THE BROWNS BOARD

Found it! Rich4Eagle watching the OSU-Texas game!

BigBrownsFan

You know, there still are a lot of true diehard Browns-Buckeyes on this site, and just because some of you guys get a little chubby when the Bucks lose really shouldn't give you free reign to continue rubbing noses in it.

Show a little class.

I haven't had much time on here lately, but sure seems to me a lot of guys are using da ich to fully put it up the hardcore Bucks fans' ass.

Maybe not you per say, but at least a few of you.

To me, it's not a lot different than letting a bunch of Pitt dipshits come here and rub our noses in it.

This, I do know, and that is the Bucks have by far the most fans here of any college team, which is common sense. I also know that Buckeye fans here take more shit and asinine statements than any other college program by far from the haters.

You have guys making fun of OSU because the Browns have their band at games and get chants of O_H_I_O is fooking gay. That's what it's all about and what makes this area special, we back and are loyal to our local teams. True Cleveland fans are fans of the Tribe, Cavs, Browns and Bucks. The Bucks are the minority of the four, but not by a lot. Cincy is also a huge Buckeye town and they even have a pretty solid university in Cincy.

I stick my middle finger up to all of you Buckeye haters that are Browns fans and rub it in your brothers' faces.

we back and are loyal to our local teams. True Cleveland fans are fans of the Tribe, Cavs, Browns and Bucks.

142 miles away is local?

Wow. You go there to do your grocery shopping? :lol:

For the record, I never was much of a Buckeye hater until Adam Taliaferro got paralyzed at the Shoe. PSU was getting plastered, and after all that, the classless Cooper went to the endzone in a game that OSU was already ahead by I believe a 38-6 score with only a little time left in the game.

Yeah, I know, it has nothing to do with the current regime - but once Tressel came over and all the questionable eye-raising things that went on at YSU with no backlash, the feeling has not changed much for me. Add that to the fact that had Tressel not being doling out promises (see Terrelle Pryor, as in you WILL start if you come to OSU), OSU would probably not have lost another game after the USC dismantling. Boeckman had a bad couple games, without Wells, and enter the flavor of the year in Pryor.

Sorry, I put them just a notch below Notre Dame and Michigan in my eyes. And I am still wondering how a "true fan roots for the Browns and the Buckeye". Are all Steeler fans only true fans if they root for PSU? Are Eagle fans in the same category? That logic I never quite understood. Can someone possibly explain the reason behind that - I am serious, because I just do not get it.

142 miles is certainly 'local' when the team is made up of kids from your own back yard. Ohio State's roster is made up mostly of all Ohio kids. Kids from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, and everywhere in-between. Its state-wide draw is responsible for its state-wide support. OSU Represents the entire state of Ohio, and many of us accept and support that, regardless of which corner of the state we come from. I don't speak for everyone, many ohioans choose to pledge their allegiance to other teams. That's fine. But you have no reason to question the allegiance of any Ohio resident to tOSU. As I would never question a resident of Pennsylvania who supports Penn State.

Peace. Regarding the 'any true fan of the browns supports. . . ' I don't completely agree with that, but I do feel that a true 'home-town' fan in the northern ohio area should support the Browns, the Cavs, Indians, AND Ohio State. I was raised supporting my home-town teams, and I really respect that quality in other people. It always seemed odd to me when people seem to cherry-pick their allegiances. (Extreme case, Lebron James growing up in Akron, being a Bulls, Yankees, and Cowboys fan. . . just doesn't seem right to me). Sure, a lot of people have reasons for that, and many of them are justified. But I really respect true home-town pride of ALL teams, regardless of how much they may suck each year.

Guest ATENEARS
This post is about Rich - not the Buckeye fans. Geesh. Comprehension.

Riffer is right, and BigBrownsFan this ain't directly entirely at you, but so-what Rich wears his fanship about the Buckeyes on his sleeve. We all do and you guys get on Rich when he calls you out regarding the Browns woes, but obviously think it's fair game to dish it back. That's your call, but I'd hope after more than 24 hrs have passed that we'd let it die.

As Riffer said, you are sticking it up us Buckeye fan's ass and I really don't care to read anymore.

One comment on the game that I did find comfort in was all those teams (Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska, ect...) that would give their left nut to be in tOSU's shoes each and every year for as long as the Buckeyes had 'gotten to' the bigger games.

I think we've made progress with Ghoolie seeing it from the 'Homer perspective' and maybe Rich has been humbled too ... let's refrain from piling on and build from here. It was needed, let's not spoil it. If that makes any sense.

