THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren

lodilobo

While I have never been a big fan of Homgren's or in awe of his accomplishments, when he was hired as President of the Browns, I have to admit, I was sure that this would be a good move by Lerner. This is now starting to look like Lerner was taken to the cleaners....again. If the guy is being paid millions of dollars to revive this team, you have to question his lack of communication with the fans / media. We have been more than patient. I would think that after 2 years on the job, Holmgren would have created something to show a little progress. Is it too much to see a little improvement?......in any way?....the offense, defense, or special teams? Why is Shurmer left to deal with all the distractions / problems that have come up this season? Is that really the job of the HC?....to be the offensive coordinator, the HC, and public relations manager? You have to feel sorry for Shurmer.....yes, he is not a good NFL head coach, and probably never will be, but I have to blame Holmgren for the poor overall condition of this team. There were only a few of us that wanted to stick with Mangini....not because we are more knowledgeable, but in my case, because last season was the first time in recent years, that the team seemed to have that desire to win. Certainly, there are some players with that desire, now....but only a few. It's not going to happen, but the only way to stop this runaway train, is for Randy Lerner to call out Holmgren, and force him to get invloved immediately, or clean house. Get rid of Holmgren, and start over. Yep....Groundhog Day....again.

While I have never been a big fan of Homgren's or in awe of his accomplishments, when he was hired as President of the Browns, I have to admit, I was sure that this would be a good move by Lerner. This is now starting to look like Lerner was taken to the cleaners....again. If the guy is being paid millions of dollars to revive this team, you have to question his lack of communication with the fans / media. We have been more than patient. I would think that after 2 years on the job, Holmgren would have created something to show a little progress. Is it too much to see a little improvement?......in any way?....the offense, defense, or special teams? Why is Shurmer left to deal with all the distractions / problems that have come up this season? Is that really the job of the HC?....to be the offensive coordinator, the HC, and public relations manager? You have to feel sorry for Shurmer.....yes, he is not a good NFL head coach, and probably never will be, but I have to blame Holmgren for the poor overall condition of this team. There were only a few of us that wanted to stick with Mangini....not because we are more knowledgeable, but in my case, because last season was the first time in recent years, that the team seemed to have that desire to win. Certainly, there are some players with that desire, now....but only a few. It's not going to happen, but the only way to stop this runaway train, is for Randy Lerner to call out Holmgren, and force him to get invloved immediately, or clean house. Get rid of Holmgren, and start over. Yep....Groundhog Day....again.

One year into Holmgren's system and yes the coach is supposed to be the face of the team.

Is that really the job of the HC?....to be the offensive coordinator, the HC, and public relations manager?

The answer is yes, those really ARE the jobs of the HC (perhaps not the OC position)...but yes, it should be Shurmur and not Holmgren out before the public on these matters

Is that really the job of the HC?....to be the offensive coordinator, the HC, and public relations manager?

The answer is yes, those really ARE the jobs of the HC (perhaps not the OC position)...but yes, it should be Shurmur and not Holmgren out before the public on these matters

That was my point....how many other teams in the NFL have a HC who is also the offensive coordinator? Also.....Shurmer is not doing any of the 3 positions I mentioned well. Now, that you have heard Holmgren's press conference, what do you think? I'm more pissed off than before.......I wish that dildo Lerner would wake up and fire his ass today.

That was my point....how many other teams in the NFL have a HC who is also the offensive coordinator? Also.....Shurmer is not doing any of the 3 positions I mentioned well. Now, that you have heard Holmgren's press conference, what do you think? I'm more pissed off than before.......I wish that dildo Lerner would wake up and fire his ass today.

Next year the Browns will have an OC besides Shurmur.

i agree BUT you are assuming that lerner actually cares about what happens to this team.

Not impressed with MH's accomplishments? Really, going to SB's and winning one isn't impressive? Stick with EM? He has done nothing but ruin one team and make no progress with another. Communication with the fans? That has been part of the Browns problems since the return. Listening to moron fans. WE want Quinn, We want Quinn!

I do agree there should be an OC.

Not impressed with MH's accomplishments? Really, going to SB's and winning one isn't impressive? Stick with EM? He has done nothing but ruin one team and make no progress with another. Communication with the fans? That has been part of the Browns problems since the return. Listening to moron fans. WE want Quinn, We want Quinn!

EM's team could kick the shit out of this team 11 times out of 10.

It reads..."not in awe of his accomplishments".....no, I'm not. Barry Swiitzer won a Superbowl....I wonder if we can make him the next President. Mangini made no progress?...we beat the New England and the Superbowl defending champs, with him as coach. Who have we beaten with Shurmer as coach? Keep in mind....the "moron" fans pay Holgrem's salary. In other words, he works for us, and if he doesn't produce, which he hasn't in 2 years, and shows no signs of improving the team, he'll be fired. He's not God...as you and he might think.

Next year the Browns will have an OC besides Shurmur.

I'll bet ya a friendly 20 we don't hire an OC next year and Shurmur will still be calling the WCO next season, let me know gip. I'll add it to my sig to remind me of the bet!!

"If we'd just snap the damn ball and catch some passes, we'd be 7-6."

