THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Will Start To Win

DawginIT

Read my signature. Its statistically harder to be this consistently bad than it is to be good. By accident

I honestly believe the Browns are on the way up. I know they aren't winning but you can't tell me that you or anyone really expected this game to be this competitive as long as it was. The defense had 3 takeaways and a goal line stand. The Browns need a good draft this year and I think they will get it. I'm more sick of all the negativity around this team than watching the team lose. I hate all of the people on this board that have nothing positive to say. I'd rather watch the Browns lose every game for the next decade than listen to morons bitch about them over the same time period. The coaches and management needs to become consistent for the team to be as well. Go Browns!

Yep, the original poster is quite correct on this! We will begin winning maybe as early as next season. Upon further reviewing the 2012 schedule it's quite possible that we could be 10-3 and on the way to a playoff berth... unfortunetly we will then see the world end on Dec 21 2012... or maybe just enough of a catastrophe that football doesn't resume until much later, this was the year to win it if we ever were... I'm KINDA only joking on this one.

But seriously though, this season was a setup for failure. We went into training camp with a handful of rookies straight out the draft and that's about it. We didn't bring in any big name guys like Nnamdi opposite Haden or even a guy to be a legit #1 or even a guy to contest for the spot. We pretty much just said we're gonna go to battle in our underwear and see where we're leaking at... weird assessment, I know...

But after this season I think we have a much better view of what we need. Our O-Line went to the trough when we lost Eric and left just Joe and Mack to hold down the line with a bunch of replacements. We need to shore up the line and fix the right side protection issues. We need a solid high draft pick here for a FRANCHISE RT... also possibly a legit starter in FA.

We need a FB that can CREATE a hole and NOT fill it up... We had a very legit FB in Vickers and I'd say that this team this year finishes with Pitts record if we kept Vickers here. Our running game has suffered tremendously without a big heavy hitting FB leading the way. How many times this season I've seen Owen get leveled at the line, had that been Vickers that's a hole you could drive a bus through. The FO gets a A for the Draft but an F- for letting this guy slip away in FA.

Jury's still out on if Little can be a complimentary #2 because of the drops, MAN- I couldn't wait to see this guy become the number 1- WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM! There has been way too many dropped balls in Cleveland these last few years, C'MON! I've not given up on Little but he gotta show us something he looked slow thus far, and a slow WR that has catching issues don't usually last long in the NFL. They should have help out there and that's on the FO as well, I'm not a fan of them NOT getting them some playmakers this past OS. We may have to spring to get a ball-catching-magnet this next season.

That's just on Offense...

On Defense we just need a ton more! I like our interior on the D-Line... better yet I love our interior! And Jabaal is just a BEAST! I love the CrAzY vertical eye stuff, reminds me of some kind of freakishly athletic killer clown/black panther monster type thingy! :huh:

We could use another beast opposite Sheard and the D-Line is set for years to come! Where we need help at is in the secondary! We either need a Shutdown corner since Haden is making me question his #1 status, or a Game-changing FS. We need a guy that WR don't want to go near. With Ward out for so long I've almost forgotten what it's like to have him in there! Ya know, that may be Haden's problem lately, he needs Ward out there, they kind of feed off each other and it makes them better together. When Ward and Haden get another playmaker back there it will help.

We could have had Green or Petterson, Barry or any other number of Linebackers or playmakers that we've just missed on but the fact is that we just missed. We've done that a lot the passed few seasons... just missed, by inches sometimes. By a few seconds here or two beats of the heart there. We HAVE to hit a home run this next Off Season, we HAVE TO. We need to get some good talent and manage to keep the talent we do have here from escaping after the season. Heckert MUST FIND the players we need to succeed and compete in this division and in this league.

Holmgren must decide if he intends to continue on with his science experiment ala Patty Shurmur. I'm not saying he's not a head coach but he is overwhelmed as much as Mangini was when he had the FO and the Head Coach positions to deal with. What I am saying is that Shurmur IS NOT a good HC and an OC in one. He doesn't seem capable of getting the plays in fast enough and manage the entire game as a rookie HC. Not in this league anyways, maybe in college but not here in the pros. Holmgren must pull the plug altogether and hire another HC or at least get him a conscious OC to get the Offense going, it's horrible... Where's JORDAN CAMERON?!!? The guy quick and big- you gotta get him experience somehow- why not when we're 4-8?

Anyways, We should start winning next season and find the playoffs, with pretty much just as easy a schedule and an improved roster via Free Agency with mo' money to spend coupled with another solid draft, improved coaching staff and a group with some familiarity with each other... as long as the world doesn't end we'll be in the HUNT... I hope...

Last nights' game was as close as it was for one reason--the Steelers did everything (short of having Mendenhall run the wrong way to score FOR us)they could to lose the game. 3 turnovers, ball inside he 5 TWICE--and all we can muster is a field goal?

Ben playing on 1 leg and we allow him to calmly stand in the pocket and wait for someone (or everyone) to get open.

I saw NOTHING to be encouraged over.

Last nights' game was as close as it was for one reason--the Steelers did everything (short of having Mendenhall run the wrong way to score FOR us)they could to lose the game. 3 turnovers, ball inside he 5 TWICE--and all we can muster is a field goal?

Ben playing on 1 leg and we allow him to calmly stand in the pocket and wait for someone (or everyone) to get open.

I saw NOTHING to be encouraged over.

Turnovers happen, even to the good teams.

I think these Thursday games are a bad idea. It's great for fans, but for the players, it's got to be rough.

little has got bitten by the bitch bug that every player on the O has right now. our receivers are playing dumb and slow. (the offensive scheme isn't helping).

our defensive tough guys taylor sheard and rubin should corner these dudes and put the fear of god in them telling them they better start producing or they'll start getting lumps....without the helmets on.

Archived