Guest ATENEARS

Hell, that video was of me too ... I dam near shattered a beer bottle off the wall, while my family slept. I'm still not over it and probably never will be ... sue-me, I'm a fan.

Guest ATENEARS
142 miles is certainly 'local' when the team is made up of kids from your own back yard. Ohio State's roster is made up mostly of all Ohio kids. Kids from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, and everywhere in-between.

Many of us follow these kids from High School to tOSU, and the ones who come from out of state are promptly compared to the ones from here who are passed over for them.

I was thrilled to see Daniel "Boom" Herron score that go-ahead TD. I remember watching him (as a Warren Harding RD/PK/KR) play my Alma-mater in a Region-I Championship game in legendary Paul Brown Stadium in Massillon just a few years back. My old school also has had the better-hand against all the Glenville recruits (Ray Smalls, Robert Rose, Terry, Browning, etc..) that head to Columbus. It's amazing seeing these kids game-plan for my high school one year, then game-plan for the Florida's, LSU's, USC's & Longhorns a few years later. I wish DT Robert Rose would have hung onto that blocked-nearly-Intercepted pass down the stretch and shared in the hero's of that game, cause I watched him come up.

You can't help follow'em ... as other Ohio teams or even other D-I schools who also recruit Ohio kids. It bring a whole nother raving interest to the games.

I haven't had much time on here lately, but sure seems to me a lot of guys are using da ich to fully put it up the hardcore Bucks fans' ass.

Maybe not you per say, but at least a few of you.

To me, it's not a lot different than letting a bunch of Pitt dipshits come here and rub our noses in it.

This, I do know, and that is the Bucks have by far the most fans here of any college team, which is common sense. I also know that Buckeye fans here take more shit and asinine statements than any other college program by far from the haters.

You have guys making fun of OSU because the Browns have their band at games and get chants of O_H_I_O is fooking gay. That's what it's all about and what makes this area special, we back and are loyal to our local teams. True Cleveland fans are fans of the Tribe, Cavs, Browns and Bucks. The Bucks are the minority of the four, but not by a lot. Cincy is also a huge Buckeye town and they even have a pretty solid university in Cincy.

I stick my middle finger up to all of you Buckeye haters that are Browns fans and rub it in your brothers' faces.

Thumbs up buddy....fantastic post............and right on target........btw the guy you responded to did the Ytube about himself..........and it is obvious he has blinders on about Pryor because his team lost out.............which is likely a symbol of life in general for him

Thanks big time for defending true fans who are passoinate and who were hearbroken by six inches Monday.......in a game that went to wire.........Hats off to both Texas and the Buckeyes...........two class opereations

and you too Stan.........thanks loads............been there with Tressel at YTOWN he lost two national Championships in a row there to and came back and won again.........Buckeyes are the heart and soul of Ohio...........they are the pride of my home state.........loved ever since Woody had Bob Ferguson and Dick Schfrath and Paul Warfield and Jim Houston.................

I am prould of their performance the other night.........because in the arena with the bull their is only one winner............the Buckeyes did not lose they just ran out of time and they will win again I promise...........I was waiting 33 years for Tressel to deliver the Buckeyes to the promised land ..........and I will be damned if I am going to give up on him for getting in the arena and failing recently.....as best I can he now has an advantage because the Buckeyes are now one of the few teams left that understand field position, special teams, clock management and especilly defense........and over time the coin will come up on your side.....

My Buckeye fanhood dates to just about the same era as my Browns fanhood....that being the early 70's I remember the OSU-Michigan defensive battles of that era, including the 10-10 tie. I echo what Stan, Rich & Riffer said. For all it's issues (and there are many) I will always love the State Of Ohio. It was awesome watching local kids go to tOSU and succeed. I was thrilled when Orlando Pace went from the Blue Streaks to the Buckeyes to the Super Bowl. It was awesome to see Kelvin Lindsay taking handoffs from Mike Tomczak as I had played alongside him at SHS and watched him tear up the Buckeye Conference for four years. I watched tons of other local guys playing for the Scarlet and Grey over the years.

Now that I'm in Arizona, I love wearing my colors out here. These people out here have no idea how much those colors mean to me. BTW, I'm just now coming down off the high of my trip to the Fiesta Bowl Monday Night. Yeah, the ending sure did suck, but that was one of the best times I ever had. It was awesome to see that stadium (which is incredible BTW) packed with Ohioans. Almost everybody I talked to made the 2,000 mile trip for this game. I ran into people from: Fremont, Circleville, Lima, Cambridge, Dublin, Grafton and all over the great state of Ohio. The Texas Longhorn "fans" I went with now know the REAL meaning of "football fan." I knew every Buckeye player and where they played High School ball. These "Texas" fans chose the team because a) Earl Campbell once player there b( Ricky Williams once played there and c) because they have cool jerseys. I'm not kidding, a grown man told me that. I screamed my ballz off all game and screamed NO! when Texas scored the final touchdown. The guys I was with thought I was crazy. The next day at work one of those guys told me "I never met anybody like you in my entire life." Whether or not he meant that as a compliment, it WAS a compliment to me.

