THE BROWNS BOARD

Should The Nfl Fine The Browns For The Mccoy Incident ?

BrownIndian

The whole world saw McCoy getting hit, but the Browns did not know ! I dont think the Browns are lying, but this incident reaks of incompetence. Do the Browns deserve to be fined for this ?

Who cares if the team is fined? Really, what difference would it make one way or the other?

Someone should get fired for this. Where the hell were the trainers? Where the hell was the team doc?

Trainers and the team doc were on the sidelines working on other players when the play happened and had to be told that two players were hurt on the play to go out there and look at them. The guy who should be in trouble is the guy hired by the league to sit up in the booth and alert the side lines when someone is injured and how they think it happened. The guy clearly saw McCoy take the hit but didn't call down because he saw the trainers looking at him... but then he didn't call down after McCoy went in 2 seconds later. The guy didn't do his job and if anyone is going to get fired it should be him.

In the end I don't even think that the Browns will be fined, but I do think that next season every NFL team will have a neurologist on their sidelines to check out players.

A nice big fine delivered directly to lerners face from the nfl may serve to remind him that he has once again managed to hire yet another inexperienced and incompetent front office who in turn hired an inexperienced and incompetent pea brain of a HC based on knowing uncle fritz instead of hiring by credential and bring in an experienced HC and that a fan mutiny is likely just around the corner if things dont get turned around at a faster pace than the walrus can handle..

We knew coming into this season that with the lockout and lack of prep time that there was going to be hiccups with the new systems and that with holmgrens slow lets wait and do nothing approach to fixing things that the browns likely wouldnt fare to well..

But nobodies head is going to roll this year except perhaps colt mccoys and even that likely wont happen, so as others on this board have predicted we will get a new OC and a bag of lame excuses as to why we sucked and need another season to grow bla bla bla we have heard this song and dance before and know it brings nothing but false hope and will yield nothing..

The whole world saw McCoy getting hit, but the Browns did not know ! I dont think the Browns are lying, but this incident reaks of incompetence. Do the Browns deserve to be fined for this ?

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: I believe Holmgren was lying. What else could he spin.

With the growing understanding of how concussions can cause short-term and long-term problems and the NFL coming under greater scrutiny, I expect a pretty heavy fine.

And I believe that would be proper.

Who cares if the team is fined? Really, what difference would it make one way or the other?

The longer-term issue, Ed, is the team/organization continues to get black eye after black eye.

No way to repair a sinking ship.

Not sure agents will direct their cash cows to Cleveland - especially without guaranteed contracts in the league.

clearly this is a croc of total BS. I wasn't at the game but McCoy was down for an extended period of time, they threw a flag on a hit that got a player suspended for God's sake. I'd assume they probably showed that play on the replay at least a few times. So you're telling me that not a whole staff of trainers, players and coaches thought maybe we should check the guy for concussion symptoms? Come on.

It's clear what happened is that he didn't show immediate symptoms of it and for some unknown reason to me they though he gave us the best chance to win. The most frustrating part is that what many people brought up Seneca looked strong on that throw and very well have put a TD on the board. THAT'S the issue to bring out of all this.

Still may not remember. Villa plays Liverpool this week. Not a full Derby but still a huge match!

Grrrrrrrrrr.

I wish the Browns could go public like Green Bay.

Or sell them to Mark Cuban.

Someone who gives a shit!

Z

Once again this is typical '99 Browns/Lerner Organization garbage. I can't believe the NFL and fans are letting this team get away with essentially blaming Colt Mccoy for being lucid and not even discussing a concussion. Holmgren should be ashamed of himself. The correct thing to do is say, "Colt sustained a concussion and our doctors, trainers, coaches and players improperly handled the situation". "We are working with the league and internally to develop a better strategy for dealing with these issues". "As an organization we apologize to Colt for putting him in a situation where his health could have been compromised". Easy as that. Is that so hard. Instead as we've seen with almost every difficult situation this organization has encountered since 99 back tracking, rationalization, lack of accountability and the time honored tradition of saying, "it'll be better tomorrow".

Once again this is typical '99 Browns/Lerner Organization garbage. I can't believe the NFL and fans are letting this team get away with essentially blaming Colt Mccoy for being lucid and not even discussing a concussion. Holmgren should be ashamed of himself. The correct thing to do is say, "Colt sustained a concussion and our doctors, trainers, coaches and players improperly handled the situation". "We are working with the league and internally to develop a better strategy for dealing with these issues". "As an organization we apologize to Colt for putting him in a situation where his health could have been compromised". Easy as that. Is that so hard. Instead as we've seen with almost every difficult situation this organization has encountered since 99 back tracking, rationalization, lack of accountability and the time honored tradition of saying, "it'll be better tomorrow".

Here, here.

Archived