Smartest thing I've heard about the Browns season so far came from the Czar himself. You can all blame the FO, the coaching, etc... but in all honesty it's been the poor execution of the players that has held these guys back from having a winning record right now.

Once they add some talent and have a whole offseason to actually do some coaching, I see a lot of upside in this regime. It would just be crazy to cut the head off now and restart. And, with who???????

It reads..."not in awe of his accomplishments".....no, I'm not. Barry Swiitzer won a Superbowl....I wonder if we can make him the next President. Mangini made no progress?...we beat the New England and the Superbowl defending champs, with him as coach. Who have we beaten with Shurmer as coach? Keep in mind....the "moron" fans pay Holgrem's salary. In other words, he works for us, and if he doesn't produce, which he hasn't in 2 years, and shows no signs of improving the team, he'll be fired. He's not God...as you and he might think.

No do t think MH is god just that've has a proven winning record. Yes EM beat NE & NO buy thenost to cincy and Buf. So??

That's it. Guys not executing. Well said.

No do t think MH is god just that've has a proven winning record. Yes EM beat NE & NO buy thenost to cincy and Buf. So??

That's it. Guys not executing. Well said.

so you think/thought that cincy and buffalo were/are cream puff teams and automatic wins? GTFO.

i guess you were one of those that thought we had automatic wins this year too?

wow, you're a genius.

so you think/thought that cincy and buffalo were/are cream puff teams and automatic wins? GTFO.

i guess you were one of those that thought we had automatic wins this year too?

wow, you're a genius.

In that same vain, I bet New Orleans and New England thought the Browns were automatic wins last year.

There are no guaranteed wins in football. Highly favored teams, sure. But no guarantees.

Mik, drunk so early? I just think that if you have what it takes to beat a top tier team you should be able to handle a team in the middle of an 11 losing streak.

:lol: :lol: :lol: nope, but workin on it.

i agree, but we see examples all the time of teams playing up or down to their competition. what was it, a couple of years ago we beat the giants on sunday night or monday night when they were red-hot and on a roll? my giants friends couldn't believe it and said we looked like a super bowl team. too bad we sucked ass since. i mean any given sunday.

we know how each other feels about EM and holmgren. who's right or wrong....we may never find out. uugh.

pleez hurry up 2012 season already.

I'll bet ya a friendly 20 we don't hire an OC next year and Shurmur will still be calling the WCO next season, let me know gip. I'll add it to my sig to remind me of the bet!!

Both Holmgren and Shurmur have said they will have an OC. And of course whomever that is will have to be a WCO guy. There is no disputing that. Of course, just because a team has an OC doesn't mean that it is the OC who calls the plays.

A lot of us have speculated that that OC could be Mike Sherman, because of his relationship with Holmgren, because he is a pure WCO coach, because he has experience as an OC and HC....and has been successful, and because he is now out of a job.

If we are going to get another coach to run the WCO, what do we need Shurmur for?

His keen gametime insights?

His brilliant clock management?

His crack medical staff?

His uncanny motivational techniques?

Z

Holmgren blows, retired on the job, too sad

Randy wake up this is more crap all over again

Both Holmgren and Shurmur have said they will have an OC. And of course whomever that is will have to be a WCO guy. There is no disputing that. Of course, just because a team has an OC doesn't mean that it is the OC who calls the plays.

A lot of us have speculated that that OC could be Mike Sherman, because of his relationship with Holmgren, because he is a pure WCO coach, because he has experience as an OC and HC....and has been successful, and because he is now out of a job.

Zombo pretty much hit the nail on the head, Shurmur is here for the WCO i really believe he calls the plays again next season, 20 bucks is a few beers it's not so bad!!!

i dont know if u guys remember but the previous head coach and OC Eric Mangini and Brian Daboll were given some flak by the plain dealer on how they handled McCoy. This was right after he got drafted. Then they got fired and we got a new OC and McCoy was given a new leash of life. Now towards the end of the season many complain that he tends to stare at only one receiver, hangs on to the ball too long and the coaching staff never gave him a high vote of confidence with even Heckert going as far as to say that he will evaluate the QB after the season.

So this regime basically re-discovered what Eric Mangini said about McCoy after a whole season. How smart do u think this regime is ?

Em didn't ruin the Jets ... he turned them around and then in his last year Favre "ruined" them. EM left a very good foundation for Rex to work with and make it to back to back AFC championship games.

He also took over a train wreck here. He inherited a team with no players and few draft picks. Year 1 he gutted the whole damn team and you saw plenty of progress from game number 1 all the through to game number 16. In year 2 the team played extremely hard until the end when they knew he was a lame duck and everyone just laid down. Almost every game last year they were in it until the end and played very tough teams very well and even beat some. The problem last year wasn't EM it was the terrible offensive play calling which could have been fixed with a new OC. EM should have been given the option to bring in a new OC and keep his job. The front office could have even forced him to bring in a WCO coordinator as a compormise for him to keep his job.

Shurmer is ham and eggs. And Holmgram is useless. The only thing Holgram did that was decent was hiring Heckertt who drafts decently especially compared to how we normally draft.

Archived