THE BROWNS BOARD

What's going on with Chud

DieselPusher

I would think it would be the next HC's decision. I think Mangini got along well with Bill Callahan (his Asst. HC an Line coach) and his QB coach for the Jets, Brian Daboll.

I think I could take Chud if he could make some adjustments and be a little more creative in his game plans. I don't know how much he was surpressed under RAC or if he was just a one year wonder that couldn't get it done after teams adjusted to his schemes the first year.

I really don't think Shearer did a good job as QB coach developing our young QBs.

Guest c-dawg

Stats from nfl.com.

This year Chud has presided over what must be one of the worst offenses in Cleveland history:

Total Offense: Rank 31st

Points Per Game: Rank 31st

Yards Per Game: Rank 31st

Pass Yards: Rank 31st

Rush Yards: Rank 26th

Why would we even be interested in keeping him? The LIONS are ranked higher and lost every game. Think they will interview their offensive coordinator for the HC job?

Also, on the subject of Tucker getting an interview. He deserved it more than Chud and not for the Rooney Rule:

Total Defense: Rank 26th (Yahoo ranks us 16th!)

Points Per Game: Rank 17th

Yards Per Game: Rank 26th

Pass Yards Per Game: Rank 14th

Rush Yards Per Game: Rank 28th

Also, anyone remember last year's (2007) point average per game? We scored about 30 and gave up about 30.

This year? We scored about 15 and gave up about 22. Also, our time of possession ranked 31st which means our defense spent a ton of time on the field and gave up less points.

I have been on Tucker all year long but have to admit that his unit far outplayed the O. So why all the concern about Chud's job? We haven't scored over ten points in a game since before Thanksgiving!

Stats from nfl.com.

This year Chud has presided over what must be one of the worst offenses in Cleveland history:

Total Offense: Rank 31st

Points Per Game: Rank 31st

Yards Per Game: Rank 31st

Pass Yards: Rank 31st

Rush Yards: Rank 26th

Why would we even be interested in keeping him? The LIONS are ranked higher and lost every game. Think they will interview their offensive coordinator for the HC job?

Also, on the subject of Tucker getting an interview. He deserved it more than Chud and not for the Rooney Rule:

Total Defense: Rank 26th (Yahoo ranks us 16th!)

Points Per Game: Rank 17th

Yards Per Game: Rank 26th

Pass Yards Per Game: Rank 14th

Rush Yards Per Game: Rank 28th

Also, anyone remember last year's (2007) point average per game? We scored about 30 and gave up about 30.

This year? We scored about 15 and gave up about 22. Also, our time of possession ranked 31st which means our defense spent a ton of time on the field and gave up less points.

I have been on Tucker all year long but have to admit that his unit far outplayed the O. So why all the concern about Chud's job? We haven't scored over ten points in a game since before Thanksgiving!

I'm not saying Chud did a good job but consider those stats are compiled with 4 QBs, Offensive line injuries, losing Winslow and a head coach that demanded you establish the run. I don't want Chud back but you just can't throw out some figures without an explanation and Tucker didn't do better then shit.........................................He was a "Rooney Rule candidate period. He didn't deserve it.

Establish the run?

see if this sounds familiar

1st down= incomplete pass

2nd down =run 1 yd gain

3rd down incomplete pass

4th down punt

next series

1st down = dropped pass

2nd down = 1 yd run

3rd down = 2 yd completion to the fullback (did anyone one in the league throw more 1&2 yd passes than the Browns?)

4th down= punt

load this guy on the same turnip truck as Romeo

Chud is one dimensional to put it mildly..he was a major part of a troubled regime that failed at every level of management from the owner down..chud is a quitter he layed down and let his players lay down..furthering the disaster by having absolutely no faith in anyone to get the job done and going with predictable gameplans and non dynamic playcalling a pee wee coach wouldnt use...

Chud was a half a year wonder until there was enough film to determine there is no variation to anything he does...chud has to go bye bye and you wont see any nfl team looking to take him in..

Archived