THE BROWNS BOARD

Just Watched The Oklahoma State/iowa State Game

Hunt Daddy

reportedly a 4.5ish runner....we have lots of slow guys.

Yet everyone who doesn't want Blackmon wants Jeffery, a 4.55-4.6 runner. None of the top guys this year are burners and honestly don't look at the guys 40 time anyway. What how fast he plays on the field while he's wearing pads. Jones ran a 4.35 to Green's 4.5 and I think they both look equally as fast on the field.

reportedly a 4.5ish runner....we have lots of slow guys.

You know who else ran in the 4.5s? Jerry Rice. Now if you meant 4.3 speed is the only criteria, I'm right with you. By that standard Reynaldo Nehemiah- he of 4.2 speed should have been the greatest WR ever. Fred Biletnikoff and Steve Largent weren't exactly burners, and both are in the HOF.

BTW, Blackmon put up 1,700 yards and 20 TDs last year, has 1,200 yards and 15 TDs this year. He sucks, why draft talent? Trade down and take Chase Minnifield.

I don't want to hear the Jerry Rice 4.7 reference anymore. It's like your parents saying I told you so every time you do something wrong. Just pay attention to game day pad wearing speed. Joe Haden ran over a 4.5 but during game day he is fairly fast. Blackmon looks so quick and fast when he plays, I don't care what his reported 40 time is from 2 summers ago. If your looking for someone who runs a 4.4 or faster then don't look any sooner than the 2nd round and don't bitch cause we didn't take a 1st round WR.

what's really troubling is that cribbs is even mentioned as a WR on our team. they totally have ruined his career.

we need a WR in the draft, that's a given, whether we draft one that high or not is the question. but if you want the best then grab blackmon. if not i agree with hoorta and trade down get another pick and get minnifield. then grab two wide receivers.

maybe we'll be smart this year and draft from the pro-ready SEC.

I'm actually really intrigued with what little is bringing to the table the last 3 games. He's getting a lot better really fast IMO. I personally think the better offensive player to draft is Trent Richardson though. Don't get me wrong, Blackmon is gonna be Larry Fitz good, but he's not gonna be where we draft. I do think Trent will be there though and I'm telling you right now he's AP version 2. I actually if the draft were tomorrow would hope for Richardson and the best DB available with the two first round picks.

Cribbs had another good game at WR, I disagree Mik.

no i know. unfortunately i don't frequent places that do satellite football games on sunday..so a lot of times i'm catching shit late as i have to deal with the over population of NY fans amongst dallas fans amongst steeler fans....all here amongst yankee fans.

cribbs in my mind is/was the best return man in the league until they started giving him other shit to do. alright, once in a while as a WR maybe even lined up at tailback.

BUT WHY NOT QB FOR A COUPLE OF SERIES JUST TO THROW THE OTHER TEAM OFF IT"S D GAME PLAN?? ALA TEBOW??

I don't want to hear the Jerry Rice 4.7 reference anymore. It's like your parents saying I told you so every time you do something wrong. Just pay attention to game day pad wearing speed. Joe Haden ran over a 4.5 but during game day he is fairly fast. Blackmon looks so quick and fast when he plays, I don't care what his reported 40 time is from 2 summers ago. If your looking for someone who runs a 4.4 or faster then don't look any sooner than the 2nd round and don't bitch cause we didn't take a 1st round WR.

That's exactly what I'm saying- quickness out of your breaks is way more important than track speed for a wide receiver.

If a blazing 40 time was the only thing that mattered, I'd like to think Carlton Mitchell would have been playing by now. Ray Lewis dropped to the second round because of a slow 40 time, and (I hate to say it) is a lock first ballot HOFer.

Archived