THE BROWNS BOARD

Green Vs Little Vs Jones

tampadawgs

I agree that it is silly to compare Little talent or production wise with Julio Jones (who has missed a few games but has still put up bigger numbers). But, as mentioned on this thread, Jones is playing with a team that has Ryan, Turner, Gonzales, and Roddy White, which should not be overlooked.

Additionally, people forget that Little did not play a snap of football last year AND he only played 1 full year of WR in his life (add that to no off season, which I think hurts Little more than Jones). All Im saying is I dont think right now is the time to compare the two WRs because Little has the potential to improve tremendously at the position. Im not saying he is in the same class as Julio at all, but I think he will continue to close the gap as he gets better and the Browns get more talent.

I know this isnt comparing the two WRs straight up, but Phil Taylor was GREAT last game, and we still have a 1st and 4th next year from the trade. Id do the trade again in a heart beat.

When I saw Little and Green work out for whats-his-name the coach (dammit)....

Little is a bit shorter, but they are very similar. One ran a play, the other ran the same play.

it looks exactly the same to me, after the coach had Little make his break on a dime.

Little was a great pick. He is like the rest of the offense - he is limited by the offensive line

pass blocking on the right side. Well, that, and not much of a running game ususally....

When I saw Little and Green work out for whats-his-name the coach (dammit)....

Little is a bit shorter, but they are very similar. One ran a play, the other ran the same play.

it looks exactly the same to me, after the coach had Little make his break on a dime.

Little was a great pick. He is like the rest of the offense - he is limited by the offensive line

pass blocking on the right side. Well, that, and not much of a running game ususally....

Just think what Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Drew Brees would have achieved if they had a good OL..........................Little is no Green or Jones, different caliber of cat

for mr Hillis, Green's injury is hyperextension

I forgot that this last year's draft was the only draft we could get a #1 WR in. How could I be so stupid. Now what are we going to draft with one of our 2 first rounders this year?!?

As I said in another post, if the Browns and Falcons stay in their current positions, Browns will be drafting from 9-12 with their pick and from about 15-22 with ATL's pick.

What would YOU like to see them draft?

A playmaker? OK...is that a WR or RB? Blackmon/Floyd/Jeffreys/Trent Richardson. Would any one of those satify all y'all who are calling for a playmaker? (not that I am not one of you)

We definitely need help in the LB corps. Anyone disagree? That should be a priority....though I might like to see Chase Minifield with that 2d pick.

As I said in another post, if the Browns and Falcons stay in their current positions, Browns will be drafting from 9-12 with their pick and from about 15-22 with ATL's pick.

What would YOU like to see them draft?

A playmaker? OK...is that a WR or RB? Blackmon/Floyd/Jeffreys/Trent Richardson. Would any one of those satify all y'all who are calling for a playmaker? (not that I am not one of you)

We definitely need help in the LB corps. Anyone disagree? That should be a priority....though I might like to see Chase Minifield with that 2d pick.

Yeah, I'm right with you on WR-LB with the first two picks. RT in the second round. Minnifield is interesting, would fill a need, is a great sentimental pick, and Sheldon Brown is about shot. But the sensible side of me says- take a look at the Eagles with their All-World Cornerback crew- doesn't help you much if you don't have a decent set of linebackers to get some qb pressure.

Jauron doesn't blitz much, so lbers aren't bringing the heat. They're run stoppers in this d

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well. Considering the Browns are 30th in run defense, ya think we might need some serious improvement in that area????

Archived