THE BROWNS BOARD

Bold Predictions This Offseason

tampadawgs

Well, with the season pretty much over. What do you think the Browns will do from the front office to draft to Free agents to coaches. This is what I think will happen

1. Special Teams Coach Fired, he will be the fall guy

2. Shurmer Stays

3. With RG3 off the board the Browns take Richerson and with there second pick in the first they take Floyd

4. We look into Fylnn from Green Bay but the Redskins over pay for him and Colt comes back as QB :(

5. We over pay for Mario Manningham (NYG)

6. We sign Anthony Spencer Linebacker from Dallas and we sign Brandon Carr (KC)

7. DQ we tag him

8. Cribbs is traded for a third round pick, then with the pick we draft LaMichael James, RB, Oregon. James will become our third down back and KO and Punt returner. Cribbs main reason getting dealt is his mouth

9. back to the second round Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina and are own pick in the third is Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

10. Holgrem and Heckert here the fans with the offense so they over hall the whole offense and bring in a ton of playmaker. They sell us on now that Colt has all these weapons this is the year!!! They sign mainly Defense free agents.

Well, with the season pretty much over. What do you think the Browns will do from the front office to draft to Free agents to coaches. This is what I think will happen

2. Shurmer Stays

3. With RG3 off the board the Browns take Richerson and with there second pick in the first they take Floyd

4. We look into Fylnn from Green Bay but the Redskins over pay for him and Colt comes back as QB :(

7. DQ we tag him

8. Cribbs is traded for a third round pick, then with the pick we draft LaMichael James, RB, Oregon. James will become our third down back and KO and Punt returner. Cribbs main reason getting dealt is his mouth

9. back to the second round Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina and are own pick in the third is Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

10. Holgrem and Heckert here the fans with the offense so they over hall the whole offense and bring in a ton of playmaker. They sell us on now that Colt has all these weapons this is the year!!! They sign mainly Defense free agents.

1. Don't see happening after one season. Maybe next year.

2. Thats not bold. Thats inevitable.

3. We have no interest in a QB anyways and 90% of mock drafts have us picking Richardson, so not bold.

4. We don't look into any quarterbacks. Sorry you have a problem with Colt but he is staying. He has one year left to prove himself.

5. False. Manningham isn't going anywhere especially on that depleted WR core of the Giants.

6. I guess? Those are a few no namers.

7. We sign D'Qwell to a long term deal. Tag on Dawson once again.

8. Cribbs is staying until next year. We may draft James, so this is the first one you got half right on.

9. No idea about this one.

10. You spelled "hear" wrong. We draft Alshon Jefferys or Justin Blackmon, Little becomes an excellent X receiver, and MoMass becomes a quality slot man. Possibly adding a free agent in the offseason but unlikely.

Your predictions aren't bold, they are just wrong. Sorry for my honesty.

Everyone seems to want us to pick LaMichael James in the 3rd round, but we shouldn't forget about other RBs. If we don't get Richardson, I would want us to look at David Wilson (VT) or Bernard Pierce (Temple) too.

Here are some Bernard Pierce highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEgLQdGi7fM

3. We have no interest in a QB anyways and 90% of mock drafts have us picking Richardson, so not bold.

4. We don't look into any quarterbacks. Sorry you have a problem with Colt but he is staying. He has one year left to prove himself.

5. False. Manningham isn't going anywhere especially on that depleted WR core of the Giants.

8. Cribbs is staying until next year. We may draft James, so this is the first one you got half right on.

10. You spelled "hear" wrong. We draft Alshon Jefferys or Justin Blackmon, Little becomes an excellent X receiver, and MoMass becomes a quality slot man. Possibly adding a free agent in the offseason but unlikely.

I agree for the most part. I also like norwood out of the slot on point #10

1. Special Teams Coach Fired, he will be the fall guy He is not a fall guy if he deserves it. He deserves it.

2. Shurmer Stays ZZZZSSNorkkk. Oh, I'm sorry, I fell asleep listend to one of Shurmur's press conferences.

See some of my prior posts where several mock drafts had the Browns doing just that.

