THE BROWNS BOARD

Any Problems With This?

Stlcrtn01

ROTFLMAO at this apologist.

See, if the Browns do it, it is okay.

HArrison's hit was a SWEET, sweet hit and one for the higlight films, This is a good teaching video on proper technique and how to make a QB your bitch.

Guaranteed Colt will forever refer to Harrison as MISTER HARRISON.

You really cannot see the difference between this and harrisons hit on the colt? You are just here to keep the board entertaining since the browns suck to watch and the draft isn't coming up yet. It is working.

And I probably still can't convince some of you idiots even with this photo EVIDENCE. There is a difference between lead with the crown of your helmet and leading with your shoulder..........

Bring me some evidence that Harrisons hit was legal. Bet you can't do it.

Harrisons intentional crown to faceguard hit was a good clean hit and should be legal in my book colt wasnt in a vulnerable position as much as he wasnt looking out for himself and paid a heavy price, however the whole cover up crap that shurmur and crew are now trying to pull off about not knowing colt was concussed after being hit so hard and un-evaded crown to facemask by harrison the leagues premier take your head off hitman is another story and i dont believe anyone is fool enough to buy it..

The truth is they did not want a QB controversy after wallace either won the game or at least made the team look offensively viable, who in the hell puts a guy let alone a QB back in the game 2 plays after taking a brutal helmet to helmet from mister harrison?

Did they not know he was hit?

This coaches dick maneuver not only costed us any chance of winning but put some very serious risk on colt mccoys future health in the process and i hope the league screws lerner, shurmur and holmgren where the sun dont shine and then bends them over again just for the fun of it..

Colt is as tuff as nails and i like the kid but i have seen enough to know he is not the guy, shurmur is not a legit head coach and this regime is not the answer..

This coach is shit and the regime who gave this halfwit the job is shit and the owner is shit for not intervening in advance for the 3 years of hell browns fans will have to endure before starting anew with a new regime and another false hope.

The NFL has no business fining Harrison for this hit.

The dipshit that thinks TJ Ward's shoulder pad hit was less violent is a nincomoop. I would much rather get my peach hit by a helmet, because the hitters head is connected to his nice, flexible neck, as opposed to a shoulder which can hit with a TON more foce.

But hey, you pole-smokers go try it yourself. GO put on a helmet and start bashing things with your head, come back and tell me how much damage you do.

This is why law enforcement agents always bust doors open with their head and not their shoulders, because the head is so much more effective. ( That's sarcasm for you sissies)

Harrison is a Chuck Bednarik throwback.

Would you rather get headbutted in the face, or shoulder-checked? If you say headbutted you're a liar and an idiot as well as being a complete blowhard.

Just posted this in the other thread

I am not saying Harrison does not need to learn how to not lead with his helmet.

Why the Browns Fans would love to have him

1. Played at Kent State

2. He grew up in Akron, and his favorite NFL team was the Cleveland Browns, who played only 40 miles from his house

3. Harrison went undrafted in the 2002 NFL draft

4. Harrison spent two years on and off the practice squad for the Steelers, being released three times, and was also briefly on the active roster towards the end of the 2002 season, playing only special teams

5. four-time Pro Bowl selection

6. Add a defense player of the yr award and 2 Super Bowls

The funny thing is, is the this guy went to hell and back to play in the NFL. You can thank the Cleveland Browns because it was the Browns who stated his first start because of this: Throughout the 2004 season, Harrison mostly played on special teams and at linebacker with occasional reps at defensive end. His first career start came against his hometown Cleveland Browns in Cleveland on November 14 after teammate Joey Porter and Browns running back William Green were ejected for fighting during the pregame warm-ups. Harrison had a good game statistically in the Steelers' 24–10 victory against their hated rival.

Yep this is a guy nobody would want on the Browns..Went undrafted, got cut three times, fav team growing up was the Browns, bust his ass to play in the NFL, becomes a Defense player of the year, 4 time pro bowler, 2 SB champ.

Yes he needs to stop leading with his helmet, the only thing that I am pissed about is that he didnt hit Mccoy hard enough to keep it out of the game, If he does we win the game with Wallace as QB....

I would much rather get my peach hit by a helmet, because the hitters head is connected to his nice, flexible neck, as opposed to a shoulder which can hit with a TON more foce.

[citation needed]

Time to drop some knowledge on your ass. Seeing as Force=mass*acceleration and momentum=mass*velocity, and I'm guessing the difference in the Young's modulus between a football helmet is negligible, the force felt between getting hit by a helmet and getting hit by a shoulder pad is going to be the same. There isn't really much of a difference on one side of the equation once you start taking into account conservation of mass and momentum (what this means is that Harrison will exert the same force no matter what he leads with).

The biggest difference between the two hits is going to be the location of the hit. If you lead with your shoulder, you're much less likely to hit someone square on the head, just due to the fact that your shoulder is going to be lower; if you lead with your head, helmet-to-helmet becomes wayyyy more likely. Anyways, let's take a look at the difference between getting hit in the head and getting hit in the chest. Your center of mass is your belly button, your chest is closer to your belly button, if you are Colt McCoy, and you get hit in the chest, you're contributing more kinetic energy to the collision because more of your mass is going into it. So let's take a look at this from the standpoint of conservation of energy, assuming an inelastic collision.

(1/2)(Harrison's mass)(-Harrison's velocity)2 + (1/2)(Mccoy's mass)(McCoy's velocity)2 = (1/2)(Harrison + McCoy's mass)(final velocity)2

McCoy is moving slower and weighs less than Harrison. If he gets hit in the chest, most all of Colt's kinetic energy is going to contribute to the equation, and it'd result in him falling back quite a bit slower. What happens instead, is that McCoy gets hit in the face, and unlike Harrison, his spine isn't lined up to absorb the force. Since his neck and his torso are between his head and center of mass, and there is a point of rotation in the neck, the only mass that McCoy will contribute to this collision will be the mass of his head and helmet. Since they're going in opposite directions, and McCoy's mass contributed is at least a factor of 10 smaller than if he got hit in the chest, the final velocity after the contact will be much greater. This is where impulse, change in momentum over time comes into play. The impulse his head feels on this hit is astronomical, and when his neck reaches the point where it can't rotate anymore, the impulse changes direction, and you're left with whiplash. This is why concussions happen. This is why helmet to helmet should be illegal.

I used to be of the opinion that it was part of the No Fun League's skirt rules, but the science behind it shows that it's no good, and it's something I can't condone.

SCIENCE, BITCHES.

[citation needed]

SCIENCE, BITCHES.

actually V, NFL coaches were way ahead of you in noting this. It's much less effort to hit an opposing player (high) or (low) away from his center of mass. Why you almost universally see a 180 pound CB try to take a 220 pound RB down by chopping at his legs.

actually V, NFL coaches were way ahead of you in noting this. It's much less effort to hit an opposing player (high) or (low) away from his center of mass. Why you almost universally see a 180 pound CB try to take a 220 pound RB down by chopping at his legs.

Man, I never understood that, either. I was 120 pounds and was playing corner on scout D in high school. I would steer clear of hitting low, there's a lot of momentum in a knee/thigh in a sprint. Getting hit in the helmet with that is dangerous. Since everyone was bigger than me, I'd slow em down as much as I could by putting my torso into theirs, then I'd use their leftover momentum, lean back and pull em down with me. Much safer for me, and they were less likely to break the tackle.

NVM I found it. That's sick and looks intentional as hell. I have always and always will harrison. What a jerk. WATCH his head as he goes in for the kill. (not tackle, the dude is trying to kill)

Archived