THE BROWNS BOARD

Where Is Carlton Mitchell ?

7moses7

I know he had been hurt for much of the season, but he should be better now. One factor may be simple: Shurmur's offense as it is constituted wants no part of anyone who may be fast and who can go long.

So, any talent Mitchell may have is wasted here.

Maybe that can change. Who knows.

IF he could catch or run routes he would play. Having a guy who can run a long route but just end up dropping the ball doesn't do anything. I don't understand why everyone sucks the dick of a WR who isn't good enough to at least get in for 10 plays during a game and have never seen him play. The guy doesn't play because he is a 6th round pick who isn't panning out, nothing else to talk about here.

IF he could catch or run routes he would play. Having a guy who can run a long route but just end up dropping the ball doesn't do anything. I don't understand why everyone sucks the dick of a WR who isn't good enough to at least get in for 10 plays during a game and have never seen him play. The guy doesn't play because he is a 6th round pick who isn't panning out, nothing else to talk about here.

Part of the problem is that we have not seen enough of him to know if he is any good or not.

Ergo, we have to rely on the judgment of the Browns coaching staff that he is not worthy of getting any playing time.

Only problem: who trusts the judgment of this coaching staff? Especially offensively.

That is why I say, the question of Mitchell's ability is still very much up in the air.

Part of the problem is that we have not seen enough of him to know if he is any good or not.

Ergo, we have to rely on the judgment of the Browns coaching staff that he is not worthy of getting any playing time.

Only problem: who trusts the judgment of this coaching staff? Especially offensively.

That is why I say, the question of Mitchell's ability is still very much up in the air.

Pointing out your lack of faith in the coaching staff has no basis on Mitchel's talent. A Retarded monkey could be able to judge the talent of WR's on a football team to the point where he has them in order from best to worst and Carlton Mitchel must be the worst or a bad group. The only reason people think he has talent is because when Shurmer and Heckert and asked about him they say what every coach and GM in the NFL says about bad players, "I think he has some talent and he really does have a unique skill set. He should be getting more playing time soon." It's the same line Vernon Gholston got in NY and the same line they kept feeding us about Robo. A coaches and GM's comments are not a basis of actual talent, the players ability to gain playing time and actually perform when in is. Great character, funny guy, but not talent.

Pointing out your lack of faith in the coaching staff has no basis on Mitchel's talent. A Retarded monkey could be able to judge the talent of WR's on a football team to the point where he has them in order from best to worst and Carlton Mitchel must be the worst or a bad group. The only reason people think he has talent is because when Shurmer and Heckert and asked about him they say what every coach and GM in the NFL says about bad players, "I think he has some talent and he really does have a unique skill set. He should be getting more playing time soon." It's the same line Vernon Gholston got in NY and the same line they kept feeding us about Robo. A coaches and GM's comments are not a basis of actual talent, the players ability to gain playing time and actually perform when in is. Great character, funny guy, but not talent.

yeah they make those comments because they don't want to look like asses for picking the guy in the draft.

If Marques Colston was drafted by the Cleveland Browns he would be out of the NFL by now. To say Carlton Mitchell sucks and give any pass to this coaching staff, would be naive.

Here is Carlton Mitchells scouting report coming out of college:

"A physical receiver in the mold of Denver's Brandon Marshall, Mitchell became the Big East Conference's premier deep threat as a junior, despite missing several games with an ankle sprain. He played in just 37 games for the Bulls, but he set both the school career (1,648) and season (706 in 2009) records for receiving yardage.

"Carlton can flat fly," USF wide receivers coach Phil McGeoghan stated recently. "He has all the tools, all the ability. He is very diligent in his route running and his assignments. He is getting better, I see him improving everyday. He comes out here, works early and stays late. Carlton Mitchell is just a very talented guy who is big, tall, athletic, and has all the gifts you want in a receiver."

Physical receiver? Premier deep threat? diligent in his route running and his assignments? .... we don't need anything like that running and stretching routes on this juggernaut of a team. Dropped passes? That would be unusual.

If Marques Colston was drafted by the Cleveland Browns he would be out of the NFL by now. To say Carlton Mitchell sucks and give any pass to this coaching staff, would be naive.