Of course Colt is back. The only way he isn't is if, indeed, the Browns make a splash in the 1st round and take an RGIII or a Barkley....and I don't think that Holmgen and Shurmur think RGIII is a WCO guy. And those guys will NOT deviate from that philosophy. I, on the other hand think that Barkley is just another overated USC QB, like Palmer, Sanchez, Leinert, etc. So, no QB this year for me (unless we want to take Tom Brady II in the 6th round....and good luck figuring out whom that might be)

5. We over pay for Mario Manningham (NYG) I think they will go for their WR in the draft, not FA

6. We sign Anthony Spencer Linebacker from Dallas and we sign Brandon Carr (KC) I don't know them well enough....but they cannot be worse than the LBs we have now, can they? Go for it. Get one LB in FA and one in the draft

7. DQ we tag him...or bag him for all the good he is.

8. Cribbs is traded for a third round pick, then with the pick we draft LaMichael James, RB, Oregon. James will become our third down back and KO and Punt returner. Cribbs main reason getting dealt is his mouth. You won't get a 3rd round pick for Cribbs....but I do like the thought of getting James. In the third round would be good. This team needs a scatback.

9. back to the second round Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina and are own pick in the third is Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington . We certainly need someone to replace Sheldon Brown. I would prefer Chase Minniefield....just for old time sakes.....but I will take anyone competent.

The one other thing I think is possible...but not really bold, is to get Mike Sherman as their OC. God knows if they are going to continue this WCO, that Shurmur will need help. Sherman is perfect because: a. He is out of work now, having just been fired from Tex. A&M. B. He is a Holmgren disciple/friend C. He has considerable experience in the WCO as both an OC and HC for the Packers D. That experience has been successful. He had a very good record as HC of the Pack....and I believe he was OC when the Pack won the SB with Holmgren and Favre.....but, you want to know what would really be bold:

Bring in Brett Favre as like and assistant OC, or a QB coach, or something. Though I am not sure that is what Favre wants to do with his life.

Holmgren will fire Heckert. He has no other choice. 4 - 12, someone has to go, and it isn't going to be Shurmur.

The Browns will draft a bunch of non skilled players. The Browns will go 2 - 14 +/- 1 win, SHurmur and Holmgren BOTH get the ax.

Why, Ghoolie are you totally oblivious to reality. Heckert AIN'T going anywhere. Shurmur AIN'T going anywhere. Holmgren ain't going anywhere.

The Special teams coach might go. Should go.

Colt might be the scapegoat that could go...depends on if they are in position to draft a QB that they fall in love with, Barkley or RGIII.

But, as I said, the key may not be who goes....but who comes....an OC.....like a Mike Sherman.

THAT may very well be the response to the criticism about this team's offense. It is an appropriate response.

You're a douchebag for no reason, sorry for my honesty.

The ST coach very likely will be fired, one year makes absolutely no difference for a coaching position that low on the totem pole.

I'm sure Holmgren has had his eye on Flynn since coming to Cleveland, honestly. Colt's never really been positively endorsed by this regime, and Holmgren has made it clear he's not going to be complacent in our QB situation.

I believe we get Richardson in the draft. I don't know how I feel about this. I do not believe he should be in the Heisman race.

I also believe we overpay for an older WR, as well as draft one early.

Brandon Carr was the talk of the later rounds in the 2008 draft because he put up good numbers and was on teams radars early on even though he played at the DII level. He's young and puts up decent numbers. He's a solid #2.

Anthony Spencer was a first round draft pick. If you haven't heard of him, it's understandable. He's not that big of a star player in Madden, it's easy to see why he's flown under your radar.

DQ probably won't get the deal he's looking for.

Cribbs doesn't have much trade value. He won't get traded. His return game is done for us, however and with the acquisition of a few WR's he will lose whatever value he has to this current regime...which sadly isn't much. Honestly, I'd rather see him traded than get that kind of treatment, but there are no loyalties in business.

