THE BROWNS BOARD

Barkley Saw Brown And Orange In His Future, That's Why He Stayed

Soju

The Browns sent many, many scouts to see him play and I think he talked to several of his advisers who told him not to go in because there was a strong possibility that Cleveland would take him. He put an end to that notion real quickly.

And who could blame him?

We'd just ruin him anyway.

Like i have said before if i am a potential star QB and considering coming out early the first thing im going to look at before i make that decision is which teams rape QB careers and lack legit targets or if any of them have been looking at me or talking to my people and what is the likelyhood of landing on one of them, then i see the browns as a very likely possibility and i would decide not to declare this year...

I am sure these guys already have a general idea who is going to pick them up before they declare and if they dont like what they see and hear they stay in school and hope for better options the following year..

I dont think that to be true. It is not like there are many QB positions available in the NFL. This year the no of teams needing QB is more and if some of the picks turn out to be franchise QB, then there will be lesser options for Barkley, which means he will sink lower. If any - Strike while the iron is hot is the best option from a monitory perspective. Next year, BArkley could have an average year and might become a second rounder for all they know. I think he must have some other reason to QB and the reason he states seems very plausible.

He didn't come out because there was the real chance that he didn't get picked until 7-10. If he thought there was a real chance that we take him at 4-5 then I think he comes out cause of the money he would get, but with the chance of the pick getting to us and RGIII still being on the board it wouldn't be a sure thing that we take him, so he waits a year for the chance to be #1 overall and makes over twice the amount of money he would have made if he came out this year.

You're a fooking idiot. He will be the #1 pick next year, making him an additional 10 mil.

Except that I have looked at him and if Colt McCoy....who was probably better than him in all aspects of QBing in college...is a 3rd round choice, then Barkley should at best be a 3rd or 4th round choice.

Archived