a loser, and OFFENSIVE TOUCH THE BALL PLAYERS MAKE A WIINNING TEAM................I hope that clarifies your absolute confusion on what I said about what wins, otherwise just sent more wind of nothingness

You as a bufffoon said I made a stupid pointiless post! when in fact it waas point filled and fact filled and POIINT ON TARGET TO WIINNING! Sorry pal besides your inabliity to spell, maybe my point indeed zoomed stratospherically way over your limited thinking abili ty.....................keep rooting for eating dawg shit in the dawg pound and not understanding what wins football games................if not what indeed is your message other than pissing on sage accurate winning wisdom...............bring it detail or sign on

Talking about can't spell?? Really guy who fricking cares if we misspell a few words, this isnt an english paper and nobody proof reads. And especially don't make fun of someone miss spelling when its obvious your leading the way in miss spelled words. You have the worst posts of this site..please refrain from posting anymore. THE DAWGPOUND IS THE REASON WHY WERE LOSING come on man.....get ahold of yourself.

Talking about can't spell?? Really guy who fricking cares if we misspell a few words, this isnt an english paper and nobody proof reads. And especially don't make fun of someone miss spelling when its obvious your leading the way in miss spelled words. You have the worst posts of this site..please refrain from posting anymore. THE DAWGPOUND IS THE REASON WHY WERE LOSING come on man.....get ahold of yourself.

OK YOU WIN NOW CRITIQUE MY PREMISE OF WINNING AND LOSING..................thanks in advance for useless rhetoric with NOTHING TO BACK IT UP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mine twenty years plus of winning and yours twenty years of saluting losing

OK YOU WIN NOW CRITIQUE MY PREMISE OF WINNING AND LOSING..................thanks in advance for useless rhetoric with NOTHING TO BACK IT UP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mine twenty years plus of winning and yours twenty years of saluting losing

I'm not repeating myself you need to learn how to read what other people are saying. I told you what i think we need to start doing

I'm not repeating myself you need to learn how to read what other people are saying. I told you what i think we need to start doing

So lets be simple Jake, do you agree with my premises or disagree, it is that simple, instead you attacked me for my august post and never said you agree, just get it Jake and say Rich is right on always and again

simple as that

This team needs a real owner one that loves this club and has the shrewd attitude and drive to assure things get done right..

Money alone is not enough to win in the nfl simply because their is 31 other owners that have the balls, desire and leadership the browns lack...

Shurmur is not a leader he is more a teacher at a time this club needs extreme leadership and holmgren/heckert damn sure arent doing anything about it because lerner is not the captain of his own ship and not barking out orders to man the helm at a time that the ship is running aground..

It was in the sixties and fifties that all the world was "Brownstown"

It was because they were the "greatest show in football"

and nobody challenged

They had a supreme winner in Otto Graham and the greatest coach ever in Paul Brown and then his student Blanton Collier and the greatest runner ever in Jim Brown and the great ones Mac Speedie and Dante Lavelli, Paul Warfield, Gary Collins, Leroy Kelly,

all they ever did was win for 25 consecutive years minus one including 8Championship Pro Football seasons

Then things went dim in the seventies and then we had the Kardiac Kids for few years and that was awesome

Then we had the Kosar and Marty years, and somehow we lost our identity except it never changed, the Browns in the Marty Years were a great offensive team with great back Mack and Byner and great wide receivers Slaughter and Langhorne and a premier TE in Ozzie Newsome

Unfortunately, during the Marty years we had two great dbs in Frank Miinnified and Hanford Dixon and Dixon came up with the DAWG POUND thingy and Cleveland has remained brain dead ever since

Too big time bad concepts embraced in toto and they have led us to losing for almost every year since 1991, as sad as that is

Please fans lets return to our roots where Offense wins Championships and you get the greatest players to touch the ball on your team

Randy Lerner, I hope you get this message and get people who understand to start unraveling the lunacy we been doing now going on 20 some years

I agree with you that the "Dawgs" persona should have stayed affixed to the Dixon-Minniefield era.

Continuing on with that themes is purely the marketer's department laziness.

It is as foolish to keep that theme for this team as it would be say for the 2011 Rams to call their defensive line "The Fearsome Foursome".

The dawgpound was a very cool thing back in the day.

Of course, Hanford Dixon was NUMBER ONE DRAFT PICK,

and Minnifield was a rock solid cover corner signed the the Browns as a FA.

How many cb's have the Browns drafted in the first round since 99?

