THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Calling It Right Now

ClevelandFanForLife

I put this in another thread but I think that it bares stating again. If the Browns end up at 4 or 5 in the draft, I think they trade back in the 7-10 range with either Miami, Washington or Seattle. This all is based on Blackmon being gone before us by the way. I figure the Colts take Luck, Rams get Kalil and Vikings or Jaguars taking Blackmon (we may be ahead of Jacksonville but Minnesota might take him anyway). With the best QB and WR gone, I think we look to get out of that pick to pick up more draft picks. The three teams listed above all need QBs and will be looking to get RG3 if he comes out. We need a lot and the best way to build the team is by drafting well with several picks. If we can get in the 7-10 range, we can draft Richardson and pick up a second round pick or so. Just my two cents, but I think it's our best option.

I put this in another thread but I think that it bares stating again. If the Browns end up at 4 or 5 in the draft, I think they trade back in the 7-10 range with either Miami, Washington or Seattle. This all is based on Blackmon being gone before us by the way. I figure the Colts take Luck, Rams get Kalil and Vikings or Jaguars taking Blackmon (we may be ahead of Jacksonville but Minnesota might take him anyway). With the best QB and WR gone, I think we look to get out of that pick to pick up more draft picks. The three teams listed above all need QBs and will be looking to get RG3 if he comes out. We need a lot and the best way to build the team is by drafting well with several picks. If we can get in the 7-10 range, we can draft Richardson and pick up a second round pick or so. Just my two cents, but I think it's our best option.

Sure, that is possible, but you are assuming that H&H won't want to take RGIII themselves. I personally wouldn't mind it if they traded their first round pick for say the 7-10 pick...then get that team's second round pick as well. That would then give the Browns the following:

Pick 7-10 from the above trade

Pick 22-27 from the Falcons

Pick 36-37 with their own 2d rounder

Pick 39-42 from the above trade

Would you all do that?

Sure, that is possible, but you are assuming that H&H won't want to take RGIII themselves. I personally wouldn't mind it if they traded their first round pick for say the 7-10 pick...then get that team's second round pick as well. That would then give the Browns the following:

Pick 7-10 from the above trade

Pick 22-27 from the Falcons

Pick 36-37 with their own 2d rounder

Pick 39-42 from the above trade

Would you all do that?

4 picks in the top 50 would be a great way to build a franchise. RG3 is great guy and has more talent than any QB in this draft, but I'm still not sure on him. He has a cannon but his size is not at the level of Cam Newton. I think trading would be the way to go. Drafting him wouldn't make me angry at all, but I think trading would help the team more.

The the above proposed trade the Browns could get:

Pick 7-10: Dre Kirkpatrick CB Ala, Alshon Jeffrey WR So.Caro.

Pick 22-27: Courtney Upshaw DE Ala., Kendall Wright WR Baylor, Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska, Lamar Miller RB Miami, Donta Hightower LB Alabama, Zach Brown LB No. Carolina

Pick 36-37: Mike Adams OT Ohio St., Jayron Henley CB Va. Tech, Chase Minniefield CB Virg.

Pick 39-42: Nick Perry DE USC, Stephon Gilmore CB So. Carolina

Pick 22-27: Courtney Upshaw DE Ala., Kendall Wright WR Baylor, Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska, Lamar Miller RB Miami, Donta Hightower LB Alabama, Zach Brown LB No. Carolina

Pick 36-37: Mike Adams OT Ohio St., Jayron Henley CB Va. Tech, Chase Minniefield CB Virg.

No to Jeffrey....This is Cleveland, if a guy even shows a hint of a bust....he's going to be a bust,same with those calling for Burfict (I know you didn't) the guy is a psycho asshole

other teams draft psycho assholes and they become Lawrence Taylor and Ray Lewis,Cleveland drafts psycho assholes and they become...pshyco assholes

So please when we do our mocks people...this is Cleveland....draft safe...draft smart :lol:

BTW ...I love Lamar Miller,Zach Brown Chase Minniefield and Nick Perry ...make that happen and we'll see some good things start to happen...oh and throw in FS Aaron Henry in the 3rd :)

I think if Blackmon is gone, which he should be, that is the way to go. There's no player the Browns truly NEED between 5 and 10 such as Blackmon. Trading back would allow us to take either a great or vast improvement in a player at WR, OT, LB AND DE/DB. I feel our first three picks must be at WR, OT, and LB in order of best available. With that said I like Kendall Wright, Zach Brown, and Nick Perry a lot. Also, names to shy away from are Burfict and Keuchly. We don't need an asswipe nutjob or a slow "tackling machine". Neither one is helpful.

If i were RG3 and considering coming out the first thing i would want to do is make sure the browns are not in range or interested and if they were i would just stay in school rather than to throw my career out the window with an idiot coach that wants to cram him into his failsauce system with a GM that feels we dont need legit quality targets because we already have them..

As a QB being selected by the browns would have to be a sinking feeling...

Archived