GO BUCKEYES!

Doug

That's hilarious,that was me back in 02 at the end of regulation only I was screaming "that's interference that's interference" then the yellow hanky popped out and all was right with the world.

So kid keep throwing those tantrums ya never know when those zebras will hear your cries of foul

Furns, da ich, Satn, Fools and others thanks for being diehards. The Buckeyes mean a helluva lot to those of us who grew up bleeding it. I think a lot of people forget that these guys haven't been on top forever and we are not bandwagon fans. Hopefully some of these other guys on the board will start to understand that a little bit instead of antagonizing the situation.

Furns is a lot like me in a ton of ways, so it only makes sense he bleeds Scarlet and Gray too. I just always assumed everybody from Ohio was a Buckeye, whether they went to school there or not. I went there, but I was crying when they lost when I was just a little fooker. OSU is THE school in Ohio, a state loaded with talent and tradition. There is no other comparable to its level, so it only makes sense that it would be the state team.

I'm a fan of Akron U, live here and went to school here, plus I have a good buddy that coaches there and always know some players. Trust me when I say I may go to a game with OSU playing Akron but I ain't rooting for Akron. Keeping our in state recruits here is huge and Jim T has stepped that up huge, especially after Coop had alienated a few folks. A directly attributable reason Michigan blows now is that they are not getting the primo OSU talent anymore, and if anything Tress is getting their guys.

We can nitpick Jim T for some X's and O's, but let's not get this twisted. Right now, this guy is going down as a legend and has OSU amongst the top of the NCAA each season. He'll get another National Title soon, mark it down. And if he doesn't, I'll still be bleeding Scarlet and Gray with the rest of us diehards.

Tressel Way is the street in Berea where Browns headquarters is and Jimmy T's dad is a legend at Baldwin Wallace. Paul Brown coached the Buckeyes before taking his legendary status to Cleveland. The Buckeyes are a huge part of NE and Ohio football and always have been, even way before the Browns. About the only other team with support that's even close to OSU in this football crazed land is Notre Dame, and that is obviously from the Catholic standpoint.

Go Buckeyes and my man Furns I'm glad you had a great time at the game, I actually was going to PM you and ask if you were going.

My Buckeye fanhood dates to just about the same era as my Browns fanhood....that being the early 70's I remember the OSU-Michigan defensive battles of that era, including the 10-10 tie. I echo what Stan, Rich & Riffer said. For all it's issues (and there are many) I will always love the State Of Ohio. It was awesome watching local kids go to tOSU and succeed. I was thrilled when Orlando Pace went from the Blue Streaks to the Buckeyes to the Super Bowl. It was awesome to see Kelvin Lindsay taking handoffs from Mike Tomczak as I had played alongside him at SHS and watched him tear up the Buckeye Conference for four years. I watched tons of other local guys playing for the Scarlet and Grey over the years.

Now that I'm in Arizona, I love wearing my colors out here. These people out here have no idea how much those colors mean to me. BTW, I'm just now coming down off the high of my trip to the Fiesta Bowl Monday Night. Yeah, the ending sure did suck, but that was one of the best times I ever had. It was awesome to see that stadium (which is incredible BTW) packed with Ohioans. Almost everybody I talked to made the 2,000 mile trip for this game. I ran into people from: Fremont, Circleville, Lima, Cambridge, Dublin, Grafton and all over the great state of Ohio. The Texas Longhorn "fans" I went with now know the REAL meaning of "football fan." I knew every Buckeye player and where they played High School ball. These "Texas" fans chose the team because a) Earl Campbell once player there b( Ricky Williams once played there and c) because they have cool jerseys. I'm not kidding, a grown man told me that. I screamed my ballz off all game and screamed NO! when Texas scored the final touchdown. The guys I was with thought I was crazy. The next day at work one of those guys told me "I never met anybody like you in my entire life." Whether or not he meant that as a compliment, it WAS a compliment to me.

GO BUCKEYES!

Doug

Dude, I don't know what Texas fans you're talking about. As an alum I will tell you that the same kind of diehards exist at Texas as I am sure they do at OSU. These are top 5 all time programs in wins. I'm sure you bleed for OSU as I bleed for Texas but with tens of millions of people in a football crazy state...please don't imply that we love the Horns because of the unis....(even though I do love em).

