THE BROWNS BOARD

How Can Ownership Prove A Committment To Winning?

Loyalty

DeSean is one of 3 amazing playmakers on the Eagles (with Maclin and McCoy being the others) and he is pissed that he didn't get a re-up before the season started.

He is a moron because it is a contract year for OTHER teams that might want to give him a CONTRACT and they are seeing his ugly side.

If you heard his remarks after the game they sound a lot like what Cribbs said the other day about being sick of losing.

I seriously think Jackson might end up in Cleveland next year if they offer him the money and I would do it in a heartbeat. Cleveland has a ton of money to spend and draft picks are now A LOT cheaper than they used to be.

Make offers to DeSean Jackson and maybe even McNabb to be a backup with weight and fitness clauses on his contract.

Couple that with trying to get Trent Richardson and/or Alshon Jeffrey in the first round. I am probably living in a Retarded pipe-dream, but Cleveland would make people excited if they made these moves. It would prove to existing players that they are committed to at least TRYING to make the team a winner.

We could use some help on defense, Haden and Ward can't do it by themselves and D'Qwell Jackson is a beast once again.

...and by the way, Jabaal Sheard is probably the most overlooked defensive rookie this season. He is an absolute beast with Phil Taylor on that D-Line. I love what I see there as well, but it is always a building process.

Color me excited about the 2012 season.

PS = Can someone please correct my spelling of commitment?... had a brain-lapse

While Desean has alot of talent he has seemed to become a cancer in the locker room. McNabb is done, we would be better drafting a later round qb to be a third string and keeping Senaca as 2nd imo.

A commitment to winning is only something that can be gained overtime, well by winning or at least consistently putting a team capable of winning on the field. Currently it seems that the ownership only does what the media really wants him to do and doesn't seem to care to actually look into who gets hired. No major coaching search to hire Mangini, Holgrem while a great coach was not a great GM in Seattle when he was there, etc...

I understand the danger of a cancer being on the team, but talent is talent and I feel like the Browns as a franchise don't have time to worry about that right now. The fanbase is pissed off and I feel like another Jaguars beer-bottle game is on the way if we keep failing in crunch time because of sub-par players and coaching.

We have been in a lot of games this season and even led in the 4th quarter, but we constantly falter in the most important time of the game. It comes down to player performance and most of our players don't have a track record of doing anything in the clutch.

I know I am probably preaching to the choir or making excuses in order to justify my position but I just believe that this team needs some big moves and Heckert could make a splash this off-season if he wanted to.

The only way to save this team is to sell it to a new owner who writes on paper that he will keep it in Cleveland. We will never win with Learner behind the helm. I mean hell even if Holmgren is as bad as everyone paints him to be on here he is gone in 2-3 years anyway at the longest and we will be right back to square one with Lerner at the helm, crash and burn.

The only way to save this team is to sell it to a new owner who writes on paper that he will keep it in Cleveland. We will never win with Learner behind the helm. I mean hell even if Holmgren is as bad as everyone paints him to be on here he is gone in 2-3 years anyway at the longest and we will be right back to square one with Lerner at the helm, crash and burn.

I agree completely, lerner just does not possess the needed attitude or charisma of a successful nfl owner and even if holmgren was great he is still gone in a few years and this owner has no winning design on this team and if the new president wanted to go a different direction it could be right back to square one..

While getting a new owner is a crap shoot in and of itself personally i would rather take my chances with the dice than to stay a guaranteed pathetic team where mediocre is all we can hope for yet never see under randy lerners ownership..

We have a salary cap like every other team though. It isn't a question of spending the money that we have to spend - it is part of the new CBA next year and thereafter that we have to spend a certain % (90%?). Holmgren was hired to take the place of Lerner as the person that cares about the Franchise. Heckert was hired to take care of the business/player signing end of things.

I agree that Lerner needs to sell the team to someone that loves Cleveland and will forever keep the team here;

but that fact is that he is the owner and there isn't any sign of that changing.

I think the franchise is going to be at a crossroads after this season and a few things are definitely going to happen to show their intentions.

If they are serious about making us a contender -

1) A Playmaking WR will be drafted

2) A veteran 'big money' WR will be signed or at least highly pursued

3) If Hillis isn't re-signed we will draft a true long-term solution (Trent Richardson) that will play much like LeSean McCoy.

4) If McCoy is determined to not be the QB we need we will draft Matt Barkley since Luck is going to Indy most likely.

5) We will go after the best talent with all we can in Free Agency.

If they aren't serious

- None of that will happen.

I made a statement about offense winining and impact players on offense and how useless focusing on the OLine was..it got sent into cyberspace, but the essence of the message is here

ownership can make a commitment to winning by making a commitment to the head coach..the players..the front office and other staff

the turnover rate as an employee for the browns is worse than mcdonalds....keep some people on staff for more than a season or 2 for christs sake

ownership can make a commitment to winning by making a commitment to the head coach..the players..the front office and other staff

the turnover rate as an employee for the browns is worse than mcdonalds....keep some people on staff for more than a season or 2 for christs sake

That is true, but again if an employee is good then will there be a need to fire him ? You cannot argue that all the coaches we hired were the right hire. I mean how many of them are coaching in an NFL level again ?

Archived