Stephon Gilmore is not that good. Living in South Carolina, I've had the pleasure of watching him the last couple years...nothing special about him. Would have been a great WildDawg QB for S.Car, and initially I believe that's what made him so appealing to the folks in Columbia.

Blackmon is the only real guarantee of the WR corps. Alshon is large and fast, but there have been some off the field issues squandered in the media, and supposedly he doesn't like to practice. Little won't be an excellent X receiver unless he learns how to concentrate, which I expect he will. MoMass will split time with Evan Moore at slot, unless Watson retires. I don't know the terms of Watson's contract, but he could also be released or traded.

I kind of replied to both the OP and TCS in one post. Oh well.

Browns need a wideout

Jeffrey or Blackmon will wear a browns uniform next season

Guaranteed

And if it's Jeffrey then by the 3rd game be prepared for everyone to be screaming about how we drafted another slow ass WR with zero route running ability. The only good WR in the first round this year is Blackmon and you can take that to the bank.

Let's just keep this conversation alive my friend. This happens each and every year, you guys are so sure I am off base, then BOOM the teams does exactly as I predict.

What you don't see, that I do see, is the Browns getting the wors ass kickings yet in teh final 3 weeks. The fans will want someone's head.

Hey, who would have bet that the Jews (responsible for killing Christ) would have chosen Barabbas to live, over Jesus?

Heckert is the only guy who CAN be fired and not cause Holmgren to look like a fool.

Trsut me, at 4 -12, Heckert is gone.

Don't forget Holmgren hired Heckert too. Cleveland fans aren't as dense as you think. I can guarantee you the preference would be to can Shurmur ahead of Heckert. Guess what? Romeo Crennell will be available again in 2012. :)

If RG3 is on the board he will be a Cleveland Brown, and I really hope that happens.

I know some will be upset we do not take a Offense linemen with our first pick and a kicker with our second. You know the Browns could really use our second round pick on a long snapper since we fired the other one we had. Then we could go place holder with our third....LOL I think somebody in Cleveland would car bomb H&H while driving away from the draft....

1.I say bring in a play making WR via FA. For the most part it takes to long for a WR to really develop into a consistent threat. There are very good WRs out there that could be had. I say try and grab DeSean Jackson his play making out weighs him being a "cancer" and up until this year I never heard of him being a "cancer". If we can't get him Colston, Steve Johnson, DBowe, or Manningham are nice options. And whoever said Manningham won't leave the Giants because of there "depleated" WRs obviously is clueless as to how second yr WR Victor Cruz is doing and they still also have Nicks who is a beast. Manningham is clearly the third WR and would happily leave to become a 1 or 2 ... he may however think twice about coming here because we suck but that will be the case with any FA.

2.We need to grab a RT ... we should do that via free agency. No need to waste a pick here.

3. If we address WR with a big name WR via free agency I do not want them to waste a early pick on one. I would be fine with DJax/Colston/DBowe along with Little, MoMass, Norwood, and Cribbs. With our first rounders I would like to draft 2 of the following ... DE/LB/CB. In Round 2 and 3 we add ... RB/CB/WR

4. We definitly need to add a OC. I also think it will be Mike Sherman.

5.In free agency we need to add a LBer, CB, and a DE regardless if we draft those positions because we are so thin at all of them. I am also all for trying Sheldon Brown at FS. Robert Mathis or Calais Campbell would be some nice Ends if we could get them. I would also be fine with trading for Osi if the Giants look to move him (Cribbs for Osi??)Potential CBs I would like to see would be Carlos Rogers, BRandon Carr or Cortland Finnigan.

6. We need to resign DQ and I wouldn't hate resigning Hillis if he is ok with A. not taking a long contract for a shitload of money and B. is ok with not being a featured back. I like him as a back to catch some passes out of the backfield and for short yardage.

I would idealy like our team to look like this ...

QB McCoy/Senaca/4th+ project QB

RB 3rd round Lamicael James / Hillis / Hardesty

WR1 Desean Jackson

WR2 Little

WR3 MoMass

WR4 Norwood

WR5 Cribbs

TE Moore / Watson / Cameron

OT JT

OG Steiny

C Mack

OG Pinkston

OT Free agent ???

