THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Success Or Division Spoiler

BendMeOver

Back in 2003, I wanted the Steelers to win their season finale against the Ravens and potentially spoil the Ratbirds post-season bid. Had the Steelers won the game, my team would've drafted after Buffalo and Ben Roethlisberger definately would have been on another team. The Steelers probably wouldn't have been to 3 Super Bowls should that victory have occurred over the Ravens.

The Browns have a chance to spoil play-off bids (more likely seeding) to either the Ravens and/or Steelers. The majority of you Brownies have a higher hatred passion for the Steelers than the city that stole your team and what should've been Clevelands first Super Bowl victory. So now, the hypothetical questions is:

Would you prefer to defeat the Steelers once this season (thus preventing them from winning the division and getting a bye week) or to have draft success (assuming you will draft two players on the calibre of AJ Green/Andy Dalton by losing those divisional games, i.e. players you will not have access to should you win a game against the Steelers). You've already won too many games to hit the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Would you prefer to defeat the Steelers once this season (thus preventing them from winning the division and getting a bye week) or to have draft success (assuming you will draft two players on the calibre of AJ Green/Andy Dalton by losing those divisional games, i.e. players you will not have access to should you win a game against the Steelers). You've already won too many games to hit the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

We need to win, regardless of possible draft position. It's the only thing that matters to a young team, and should breed confidence.

I don't understand why fans get so wrapped up into the draft during the season. Maybe it's because we've had almost zero success since we got reborn in '99.

Bottom line is we'll draft between 5-12, and get Atlanta's pick somewhere around 20. I hope we don't trade the picks, we need players.

Right now, I WANT the Browns to win out, and at the very least, win our 2 remaining home games. Make Cleveland Stadium a place that opponents fear coming to.

Theres only one position that can single handily win games for you, and thats the quarterback. And seeing how I dont think will be drafting one in the first round, I would love to play spoiler. Maybe knock Little Jen out for the season, on a legal play of course. Harrison making a late hit on the sidelines and falling into Jen's knee would be ideal

Back in 2003, I wanted the Steelers to win their season finale against the Ravens and potentially spoil the Ratbirds post-season bid. Had the Steelers won the game, my team would've drafted after Buffalo and Ben Roethlisberger definately would have been on another team. The Steelers probably wouldn't have been to 3 Super Bowls should that victory have occurred over the Ravens.

The Browns have a chance to spoil play-off bids (more likely seeding) to either the Ravens and/or Steelers. The majority of you Brownies have a higher hatred passion for the Steelers than the city that stole your team and what should've been Clevelands first Super Bowl victory. So now, the hypothetical questions is:

This is stupid. Beat the Steelers and Ravens at all costs. Leave nothing. Let the draft fall where it may.

Zombo

Archived