Great post Riff. I really had a great time despite the ending. I was high-fiving and chatting with Bucks fans all day. You just didn't see the Texas fans with the same kind of instant comaraderie.

I'm pretty sure the guys I went to this game with came away with the realization that they weren't as big football fans as they thought they were.

I warned 'em in advance that there aren't ANY fans more diehard then Buckeyes or Browns fans.

Now they know.

Doug

The game Monday hurt like hell. Every Buckeye loss hurts like hell. I've been a Buckeye fan longer than I can remember, and it seems like the losses hurt more every time. However, they played a good game. Hats off to Texas, I have a lot of respect for their team and organization. We have a great recruiting class coming and I am excited to see some of the young guys from last year's recruiting class get some more playing time (Posey is going to be amazing).

Thaddeus Gibson (Euclid kid) had a great game. He and Rose are going to monsters next year...Nathan Williams, too (as long as he stops shoplifting :(). Even if Beanie leaves (which I'm sure he will), our RBs should be good. Boom, a healthy Saine and the new RBs coming in (Berry, Hyde) will solidfy our running attack.

GO BUCKEYES!!

Guest ATENEARS
Tressel Way is the street in Berea where Browns headquarters is and Jimmy T's dad is a legend at Baldwin Wallace. Paul Brown coached the Buckeyes before taking his legendary status to Cleveland.

Did you know that Lee Tressel also coached at my hometown/Alma-mater Mentor High School (Jimmy was born in that great town!)? The senior Tressel had a 43-8 record there from 1950-55, before heading to Baldwin-Wallace in my current Home Town of Berea. Tressel was 8-0 in 1955, 9-0 in 1954, 9-0 in 1953 & 8-1 in 1952 (Yes, undefeated in his last three seasons, 34-1 in his last four) ... however, he only ranks 4th among Mentors all-time Coaching winning perctanges (gulp!).

I coach (baseball) in Berea, and see Jimmy T's picture on the wall leading to the gym with every indoor practice. Jim's brother still teaches at my kids school. Does it sound like I'd be a homer if I could?

With all that, I can easily state that Tressel has been out-coached in recent years, in big games.

I'm a Buckeye fan ... Jim Tressel and his woven history with my home town(s) just happens to coach them.

On a side note: Don Shula's sister was one of my teachers in Mentor, as they grew up in neighboring Fairport Harbor. I played ball with his nephew.

Did you know that Gumbo and I tailgated at Lou Groza's funeral here in Berea? Right there in the freaking church parking lot and his wife was tickled pink that we attended. (ok, maybe that's kind of scary)

I don't know why I'm throwing out all this useless trivia, just layoff dissing the greatest football team in college football.

Glad to have you back Rich. I think we are ready to turn this thing around.

Did you know that Gumbo and I tailgated at Lou groza's funeral? Right there in the freaking church parking lot and his wife was tickled pink that we attended. (ok, maybe that's kind of scary)

THAT is awesome! You should have invited me.

Long live "The TOE!"

Doug

Guest ATENEARS

I warned 'em in advance that there aren't ANY fans more diehard then Buckeyes or Browns fans.

Now they know.

Doug

Dude, seriously you are a special unit. I've attended games with you and you are crazy ... Jeff Dahmer starring crazy (oh wait, maybe that was at the bars and around hot women, nevermind). But you are a special breed ... I bet your friends distance themselves from your wicked ass.

At least you aren't as big as Gumbo and can't pick me up and throw me around like a rag doll.

Dude, seriously you are a special unit. I've attended games with you and you are crazy ... Jeff Dahmer stareing crazy (oh wait, maybe that was at the bars and around hot women, nevermind). But you are a special breed ... I bet your friends distance themselves from your wicked ass.

At least you aren't as big as Gumbo and can't pick me up and throw me around like a rag doll.

Umm THANKS!....I think. Coming from someone who has been witness to several of Zombo's arrests and the Legendary Fatdad, that's quite a compliment.

BTW, I have patented "The Dahmer Look."

Doug

GO BUCKEYES!

Doug[/color][/b]

I proudly wore my OSU shirt to work on Monday and then again on Tuesday even after the loss. I'm with you Furns.....in a lot of ways, I'm a bigger OSU fan now that I live 2500 miles away from Ohio than I was when I lived in Ohio.

I've never seen Ohio State play in person, but it is on my list of things to do this year. I don't agree with Rich on many things, but I do completely agree with him on THE Ohio State University and our support of the team. My 10 year old son has his room decorated in Ohio State scarlet and grey.

The OSU haters around here can kiss my ass.

Archived