Defense

DE FA/trade Mathis or OSi or 2nd rd pick

DT Rubin

DT Taylor

DE Sheard

OLB 1a pick

MLB DQ

OLB Gocong/Fujita

CB FA Finnigan/Rogers

CB Haden

DB 1b Minnifield??

DB Skrine

SS Ward

FA Brown

2. Shurmer Stays

7. DQ we tag him

Well Richardson has stated that he wants to return to school so I don't think we get so lucky with that. Floyd has a high probability of ending up in Cleveland. They sign DQ to a 3-year deal. McCoy stays as starter but they possible draft a project player in a later round to put pressure on McCoy and have a plan B in case he tanks. Cribbs may or may not talk his way out of Cleveland.

Let's just keep this conversation alive my friend. This happens each and every year, you guys are so sure I am off base, then BOOM the teams does exactly as I predict.

What you don't see, that I do see, is the Browns getting the wors ass kickings yet in teh final 3 weeks. The fans will want someone's head.

Hey, who would have bet that the Jews (responsible for killing Christ) would have chosen Barabbas to live, over Jesus?

Heckert is the only guy who CAN be fired and not cause Holmgren to look like a fool.

Bullshit Ghoolie, you have always been WRONG!...need I remind you Kellen Winslow Jr. is still playing?

And if it's Jeffrey then by the 3rd game be prepared for everyone to be screaming about how we drafted another slow ass WR with zero route running ability. The only good WR in the first round this year is Blackmon and you can take that to the bank.

The browns don't need any burners. They have that in cribbs

A west coast offense needs a guy who is big and strong and can catch balls over the middle and take the inevitable hit afterwards. They need a guy who can win jump balls and catches everything thrown in his area

Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey can both do that

The browns don't need any burners. They have that in cribbs

A west coast offense needs a guy who is big and strong and can catch balls over the middle and take the inevitable hit afterwards. They need a guy who can win jump balls and catches everything thrown in his area

Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey can both do that

Cribbs isn't as fast as he once was. He hasn't had a touchdown return in how long? That's not all speed, but it's a major factor. The guy is getting older and he's not like he used to be.

Cribbs isn't as fast as he once was. He hasn't had a touchdown return in how long? That's not all speed, but it's a major factor. The guy is getting older and he's not like he used to be.

Well idk if you know this or not...the kickoffs were moved up so there has been a record number of touchbacks this season

Cribbs was really never as good a punt returner as he was kick returner because it's more about quickness than overall speed

If you don't think cribs is fast then Ur not too bright

And I told you that I would bet you $100.00 that he ain't.

Holmgren is getting 10 million reasons why he does not have to worry about looking like a fool.

1.I say bring in a play making WR via FA. For the most part it takes to long for a WR to really develop into a consistent threat. There are very good WRs out there that could be had. I say try and grab DeSean Jackson his play making out weighs him being a "cancer" and up until this year I never heard of him being a "cancer". If we can't get him Colston, Steve Johnson, DBowe, or Manningham are nice options. And whoever said Manningham won't leave the Giants because of there "depleated" WRs obviously is clueless as to how second yr WR Victor Cruz is doing and they still also have Nicks who is a beast. Manningham is clearly the third WR and would happily leave to become a 1 or 2 ... he may however think twice about coming here because we suck but that will be the case with any FA.

2.We need to grab a RT ... we should do that via free agency. No need to waste a pick here.

3. If we address WR with a big name WR via free agency I do not want them to waste a early pick on one. I would be fine with DJax/Colston/DBowe along with Little, MoMass, Norwood, and Cribbs. With our first rounders I would like to draft 2 of the following ... DE/LB/CB. In Round 2 and 3 we add ... RB/CB/WR

4. We definitly need to add a OC. I also think it will be Mike Sherman.

5.In free agency we need to add a LBer, CB, and a DE regardless if we draft those positions because we are so thin at all of them. I am also all for trying Sheldon Brown at FS. Robert Mathis or Calais Campbell would be some nice Ends if we could get them. I would also be fine with trading for Osi if the Giants look to move him (Cribbs for Osi??)Potential CBs I would like to see would be Carlos Rogers, BRandon Carr or Cortland Finnigan.

