THE BROWNS BOARD

What is your Criteria to determine Browns Success

BrownIndian

We know that the Browns will have a new GM and a new coach. But how will you determine if they are moving in the right direction ?

>> Should they have more wins than this year than last ? ()

>> Should they be higher than .5% ?

>> Should they atleast win 10 games or finish with a playoff spot ?

>> Beat the Steelers?

what are your thoughts ? What is your bench mark that the Browns have to cross in order to prove to you that they are moving in the right direction ?

We know that the Browns will have a new GM and a new coach. But how will you determine if they are moving in the right direction ?

>> Beat the Steelers?

what are your thoughts ? What is your bench mark that the Browns have to cross in order to prove to you that they are moving in the right direction ?

score a touchdown before game 5

Guest Masters

With a new GM and HC, i'd say a winning season (over .500), better than .500 in the division, and beating PIT at least once. That's just for year 1.

seven wins

no more than one game at a time without a touchdown

running the ball and stopping the run

that's pretty much what i think, but six wins is enough for me.

other things i'll need to consider the browns successful in 09:

either curry or mays in round 1

competitive games against pittsburgh and baltimore - we don't have to win, but we should lose by no more than 7 in all four games

consistent schemed pressure on the QB - not just rogers making plays, but a DC calling inventive blitzes

rushing 3 only in 3rd/20+ situations

no QBs on IR

I'll say having the opposing teams run a lot fewer than the 541 rush attempts they ran against us this year. Obviously, a lot of that falls on the defense itself, especially the 3rd and longs that were converted against us all season. But also to have an offense able to sustain a drive. We gave up 4.5 yards a carry this year on the ground, not great by any means but about the same YPC as the Panthers, Bucs and Texans and way better than the Falcons 4.9 YPC against. If we weren't so worn out on D in the later stages of the game maybe they wouldn't have raised the YPC against our tired D. I want an offense that allows our D to occasionally play with a lead, allowing us to pin our ears back and attack. I want a staff that isn't scared to be aggressive in the right spots, on D and O. And I want free season tickets for all Browns Board members... to appease the masses. That is assuming that we are better than this past year, otherwise I wouldn't wish that on you.

Don't really wnat to put a number on it but,

A vast improvement in tackling, blocking technique, discipline. Reduce mistakes. Play with heart and intensity. Maximize the potential of young players and coach them up.

A actual idenity as a team. Cut out any cancer and create a team atmosphere.

If a new coach can accomplish those, then it will reflect in the win column. I'm tired of illegal procedures and defensive offsides, stupid personal fouls............dumb mistakes. Tired of unimaginative games plans. Tired of a bend but don't break defensive scheme.

Rid the team of unproductive, overpaid veterans who think they are owed something.

Accomplish all that and you will see double digit wins.

Your title is different than the question...If i go by the question, i say what i have said for 30 years...anything less than a Super Bowl win is a failed season.

If we are talking progress....9-10 wins.

When someone says "that's Cleveland Brown's type of football", and you know exactly what they mean.

When we don't raid other teams to find our talent.

When other teams start signing our players to improve their team, and we replace them without missing a beat.

When our front office hires people we have confidence they are the right person.

After that it will fall together.

A winning season next year doesn't mean success. The Falcons and Cardinals, etc. are in the playoffs, but success is defined by the likes of the Eagles, Steelers, and Colts. When the team is more often than not, in the playoffs.

I'd like to end the trend of opposing teams' 100 yd rushers when they play us. Last I counted was near 28 of our last 32 games had one (or two <_< ).

More wins than losses.

Not using the draft to staff our practice squad.

A more aggressive defense.

A keg of stick-um in #17's locker (he's nails if he can hang on to 15 more footballs this season).

Harrison as our feature back, JL as goal line/ short yardage.

Rucker/Heiden as TE's.

Winslow as our #2/3, Steptoe/Cribbs sharing the slot role. (Bye Stallworth)

Drafting some OL depth (Big 10/12)

Curry round 1

Finding a back-up QB (so long, DA, and thanks for 2007-seriously.)

7 wins or better would be great but more importantly i want to see high spirited disciplined motivated play on the field with a lot of kool-aid consumption from the coaches to the players win or lose...and a structure that can be seen developing instead of a mess being kept silent..

Lerner needs a better pr guy to be the face of the club..

Keys i see as important regardless of the individual hires lerner may make are:

Collective teamwork and cooperation in the front office

Teamwork and consistancy developing on the field

Motivational player discipline

Proper discipline rules and their firm application on the field are a must(benching/releasing/docking the DAs/edwards/cousins etc)if they cant/arent getting it done and hurting the teams efforts because of faults that are theirs alone..

.500 or better

at least 4-2 in division, 1 win over Pitt

2 solid starter and 2 more guys that can start (START, NOT BACKUP) within 3 seasons in the draft

1 key FA pickup

coaches that can "farm" late round picks, 1-2 seasons on the practice squad, develop into at least solid backup

no more bend but don't break hum drum D

run the ball, stop the run

low turnover offense

high turnover defense

If we have to let Braylon "inconsistent as DA" Edwards and Kellen "Whoops there went my knee" Winslow go to build this team, so be it.

I want to be able to see when a player is on the decline and let them go before giving a big contract to get.... NOTHING in return.

So in order to realize these goals we need a solid gm, good scouts and coaching staff with excellent position coaches.

>> Beat the Steelers?

EVERY ONE OF THE ABOVE ITEMS SHOULD BE ACCOMPLISHED NEXT YEAR. IT IS NOT UNREASONABLE IF YOU LOOK BACK AT YOUR LIST.

First you win more than this year, then you move over .500, beat the steelers (at least split) then you win 10 or more and get in the playoffs. If you use the above list as building blocks... They can all be done.. First get the right coach, the right GM, good compensation for DA.. and have a great draft.. This team has the talent... The coaching was pathetic this year.

With a new GM and HC, i'd say a winning season (over .500), better than .500 in the division, and beating PIT at least once. That's just for year 1.

completly agree. The only thing I would add would be no BS. No players crying to media about being treated like a peice of meat, no more complaining about how you went to michigan and we dont like you, and finally no emails from the GM cursing out a fan.

Archived