Here is Carlton Mitchells scouting report coming out of college:

"A physical receiver in the mold of Denver's Brandon Marshall, Mitchell became the Big East Conference's premier deep threat as a junior, despite missing several games with an ankle sprain. He played in just 37 games for the Bulls, but he set both the school career (1,648) and season (706 in 2009) records for receiving yardage.

"Carlton can flat fly," USF wide receivers coach Phil McGeoghan stated recently. "He has all the tools, all the ability. He is very diligent in his route running and his assignments. He is getting better, I see him improving everyday. He comes out here, works early and stays late. Carlton Mitchell is just a very talented guy who is big, tall, athletic, and has all the gifts you want in a receiver."

Physical receiver? Premier deep threat? diligent in his route running and his assignments? .... we don't need anything like that running and stretching routes on this juggernaut of a team. Dropped passes? That would be unusual.

Are you fucking kidding me! Your trying to compare him to Colston! If Colston was drafted by the Browns he would still be here because he HAD A 1000 YARD ROOKIE SEASON! In 2 season Mitchel has 1 drop and 1 carry for 9 yards. God damn fraternal twins if you ask me! And holy shit he set a season record of 706 yards in the power house conference Big East. How in the hell didn't he go first round. And don't even talk about the rest of this teams drops. Imagine how many Mitchel has to drop in practice compared to everyone else in order to not get to step on the field most games.

I've said it twice already. If he had any talent, if he was better than one other WR on our team, he would be playing. Guess what? He isn't, because apparently even when MoMass has to sit out games from a concussion and we only had 4 active WR on the team during games, he still wasn't good enough to step on the field.

Very bad comparison. Colston was a stud year one. From preseason on he made himself a must starter.

Colston started as a 7th round rookie because the Saints traded Donte Stallworth just prior to the start of the season. Then Drew Brees actually found him in routes and they have an innovated coaching staff to compliment all. He would have never gotten on the field for the browns or would have been mis-used as a tweener TE or something.

Norwood, the Penn St product, blew by Mitchell on the depth chart because he's smart, quick and can catch a football.

Mitchell won't be on an NFL roster next year.

Z

Norwood didn't get his shot right away and had to pay his dues. I am not saying that is the case with Mitchell. But given that Cleveland coaching makes poor decisions, proven by the fact that they kept playing Robiske, and Norwood sat half of the season, Moore doesn't play enough...we could go on and on. I wouldn't jump to say that Mitchell will not be on an NFL team next year. We aren't going to win many more this season, so let's see him on the field and see what he can do. Little, Norwood and Mitchell the rest of the season. Why not? I also recall that Mitchell has been injured a couple of times. Don't believe that was the case with Norwood.

All I can say is the big east may suck but Carlton is a burner and he could catch in college. Haven't seen much of him on the Browns but he must be doing bad in practice if he can't make WR on this team.

He couldn't catch in college, that is why he fell all the way to the 6th round. He always tried to catch with his body and it ended with balls slapping off his hands and chest pad about 25% of the time. I will admit breaking your finger to the point where the bone is sticking out during the pre season and having to get surgery on it doesn't help, but he had been 100% the whole season and all last season and if he hasn't learned to catch with his hands and if he can't catch at least to par with the other starting WR's then he doesn't deserve to see the field.

Colston started as a 7th round rookie because the Saints traded Donte Stallworth just prior to the start of the season. Then Drew Brees actually found him in routes and they have an innovated coaching staff to compliment all. He would have never gotten on the field for the browns or would have been mis-used as a tweener TE or something.

If Stallworth had stayed, Colston would ha still had many more catches and yards in his rookie season than Mitchel has managed to get in his two hear and it is still a bad comparison.

If judging talent was so easy, then why was Hillis a backup? Why was Brady a backup? How many teams would go back and draft Steve Smith in the first round if they could? But he was selected in round 3. Many teams passed on Jerry Rice because he was "slow". Sometimes you don't know what you have until you see it play on the field.

Raw WR's do take some time to develop. There is the "3 yr rule" with WRs and being he was as raw as he was coming out I would expect that to be true. Comparing him to Colston is ridiculous. Colston is not only an annomoly for 7th round WRs he is also an annomoly for any rookie WRs. Rookie WRs rarely come in and have 1000 yard seasons.

