THE BROWNS BOARD

Harrison Gets One Game Suspension

kamac19

I'm not going to call Harrison a "Dirty Player", However, he refuses to modify the way he plays and it has lead to concussions on multiple players. Concussions are apart of football, but not when they can be avoided as in the case of Thursday night. This suspension will hopefully lead to better decisions by Harrison. Furthermore, I don't want to hear Pittsburgh fans bitch about this suspension, as they are the same fans concerned about their beloved, Sidney Crosby,

hope ape boy ain't suspended for cleveland game. shurmur doesn't have a hair on his ass if he doesn't

put bullseye on this shtbirds back if he plays. Maybe then we could see some intensity from this team (offense).

A message needs to be sent while salvaging some positive from this colossal goat fkuc of a season.

as far as i am concerned, anything less than a comatose, intubated roid monk wheeled from CBS will be a disappointment.

Goddell blows.

Harrison is a stud and I would love to have him on the Browns team.

He is good player, but how many games would we have him for with all his suspensions? Let the Squibs pay him for not playing...though I guess when you are under suspension you don't get paid.

Does that money go back to the team, or to charity?

If charity, perhaps it could go to victims of pit bull attacks?

WTF? Richard Seymore punches a man in the mouth AFTER the whistle, only get's a $30,000 fine, yet you want to "ban" James for life for a clean hit???? This is exactly why Modell moved your team....he was tired of smelling all the pu$$y coming from Cleveland.

So? Everything negative you think about the Browns/Steelers rivalry is to be prefaced by "this is why Modell moved your team"....even though clearly you know that had nothing to do with it?

Modell tried to move the team because he was given a cash payment of $75 million dollars if he would do so.

The End.

So quit being so stupidly intellectually dishonest....or downright silly about that.

And yes, the poster that said that Harrison should be banned for life is also being downright silly. Obviously he said what he said in order to procure some mindless, blubbering, ignorant reaction on the part of one of your ilk.

Congratulations. You were suckered into his bait. How does it feel to be hooked by his chum?

Yay! All the whining finally paid off!

Now let's see the fair thing, and have the Cleveland guy who clubbed Ben in the head get suspended, too.

A. You still have to show us where that happenned. Like I said, I just don't recall it. But I am certainly willing to be fair and review it.

B. Hitting a QB in the helmet is a personal foul. If it happened as blatantly as you say, it should have been a penalty....but then your issue is with the ref that didn't see it or didn't call it, not us.

C. Clearly however, you haven't figured out however that the league takes a helmet to helmet hit more seriously than a hit to the head by the hand. Just like in law which sees the use of a gun as more serious that use of a rolling pin to commit a crime, the NFL sees using the crown of the helmet as more serious than the hand. The one gets punished far more severely than the other. C'est la vie..

Now THAT'S something to be proud of, huh?

I'll bet you two share the same taste in mini-skirts, too.

And I bet you love the taste of Big Gay Ben in your mouth...get out of here you stupid punk.

And yes, the poster that said that Harrison should be banned for life is also being downright silly. Obviously he said what he said in order to procure some mindless, blubbering, ignorant reaction on the part of one of your ilk.

Congratulations. You were suckered into his bait. How does it feel to be hooked by his chum?

:ph34r:

You're a little behind the curve, dude. I already named the play and discussed on the other thread. Feel free to go back and review.

But thanks again for proving my point by STILL not having any idea what I'm talking about.

Yes, I saw that. I READ your posts and heard your position. But I still didn't see the play. Post the video or a link to it.

Like I said, I am NOT willing to accept your characterization of it on faith.

I would prefer to weigh the evidence myself, and the only evidence I have so far is:

A. On your side: what you say

B. On the other side: the fact that the refs didn't call anything and that the league hasn't said anything.

A trier of fact is permitted to take into account the credibility of the witness when weighing evidence. Sorry, but your credibility doesn't stand up to the credibility of the league and its refs. Ergo, you have a heavy burden of proof to countervale the opposing evidence.

Bring us the visual evidence, the smoking gun if you will, or else stfu and have a seat on the bench in the hallway.

And FYI, I have tried to do your job for you by looking for the play on youtube, but couldn't find it.

Harrison didn't deserve a suspension, either did Suh.

Suh deserved to be kicked out of game and a fine.

Harrison's was a penalty , maybe a fine.

It's football. Shit happens. Quit suspending football players for playing football and let the other team seek revenge old school style.

No one wants head injuries, that's why its a penalty. Suspending players is just grandstanding by the league. If they really care about head injuries they would take better care of those retired players who are struggling from so many concussions.

Z

BS.

Fines don't work. Look up how many times Harrison the gay sheepshotter ignored fines.

Suspensions mean that crime doesn't pay.

Otherwise, the squeelers fo can pay Harrisons fines and give him a raise - cheapshots that don't belong

in football are how the squeelers win close games, or big playoff games that they figure they will lose.

See Suh. Suspensions work. Fines? They don't care - they make plenty of huge enough salaries. But suspensions

make the team think that maybe cheapshot injuries are too costly to support. I would say that he should have been

suspended the next game, and the next Browns game. That should stop this permanent injury sickening crap.

It is NOT football.

Harrison didn't deserve a suspension, either did Suh.

Suh deserved to be kicked out of game and a fine.

Harrison's was a penalty , maybe a fine.

It's football. Shit happens. Quit suspending football players for playing football and let the other team seek revenge old school style.

No one wants head injuries, that's why its a penalty. Suspending players is just grandstanding by the league. If they really care about head injuries they would take better care of those retired players who are struggling from so many concussions.

