THE BROWNS BOARD

Halfway Throught The Season

miktoxic

so just watching some of these games today.....what does everyone think?

me:

nfc is overrated. nfc east used to be (about 5 years ago) the division that would throw a team into the superbowl. now, what? giants? unpredictable. eagles? sold their soul for the ring this year..redskins :lol: cowboys? yeah they won but if jessica burps the wrong way they are done.

49ers? in the worse division ever? ok maybe the titans in the worse division ever. no denver with tevow in the worse division.

afc north and nfc north. the two true bruising divs. superbowl berths from each this year. bears and ravens.

I don't know if I have ever seen so many weak teams in the NFL.

PArt of what you are seeing is the fallout from colleges going to a touch-football style offense and qbs throwing the ball like a baseball instead of throwing timing and accuracy throws. These new generation QBs are great......... for peepee football but as we can see, there are more shit QBs that at any time in the last 50 years of the NFL.

The thing that concerns me of course is that the Browns have fielded in 2012, the same exact level of talent that they did in 1999. There has been no improvement and we will continue drafting shit players, linemen, linemen, linemen. Hey, it has worked so far, right?

Nobody is going to beat Green Bay. It doens't matter. As far as that goes, this season is over, and has been for awhile. Aaron Rogers has no equal right now and he has a great team around him. As goes the QB, so goes the SB.

I also don't see the Ravens going to the show. They are not disciplined, and won't beat the Steelers a third time in the sme season. New England's D is in repair, but I wouldn't count Bill B out. San Diego is very talented but not consistent.

Frankly, if I betting this far out? IN the AFC I am going to bet on, in this order.......... QB, discipline, pride, emotion, Wrs, RBs and then defense.

That spells Steelers. THe Steelers are aging, but I think Ben gets them another shot, maybe the last one for a few years, but nonetheless, I think a Packers/Steelers SB is what we will see.

can never count out the steelers BUT even though the ravens got chumped by the seahags today i still think they are the team into the big dance prob against the packers/bears div playoff winner.

can never count out the steelers BUT even though the ravens got chumped by the seahags today i still think they are the team into the big dance prob against the packers/bears div playoff winner.

Ravens? Flacco completed a Browns-ish 29 passes for 240 yards yesterday. I'm not a buyer on that team at all.

Dark Horse: the Texans. Their O-line looks strong, they have a decent defense. I think it's coming down to 3 teams in the AFC...Pitt, NE, & Houston. Oakland will probably win the west, Ratbirds & Jets wild cards.

NFC- agree on Green Bay, truly the class of the league. SF, NO, & the NYG could scare them. Wild Cards: Cowboys & Bears. I think the Falcons are done after yesterday.

Back in the day, the Bears, Green Bay, New Orleans, San Fran, Oakland.. were some of the worst teams in the entire NFL.

They were constantly drafting in the top of the draft. But good drafting? eventually turns a team around.

Sadly, the Browns could have done that several years ago... except for the really stupid drafting they did.

Too bad the Browns didn't do it right back then. But they have now, it's going to take another year at least.

Still about 4 or 5 serious missing pieces.

Buck up, folks - there used to be an entire team of missing pieces due to really stupid drafting.

But that's in the past. I'm looking to next year's additions, and what I see as the turning point in the

once and for all RIGHTING of the situation with our BROWNS..

The Browns should take the following picks for their first three:

1. WR

1. RB

2. RT

If someone like Riley Reiff slips to the Browns I can't see them passing on him. He's a fellow Big 10 OT that could be future pro-bowler (like Thomas). If not I think taking Alshon Jeffery or Blackmon if available is a must. If not with their second 1st round pick Michael Floyd would be a good pick as well. Possibly Mike Adams from OSU in the second round, or a linebacker if available.

Archived