THE BROWNS BOARD

Can The Browns Rise Up ?

David G

In recent years past, I seem to remember the browns to rise up to the challenge of the national televised games. Remember the Giants? 2007? What were some other recent nationally televised games and how did the Browns fare? I think that they will pull this one out. Cribbs gets his kickoff return. Hillis runs for a TD. And Little makes some big catches.

Browns defense will go ballistic on Ben. Sheard, Rubin & Taylor will take turns attacking him. Haden will get his pick-six. The Browns will play with all guts to bring this one home!

I love the positive attitude. With that said, I hate the prediction. I'd be happy if the Browns could show they do indeed have an offense and score 21 points offensively. Steelers 34-13

Goolie your Retarded...So let me get this right

Thomas a top 3 Left tackle can not start for the Steelers, Alex Mack a pro bowl center could not start anywhere on the steelers Offense line

Joe Haden- Cant start the steelers, Sheard and Talyor would be starting as well.

TJ Ward playing next to Troy P. I think they would like that

Dawson- I think they would like him.

Cribbs I think they would like him as well in Special teams where he belongs

Add Watson and Steinbach I think that is 9 plus 1 special teams starter, so 10 could start. For cris sake the steelers are good,but they are not all world the greatest ever. Goolie you like black and gold cock?? Thats what you sound like.

Remember Goolie You are a Browns fan. I think :)

That being said

Someone posted about our last 6 games, I said it before and I will say it again. This is the game I thought we would win. I said we would go 1-5 and our only win would be primetime tv against the Steelers, because its our only primetime game and they will play out of there minds like JAX did against the Ravens on Monday night football. The steelers play on prime time all the time, so they will not get as jacked up as the Browns will be.

last 4 weeks go like this

Win- 24-21 over Steelers last second field goal by Dawson

Lose to Cards 21-10 not even that close

Lose to Ravens- 31-10

Than the Steelers will kick our ass 38-9

5-11 than draft time...

In recent years past, I seem to remember the browns to rise up to the challenge of the national televised games. Remember the Giants? 2007? What were some other recent nationally televised games and how did the Browns fare? I think that they will pull this one out. Cribbs gets his kickoff return. Hillis runs for a TD. And Little makes some big catches.

I admire your optimism, and I'd love to see the Browns go down to that shit hole and seriously hurt their playoff chances! But in Heinz Field, on National tv trying to keep pace with the Ravens, and looking for a playoff spot... well... let's just say while I hope for the best, I think it's going to be ugly! :(

If this was a different 4 - 8 team....maybe last year's team...I would say there could be some hope for an upset. This particular team, however, has no chance. You have a coach who does not have a clue, calling plays with a QB who would be pretty good in the right situation, but doesn't have the ability to carry a team. You also have only maybe 5 or 6 players who actually give a crap whether they win or not. There have been no reasons to have hope, at this point. The team has been very lucky to win the games they have won. They should probably be 0 -12. In my opinion, they are the worst team in the NFL, and not so much because of lack of talent. This, once proud NFL franchise has been reduced to the unquestionable worst franchise in the NFL. The organization is an embarrassment to the city of Cleveland, and the fans of the real Cleveland Browns. There was certainly more respect for the city, the fans, and the team in 1996, when there was no team. I've been patient for 12 seasons, and you would think we would have progressed in that amount of time. The fact is, the 1999 team would have a better chance against the Steelers. The Steelers are a good team, but not a great team. If they make it to the playoffs, they will be knocked out in the first round. They are well coached, discipined and the players have the desire to win. The only brief moment I have ever observed that desire in the Cleveland Browns was last season with Mangini as coach. In my opinion, Holmgren is a joke. He's not here to turn this team into a winner....he's here to hire his unqualified associates so they can all take advantage of the mentally challenged owner....all at the expense of the fans of the Cleveland Browns. Go ahead.....call me a fairweather fan. Maybe that's what I am...I just call things as I see them. Prediction: Steelers 34 Browns 20. Most of those 20 points will come in garbage time....Mccoy will be out of the game before half time. Seneca Wallace will have a little success moving the ball, due to a let down by The Steelers defense because they didn't really scout Wallace, and also due to the lopsided score early in the game. This will now start a QB controversy, and Wallace will start the rest of the games this season. No...I don't have a time machine, to go into the future......but I've seen this movie before.....many times.

Holmgren is a joke. He's not here to turn this team into a winner....he's here to hire his unqualified associates so they can all take advantage of the mentally challenged owner....all at the expense of the fans of the Cleveland Browns.

This. :angry: That became more evident to me about Holmgren when I heard him talking to that Seattle radio station, and referenced the Browns and their fans as "they" and "them" instead of "us" and "we." Just one last pay day before riding off into retirement. Granted Lerner inherited the team from his dad, who I feel if still was alive, then we wouldn't have this bullshit going on! If he hasn't gotten a clue by now, then he should sell the team to someone who is committed to winning, and restoring the Cleveland Browns great name! What is happening here is that they are becoming a mockery. And that my fellow Browns fans is a slap in our faces! Why the f*** did we fight so hard to keep our name, history, and colors?

I think we're going to beat the Steelers or Ravens, but it's not happening this week. They both are about a week or two from locking up playoff spots. I rarely miss steeler browns games but I really don't know if it's worth my money to go to a bar to watch them get dominated.

Archived