Z

I disagree on Suh...it wasn't just the stomping of the dude's arm it was slamming his head into the turf twice before he stomped on his arm. All of that combined plus the guy has a history of issues was enough to suspend him. I agree on Harrison. As bad as the hit was, it happened in a milisecond. He deserved to be penalized and fined but a suspension seems to me like they are penalizing him for previous acts.

I disagree on Suh...it wasn't just the stomping of the dude's arm it was slamming his head into the turf twice before he stomped on his arm. All of that combined plus the guy has a history of issues was enough to suspend him. I agree on Harrison. As bad as the hit was, it happened in a milisecond. He deserved to be penalized and fined but a suspension seems to me like they are penalizing him for previous acts.

Say you're cruising along on the highway at 68mph in a 65mph, and you get pulled over. The cop runs your license and finds you had 4 previous citations for speed in the last two years, you're not gonna sit there and plead with the cop not to give you a ticket. Even though you're speed is borderline breaking the law, you are still breaking the law. He is most likely going to write you a ticket anyhow because of you're a repeat offender. That's the way I look at Harrison. To many, it may be borderline dirty, but his past, and his big mouth, got him a suspension. And I think one game is being generous. Which is why I can't understand all these estrogen filled Stooler fans keep whining about the suspension. Clearly they think their team should be able to win by any means necessary, while the rest of the league has to follow the rules. Pathetic.

Yes, I saw that. I READ your posts and heard your position. But I still didn't see the play. Post the video or a link to it.

Like I said, I am NOT willing to accept your characterization of it on faith.

I would prefer to weigh the evidence myself, and the only evidence I have so far is:

A. On your side: what you say

B. On the other side: the fact that the refs didn't call anything and that the league hasn't said anything.

A trier of fact is permitted to take into account the credibility of the witness when weighing evidence. Sorry, but your credibility doesn't stand up to the credibility of the league and its refs. Ergo, you have a heavy burden of proof to countervale the opposing evidence.

Bring us the visual evidence, the smoking gun if you will, or else stfu and have a seat on the bench in the hallway.

And FYI, I have tried to do your job for you by looking for the play on youtube, but couldn't find it.

Well, I had the DVR of the game, I did look it up- and Joe's being a whiny, crybaby apologist for St. Ben. Like every time he gets touched, it should be a penalty. Play happened in the first quarter. Decent rush up the middle, Phil Taylor swung his arm- I can argue inadvertently because he was being blocked at the time, and hit St. Ben in the head. 15 yard penalty. Any comments Mr. Joe Troll, because Phil has yet to be fined. If that was a "clubbing" Mr Troll- I give it about a 3 on the violence scale. Jimmy the Thug's hit on McCoy was conservatively about a 9, a nuclear blast. So really, get real. Just like your whiny "chop block" on St Ben. Our guy is falling down, and lands on St Ben's leg- happens about every game in the NFL to someone. Our other guy hits him- hey, St. James didn't see McCoy throw that ball either, right? Chop block, my ass. What would have been really cool is if our guy had drilled St. Ben square in the facemask instead of making a legitimate tackle, then you really would have had something to whine about. .....Check out 1:30....As to St Ben taking a lot of hits- he sure does- because that's how he plays- rather hang onto the ball until it's too late waiting for someone to break open and take a major shot, instead of throw the freaking ball away.

Apparently you didn't read it closely enough.

Your player was penalized 15 yards for unnecessary roughness. Good enough "evidence" for ya? Wow, it's like talking to brick walls here.

The... player... was... penalized.

Now what was that about "stfu"?

So.... Harrison...... was...... suspended....... Taylor...... has..... yet..... to..... be.... fined.....

We know Steeler fans are kind of thick, sort of like Harrison. All those helmet hits have apparently turned his mind to mush, and he can't figure it out you can't drill a guy in the head with the crown of your helmet anymore. Kind of like the NFL's drug abuse policy. He only got one game this time, next one will cost him 3, after that, he's gone for the season. Unless he winds up in the Daryl Stingley ward with a crushed cervical vertebrae first.

Pay Up!!! So James Harrison was suspended for one game, which means he will lose out on $215,000 in pay, for the illegal hit to Colt McCoy. To the average American it's like being fined $1,700. Is this enough? Not really.Like someone said, fines don't hurt millionaires. Hard hitting football is what it's all about but blaitent injury needs to be dealt with somehow.

There are always going to be injuries in this game without a doubt but if a player has proven time and time again to injure on purpose, he should be removed from the league. How many times is enough?

And IMO, the fines should go to players that have been injured or maybe programs that help the families of those injured either currently or past players. Just my opinion.

Apparently you didn't read it closely enough.

Your player was penalized 15 yards for unnecessary roughness. Good enough "evidence" for ya? Wow, it's like talking to brick walls here.

The... player... was... penalized.

Now what was that about "stfu"?

Well then what the fuck are you arguing about? He got the penalty he deserved. What are you unhappy about? That he didn't get fined or suspended? Maybe he is being fined. Those fines are often issued without much fanfare.

What he didn't do was to spear the QB with the crown of his helmet. That is what is getting Harrison...and others, in trouble. He just won't change....so he gets to sit.

Claims were made that McCoy stood up and threw the ball, which he did, and at that point Harrison tried to adjust. Well his adjustment landed his helmet into McCoy's chin, which ultimately rocked his world and could have done much more damage. If Harrison was actually adjusting, what exactly was he adjusting to ??.... a high hit into McCoy's head ? Well it worked and he damn near caused the barin injury that claims are made he is 'aware and working to correct'. The guys is a tough but underhanded player... and yes, there is a difference between tough and underhanded. He doesn't deserve as many chances as he gets to straighten his act out. He could give a rats rear about playing with no intent to injure, it's just a shame he gets away over and over with it, someone will eventually get paralyzed by his cheap crap. The guy deserves much worse. Let's slap his hand again and maybe he'll be good, right.

Archived