THE BROWNS BOARD

My Best And Worst

Steve, here are my best and worst of the years from the movies I have seen this year. Let me preface this by saying that I rarely am interested in seeing chick flick romantic comedies or horror movies or long drawn out pretentious dramas....though I do see those occasionally. Mostly I go for the action adventure sci-fi type movies. So this list is dominated by those.

Also note that the best movie that I probably saw this year was The King's Speech, but it technically came out last year.

Also, I will say, this was not a very good year for movies. The best I have seen otherwise are these, in no particular order:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Pirates of the Carribean, On Stranger Tides

X Men: First Class

Captain America

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Kill the Irishman

(with Kill the Irishman what made it better was seeing the accompanying documentary that came with the DVD)

My worst movie of the year no doubt was: The Green Hornet

(I did not see some movies that you say sucked like The Immortals....I stayed away from it on your recco.)

There were a few other movies that I liked that warrant mention:

Super 8

Unknown

Cowboys and Aliens

The Big Year

Three Musketeers

I do hope to catch the following over the holidays which I have not seen yet, so the top list may change:

Mission Impossible

Sherlock Holmes

TinTin

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Warhorse (which for some reason I think may end up being the best of the whole year)

Archived