THE BROWNS BOARD

Do We Really Want/need Hillis Back?

manbearpig

At this point in the season and the way things have gone, do we really want him back? I feel it would be awesome to have three healthy and productive running backs on this team... might open up all kinds of things. At this point though I have to wonder if we even want him back. As far as I am concerned he's made a travisty of this whole season and has had what.. one good game? What are your thoughts? I for one have been impressed with Ongabongabanana! I dunno I am just curious I guess~

I don't know. It entirely depends on if he can even get healthy and play again this season and what he is asking to be paid after the season is over. He isn't going to get any kind of decent offer from the team unless he can come back and be very productive the last few weeks which more than likely won't happen. I think the only way Hillis comes back is if we signed a one or two year deal worth a few million each year with an incentive laden contract and he would more than likely just be used as a FB/Short Yardage RB. But I think there are teams out there willing to give him around 4 years 5 million each year and he will most likely be wearing a blue star next season.

If we want to stand a chance at winning more than 1 game the rest of the imo yes. Who are the other 2 rbs that are healthy/productive? Ogbonnaya looks promising, but waiting to judge after the next 3 games.

Even if Hillis comes back his running style does not fit into the WCO and likely will not be re-signed after the season.

If we want to stand a chance at winning more than 1 game the rest of the imo yes. Who are the other 2 rbs that are healthy/productive? Ogbonnaya looks promising, but waiting to judge after the next 3 games.

Even if Hillis comes back his running style does not fit into the WCO and likely will not be re-signed after the season.

Hes a pass catcher out of the backfield...he totally fits the WCO

Personally, if I were running the team I would have cut Hillis a few weeks ago when he skipped practice to get married. Injuries, contract, and marriage. None of those sound like a football player I want on my team. He's all about himself and doesn't fit the WCO. I'm not sure if Ogbonnaya is "the one" but he looks like a good fit in the system and a reliable 3rd down back for a few years.

Yes!

We still haven't played Baltimore or Pittsburgh ... that's our season!

Bring him on...

Zombo

--all hands on deck

Do you really think he's that great of a player that his presence alone will somehow make the Browns win any of those games?

Hillis played in all 4 games last year, and the Browns went 0-4 against them.

Do you really think he's that great of a player that his presence alone will somehow make the Browns win any of those games?

His presence will give Baltimore and Pittsburgh something to thinkabout when they prepare for us.

We are a better team when our starters are healthy, nutsack, I want the best players playing.

Zombo

Archived