6. We need to resign DQ and I wouldn't hate resigning Hillis if he is ok with A. not taking a long contract for a shitload of money and B. is ok with not being a featured back. I like him as a back to catch some passes out of the backfield and for short yardage.

I would idealy like our team to look like this ...

QB McCoy/Senaca/4th+ project QB

RB 3rd round Lamicael James / Hillis / Hardesty

WR1 Desean Jackson

WR2 Little

WR3 MoMass

WR4 Norwood

WR5 Cribbs

TE Moore / Watson / Cameron

OT JT

OG Steiny

C Mack

OG Pinkston

OT Free agent ???

Defense

DE FA/trade Mathis or OSi or 2nd rd pick

DT Rubin

DT Taylor

DE Sheard

OLB 1a pick

MLB DQ

OLB Gocong/Fujita

CB FA Finnigan/Rogers

CB Haden

DB 1b Minnifield??

DB Skrine

SS Ward

FA Brown

The Browns will likely get 3 players in the Top 40....so that high second round pick should pretty much become an immediate starter as well.

So, who do you think they could get?

The Browns will likely get 3 players in the Top 40....so that high second round pick should pretty much become an immediate starter as well.

So, who do you think they could get?

Gipper,

It really depends on what they do in free agency. They honestly have a lot of holes and we have a very young team. We need to bring in solid vets via free agency IMO. We can't fill all of our needs in one draft. We need some solid vets in there prime. It also depends a lot on what we do with the QB position. Do we build around Colt? or do we draft someone? Sign a guy like Flynn??

I know this ... we need playmakers on offense and we have a solid D.

My thinking is to sign a WR rather then draft one. There is an abundance of good FA WR's. We can just sign a guy (or 2) we already know can play in this league instead of drafting a guy who may not pan out. I just think it is our biggest hole why mess around with a crap shoot when you can sign a sure thing.

Plus with the defense being solid I say lets put it over the top. Lets go out an use 3 top picks on defensive players and lay down the foundation for an elite defense that can win games on its own. An OLB, CB, and DE can go a really long way on this team. Also drafting a CB could potentially fill 2 holes as we could potentially fill our FS spot with Sheldon Brown until we can find a stud FS in the 2013 draft.

I would love for them to offer the Giants MoMass or Cribbs for Osi ... although I can not see the Giants being dumb enough to do either of those deals.

Gipper,

It really depends on what they do in free agency.

Well, naturally. Everything we do here in espousing what we think the Browns should do personell wise is purely speculative and is dependent on other factore....like who they pick up in FA etc.

They honestly have a lot of holes and we have a very young team. We need to bring in solid vets via free agency IMO. We can't fill all of our needs in one draft. We need some solid vets in there prime. It also depends a lot on what we do with the QB position. Do we build around Colt? or do we draft someone? Sign a guy like Flynn??

I know this ... we need playmakers on offense and we have a solid D.

My thinking is to sign a WR rather then draft one. There is an abundance of good FA WR's. We can just sign a guy (or 2) we already know can play in this league instead of drafting a guy who may not pan out. I just think it is our biggest hole why mess around with a crap shoot when you can sign a sure thing.

Plus with the defense being solid I say lets put it over the top.

(after getting run over regularly, I am not so sure how solid it is)

Lets go out an use 3 top picks on defensive players and lay down the foundation for an elite defense that can win games on its own. An OLB, CB, and DE can go a really long way on this team. Also drafting a CB could potentially fill 2 holes as we could potentially fill our FS spot with Sheldon Brown until we can find a stud FS in the 2013 draft.

I personally don't have a problem with that strategy....if they indeed do get some offensive playmakers in FA.

I would love for them to offer the Giants MoMass or Cribbs for Osi ... although I can not see the Giants being dumb enough to do either of those deals.

No shit?

Archived