THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns And Jags

Jag4life00

Hey Browns Fans, not sure if you guys remember me, stopped by during the week before our game last year. Just wanted to stop in and say hi, get your thoughts on the up coming game and your season. This year has been a bit of a roller coaster for us Jags.

I do believe had David Garrard been healthy and ready to go we would be in charge of our division, but the Colts could say the same thing. Our Defense is 100x improved over last year, its a little of the younger guys developing and the addition of our free agents.

Curious how do you guys feel about Peyton Hillis? I know last year this board was pretty high on him, whats the deal haven't seen as much from him this year?

Anyways heres to a good injury free game!

The Browns aren't doing too well as of lately. Most of the fans on here are pissed at the result of the team this year. The Hillis crap has sucked, along with Shurmur's playcalling decisions. It's not been a good year. Only positive is a young defense that, with 2-3 more tools can be elite. And the offense just hasnt had a steady oppurtunity with Mccoy due to injuries, offensive line issues, no rb etc. etc. Greg Little and Josh Cribbs are moderate playmakers, and Joe Haden, Jabaal Sheard, Phil Taylor, and D'Qwell Jackson are all very solid. Thats....about it...

We will lose to you. It will be an ugly game.

B gabbert is terrible. I feel sorry for you guys also.

The browns haven't scored a touch down in a game we have won since sept 25th.

Our best offensive play is the punt.

So watch out for brad maynerd to go off on you guys

Well keep up the faith Browns fans, Last year our defense was missing some pieces but it all just clicked this year on that side of the ball.

As for Gabbert, well I'm just looking for improvement, I'll hold off judging the kid until next year, but he hasn't looked great his year at all.

well then we'll be a good confidence booster for him. you wont even need to pass the ball to win....our D is very efficient at rolling out the red carpet for opposing rushers. 3rd and shorts all day will greatly aide in your double digit victory.

It looks as though the game is moving way too fast for rookie coach Pat Shurmur. (Walker) That's the ESPN take, and I happen to agree. the guy has the "deer in the headlights" look way too often. May well be a very bad hire by Holmgren- Rams fans were thrilled to see him leave St Louis.

Don't let the Browns #1 ranked pass defense scare you- because with the 30th ranked run defense, teams aren't bothering to pass on the Browns. If Jones Drew is 1\2 healthy, pencil him in for a 100+ yard game and a couple touchdowns. Joe Haden is having a realy good year @ corner, and Taylor & Sheard were solid pickups. Unfortunately, the line backing with the possible exception of D'qwell Jackson stinks, and saftey TJ Ward will miss the game with a bum foot.

Offensively, McCoy can be accurate- if given enough time- which he hasn't had much of this year. Steinbach going out for the year with a neck injury has hurt badly. Teams are just ignoring Joe Thomas, and running over, around, and through the two guards- and RT Tony Pashos isn't much better. Greg Little has looked promising @ wr, and Cribbs has done an adequate job of filling in for the often concussed Mohammed Massaquoi, who may miss the game. Look for the Browns to draft a #1 wideout next year- serious weakness there.

Hillis has already been ruled out after he re injured his hamstring a couple of weeks ago- the Browns are being very cautious about getting him back into action, another re-tweak, and it's off to IR. I'm starting to believe in the Madden Curse. Hardesty probably is out too, with a torn calf muscle. that leaves us the stellar Chris Obi-wan-gonobi as the starting running back, unless Shurmur allows a couple of his neurons to communicate, and runs Cribbs out of the WildDawg.

Archived