One, Hayden. Get another rock solid cb, and if they start playing and barking like

Dixon and Minnifield... it will be cool again.

But Rich - your mantras are older than the history you keep whining about.

Being a student of football history is one thing.

Being a wild and crazy rambling incoherent man is another. But, at least you are

a good bit entertaining. That isn't the case with your stupimese twin. @@

For the first time, I see the Browns drafting very, very intelligently the last two years...

and I see some serious intensity of play. There are still some serious weaknesses...

and whether or not you consider Colt one of them, the others are critical.

Your negativity is kinda sick, Rich. Here's an idea:

Why don't you and your other stupidmese twin create a mock draft?

That way you can show us how much you would be "correctamundo" !

That's my challenge. Accept it,

or BUILD A FREAKIN BRIDGE about the Browns history way back in the day, compared to now.;)

So, I've split a dozen large sections of wild cherry tree into a nice hill of firewood....

while still waiting for Ghnarlie and Rich to accept my challenge.

Mock drafts, by both of you.

Show us how "CORRECTAMUNDO" you would be.

You two accept? :)

The dawgpound was a very cool thing back in the day.

Of course, Hanford Dixon was NUMBER ONE DRAFT PICK,

and Minnifield was a rock solid cover corner signed the the Browns as a FA.

How many cb's have the Browns drafted in the first round since 99?

One, Hayden. Get another rock solid cb, and if they start playing and barking like

Dixon and Minnifield... it will be cool again.

But Rich - your mantras are older than the history you keep whining about.

Being a student of football history is one thing.

Being a wild and crazy rambling incoherent man is another. But, at least you are

a good bit entertaining. That isn't the case with your stupimese twin. @@

For the first time, I see the Browns drafting very, very intelligently the last two years...

and I see some serious intensity of play. There are still some serious weaknesses...

and whether or not you consider Colt one of them, the others are critical.

Your negativity is kinda sick, Rich. Here's an idea:

Why don't you and your other stupidmese twin create a mock draft?

That way you can show us how much you would be "correctamundo" !

That's my challenge. Accept it,

or BUILD A FREAKIN BRIDGE about the Browns history way back in the day, compared to now.;)

Your negativity is dismally dismaying and demoralizing Cal. You see I been getting it right for 11 years and you been getting it all wrong as exemplified in your sophomoric post. I BEING POSITIVE keep saying what we need to do to get it right and start winning and you counter with keep doing the wrong to keep losing.............FUNNY PART IS YOU CALL ME NEGATIVE FOR SAYING HOW TO WIN AND YOU KEEP SAYING YOU ARE POSITIVE FOR WANTING TO KEEP DOIING THE THINGS THAT KEEP US LOSERS

sorry, cal, i am positive and a winner, and you are negative and a loser

and the track record is completely 100% on my side

as far as mock drafts cal, history is my side, I made these calls through the years for our one pick, Ben, Julio, Peterson, Urlacher, among others. Further, a mock draft is too hard to go past two rounds because of the dynamics of the board, But you do what you do Cal, keep wanting plow horses to win championships and ignoring what does win championships and that is proven

Your negativity is dismally dismaying and demoralizing Cal. You see I been getting it right for 11 years and you been getting it all wrong as exemplified in your sophomoric post. I BEING POSITIVE keep saying what we need to do to get it right and start winning and you counter with keep doing the wrong to keep losing.............FUNNY PART IS YOU CALL ME NEGATIVE FOR SAYING HOW TO WIN AND YOU KEEP SAYING YOU ARE POSITIVE FOR WANTING TO KEEP DOIING THE THINGS THAT KEEP US LOSERS

sorry, cal, i am positive and a winner, and you are negative and a loser

and the track record is completely 100% on my side

as far as mock drafts cal, history is my side, I made these calls through the years for our one pick, Ben, Julio, Peterson, Urlacher, among others. Further, a mock draft is too hard to go past two rounds because of the dynamics of the board, But you do what you do Cal, keep wanting plow horses to win championships and ignoring what does win championships and that is proven

And Julio,Urlacher and Peterson have 0 Superbowl rings...yeah Ben got two on the backs of his Defense...even a blind rapist gets a nugget once in awhile...again as usual...YOU ARE DEAD WRONG!

Needs to stop. It is going to ruin the board completely.

Let him run his fat mouth Cal...He's nothing but a loser in the true sense of the word...Sad part is deep down he knows it.

Archived