THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2009 Schedule

rich4eagle

I think this is accurate but not 100% sure

the Browns schedule for 2009 is almost set. Here's a sneak peak at what we'll be looking at. We get to play the Lions oh boy

For those who don't know how the schedule is made, here's a quick breakdown:

- Home and away against all divisional opponents

- One game against all teams in one other division from your conference (two home, two away)

- One game against all teams in one division from the other conference (two home, two away)

- One game against teams from your conference from divisions you don't play that finish in the same position as your team (one home, one away).

Since the Browns played the AFC South this year, and the AFC East the year before, it is our turn to play the AFC West. In 2006 (the last time we played the AFC West), we played Kansas City and Denver at home, which means we will play them away next year.

The cycle of NFC opponents brings the Browns to the NFC North, a slate of teams they haven't seen since 2005. In '05, we saw Chicago and Detroit at Browns Stadium, which means we'll get to see both Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson at home next season. This also gives us the potential for a Thanksgiving Day game against Detroit. That would be something eh!

Finally, since we finished last in the AFC North, we get the last AFC South and last AFC East. The last time we played the AFC West, we played our East equivalent at home and our South equivalent away. It will flip for 2009 and we will see the South last place team (Jacksonville) at home and the face East loser (Buffalo) away.

So, with that in mind, here is the Browns 2009 list of opponents:

Home Games

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

San Diego

Oakland

Green Bay

Minnesota

Jacksonville

Away Games

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Kansas City

Denver

Chicago

Detroit

Buffalo :rolleyes:

Thanks I believe I explained the formula so you will not have wait until the Browns site site puts up schedules at the end of each year. Only two games each year are undetermined. I worked it out with sweat equity..........and you can use it now to put most of 2010 schedule in place as well.........I was just trying to make it easier to figure out what is next in future years........my bad

2010 will include Carolina and Atlanta and the Jets and Patriots at home and Tampa and New Orleans and Miami and Buffalo on the road plus our six division games and two TBD games against AFC West and AFC South based on where we finish in our division

The 2002 - 2009 schedules used / are using this formula. The NFL has not yet stated that they are going to continue with the same formula. It is actually one of the topics that will be discussed at the upcoming owners meetings. So...no guarantee as of now that the 2010 sched will be as you stated.

Doug

The 2002 - 2009 schedules used / are using this formula. The NFL has not yet stated that they are going to continue with the same formula. It is actually one of the topics that will be discussed at the upcoming owners meetings. So...no guarantee as of now that the 2010 sched will be as you stated.

Doug

Correct. Next season is the last season using the current formula. These schedules have been known for 5-6 years(minus the 2 opponents assigned based on similar record)

Right now the NFL is debating those international games that have been bantered around, but I suspect in the short term, they will just continue the cycle.

Now all we need are dates, which usually come out in early/mid April.

Planning my strength of travel schedule is about as fun as going to games(and was this past season since we lost all but one of the games I attended)

Inside of 2 weeks after the schedule is made, I book rooms, rental cars, airline reservations if I plan to fly up, restaurant reservations....gives me something to think about because by April, the bad taste in my mouth of the previous season has been washed away and I am ready to see the Browns.

Then camp opens which is a big day....and the day the tickets arrive...well, that is a day of celebration and do my annual happy dance around the kitchen table.;)

Guest ATENEARS

Gotta get prepared for next seasons Tailgate Parties ...

Home Games

Baltimore .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars, ointment for crabs

Pittsburgh .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars, don't shower

Cincinnati .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars, corn hole

San Diego .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars

Oakland .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jack Daniels, Vodka, cigars

Green Bay .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars, cheese

Minnesota .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars

Jacksonville .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars

Bring'em on, we're prepared now!

Nothing fancy, just old fashion Tailgating ... that's the way I like it!

Home Games

Baltimore .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars, ointment for crabs

Pittsburgh .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars, don't shower

Cincinnati .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars, corn hole

San Diego .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars

Oakland .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jack Daniels, Vodka, cigars

Green Bay .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars, cheese

Minnesota .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars

Jacksonville .... Beer, Burgers, dogs, Jello-shots, Hoorta's orange shit, Jim Beam, Vodka, cigars

Good call on the Jack for the Raiders game.

I like that our away schedule is all cold weather cities ... nowhere to hide when the weather gets nasty.

Away Games

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Kansas City

Denver

Chicago

Detroit

Buffalo

Now all we need is a running game and a defense that can stop a running game.

Zombo

--Still

Home Games

And no annoying Thursday, Monday, Sunday night games. We sucked so hard this year, chances are these will ALL be Sunday 1 p.m. starts....which suits me just fine. Looking forward to flying home at least once. Saving moolah now. Also considering the trip to Denver.

Doug

And no annoying Thursday, Monday, Sunday night games. We sucked so hard this year, chances are these will ALL be Sunday 1 p.m. starts....which suits me just fine. Looking forward to flying home at least once. Saving moolah now. Also considering the trip to Denver.

Doug

I'll be back at least once next season. Denver as a road trip?? Hmmmmmm...wonder how much it is to fly there on Southwest and if its a game early enough in the season where I won't have my dick fall off like an icicle...

where is this optimism coming from? we have two gimmes on the schedule, detroit and KC. cinci beat us this year (yes, our QBs were out, but so was palmer), and cedric effing benson ran all over us.

hell, even the dysfunctional as hell raiders won more games than we did, and all they can do is run the ball and throw to the tight end (i live in the bay area and watched their games).

2009 is gonna be another tough year for the browns.

I'm hoping to make the trip to Detroit........anyone else?

That will likely be one of my road trips. My old college roomie lives in Troy. I'm not big on domes, but Ford Field is a fantastic venue. Tickets should be plentiful- and cheap as a bonus.

I got best seats in the house- 35 yard line field level, row 30 for the preseason game there last year for $40 bucks on Stubhub.

Good call on the Jack for the Raiders game.

I like that our away schedule is all cold weather cities ... nowhere to hide when the weather gets nasty.

Away Games

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Kansas City

Denver

Chicago

Detroit

Buffalo

Now all we need is a running game and a defense that can stop a running game.

Zombo

--Still

I'm considering KC as a second road trip. Not to take anything away from Ed and Stan, but tailgating at Arrowhead has been taken to an art form. Great venue & great fans that won't throw beer at you. KC is a fun town on the weekend too.

Archived