If we want to remain optimistic I think a more accurate comparison to C-Mitch would be someone like Stevie Johnson. He barely ever touched the ball in yrs 1 and 2 (12 catches combined those first 2 yrs) but in year 3 broke out into a 1000 yard 10 TD WR.

I am not saying that will be the case ... but hey you never know

If judging talent was so easy, then why was Hillis a backup? Why was Brady a backup? How many teams would go back and draft Steve Smith in the first round if they could? But he was selected in round 3. Many teams passed on Jerry Rice because he was "slow". Sometimes you don't know what you have until you see it play on the field.

Horrible examples. Hillis at the beginning of last season had already started taking away carries from Harrison and the only reason he wasn't starting before Harrison got hurt was because of Harrisons super game the season before. Also Brady was a back up to a very good QB in Drew Bledsoe who had been the franchise guy for almost a decade. You don't unseat someone like that unless you obviously show it on the field while taking over for an injury and even then Brady had shown enough to that point for them to feel comfortable with letting be the starter for the rest of the season instead of trying to find a veteran guy on FA. The major difference between these two guys and Mitchel is that both had to unseat good players (or at least in Harrisons case someone who seemed to be good) and they did, Mitchel only has to unseat someone who is bad, but he can't. I hope he pans out but they are not going to put this guy right in where he will have a 1000 yard season.

Sorry, guess you were watching the games and not me. Or maybe you were searching for nudie pics of Hillis.

Watching a guy in college has no basis on an NFL carrier and you know it. Plenty of GREAT players have come into the league and not done a things, while many no names and back ups have come in and been stars. So I'm sorry that you average college WR that you rub one out to every night hasn't panned out yet and most likely never will... and I'm sorry the best USF could do for you was #2 in the nation for about 2 weeks a few years ago. You my most sarcastic sympathy you really do.

Watching a guy in college has no basis on an NFL carrier and you know it. Plenty of GREAT players have come into the league and not done a things, while many no names and back ups have come in and been stars. So I'm sorry that you average college WR that you rub one out to every night hasn't panned out yet and most likely never will... and I'm sorry the best USF could do for you was #2 in the nation for about 2 weeks a few years ago. You my most sarcastic sympathy you really do.

No shit it has no basis. But what are you basing your opinion on? How much of him have you seen? I never said he was the second coming of Rice, I just said he wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be.

I'm proud that my school was #2 after only being a football for 10 years. You're a "Browns Fan" (or a Hillis dick blower) and you want to make fun of me for being a USF fan? Cmon, you're a fucking joke.

No matter what homo come backs you have, I got a good degree, great job, and wife all due to USF. What have you done in your life besides bitch about taking some faggot ass English classes?

No shit it has no basis. But what are you basing your opinion on? How much of him have you seen? I never said he was the second coming of Rice, I just said he wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be.

I'm proud that my school was #2 after only being a football for 10 years. You're a "Browns Fan" (or a Hillis dick blower) and you want to make fun of me for being a USF fan? Cmon, you're a fucking joke.

No matter what homo come backs you have, I got a good degree, great job, and wife all due to USF. What have you done in your life besides bitch about taking some faggot ass English classes?

First off: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20675&st=20&p=253977&hl=+harry%20+buffalo&fromsearch=1entry253977

So if you can point me to whoever can change my username that would be great.

Second, Pluralistic Society in Education not English.

Third, going to be a Special Education teacher so I can help troubled youth, kind of important.

Fourth, I'm proud that the worst season my Buckeye's have had in over 2 decades was a 50/50 season, can't say so much for your USF.

Fifth, Your a god damn Browns fan as well so you kind of made fun of your self.

My whole point in this thread is that there is at least a reason he isn't playing RIGHT NOW and it's because he is the worst WR on the team and he must be pretty bad RIGHT NOW because the guy right above him on the depth chart, Norwood, gets a decent amount of playing time. Shit maybe next year he will be Rice, but he isn't going to step in on Sunday and do anything and if we are all being honest more than likely he won't do anything in the NFL period. As I've said, I hope he does, but he likely won't.

So sorry that every time someone disagree's with you on this board you step away from trying to make a decent point and just turn to personally attacking to people you disagree with. Guess the wife isn't satisfying you enough and you need to take it out on someone.

Archived