THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Cribbs

DawginIT

He hasn't returned a kick for a TD in almost 2 full seasons. For all of you that have been begging for him on offense, you are idiots! He's too slow to get off the line of scrimmage and get open quickly which is the point of the WCO. He needs to play special teams only and Buster Skrine should start returning kicks.

He hasn't returned a kick for a TD in almost 2 full seasons. For all of you that have been begging for him on offense, you are idiots! He's too slow to get off the line of scrimmage and get open quickly which is the point of the WCO. He needs to play special teams only and Buster Skrine should start returning kicks.

He also has our only TD of this game, so whatever point you are trying to make is moot.

And last season he delt with a very serious foot injury and this season he lost the best special teams coordinator in the NFL, most of his veteran special teams blockers, and has delt with a groin injury for most of the season.

Don't get me wrong I like the guy I just haven't seen much production out of him this year. But seriously buster skrine needs to return punts. Cribbs doesn't get up to speed as quickly as Skrine could which is more helpful in punt returns opposed to kickoffs where he can get up to speed.

You're going to give credit to Cribbs for our only TD before you blame the rest of this awful offense for it's lack of scoring? Ridiculous.

I don't see what the two have to do with each other.

Our offense is awful. Cribbs scored on special teams.

What's your point?

I don't see what the two have to do with each other.

Our offense is awful. Cribbs scored on special teams.

What's your point?

You said he has the only TD for the team. That just makes it sound like the offense is awful, which it is. Any other team thats an extra 7. Not the only 7.

You said he has the only TD for the team. That just makes it sound like the offense is awful, which it is. Any other team thats an extra 7. Not the only 7.

It just proves that what Cribbs brings to the table is much more important to the Browns than it would be to any other team.

It just proves that what Cribbs brings to the table is much more important to the Browns than it would be to any other team.

I agree in that regard. I was meaning to put more emphasis that he is much more crucial in that regard that to the offense where I feel he loses his production in the return game.

He scored 1/3 of the browns tds this year and avgs more than 1 return td a year. he doesn't hurt your team talent wise, he's already signed to a contract that doesn't hurt your cap, i really don't see any reasons to get rid of him. p.s he isn't even holding talent back.

Again and again, Ghoolie shows his severe lack of football knowledge.

I'd love to see you and an NFL coach have a discussion, he'd slap you in the face with knowledge and you'd be left stammering "But...but...special teams are for losers!"

There's a reason you don't coach on Sundays, and it's not because you wasted your life making shit music and a shit website to display it all.

Again and again, Ghoolie shows his severe lack of football knowledge.

I'd love to see you and an NFL coach have a discussion, he'd slap you in the face with knowledge and you'd be left stammering "But...but...special teams are for losers!"

There's a reason you don't coach on Sundays, and it's not because you wasted your life making shit music and a shit website to display it all.

Agreed. Specials teams has lost the Browns atleast 3 games this year Ghoolie.

Rich and I both suggested trading him 2 years ago while he had some value.

As we have pointed out to you, return men as a rule don't last very long. Cribbs was never very fast to begin with. What he WAS, was fearless. This is what makes a good return man.

Remember, the very fastest men on kick coverage are the very first guys down the field. When a return man is fearless and willing to sept up into the ball and take the hits, he quite often gets past the first wave, that being the fastest, tacklers.

The second wave is usully comprised of linebackr types and bench warmer DBs. Once past the initial wave, it is easier to break bast these zombies.

Unfortunately, Cribbs fealess days are behind him, AND he is a step slower.

Cribbs needs to be released after this year. He's done, and really he was done 2 years ago.

Now I know, you guys love sucking him off and powdering his ass, but the reality is, there ae walk ons with as much speed and talent as Cribbs. He's done, so go ahead suck on his nusack for one more week, but come 2012 he won't be wearing a Browns uniform.

Stupid is as stupid does. Has Cribbs lost a step? Perhaps. Is that due to injuries? Probably. Can he come back next year and be as good as he ever was? Questionable.

Is he still better than most kick returners in the league? Yes, even in his diminished capacity. Is he still dangerous? Obviously. That was a punt return for a touchdown he scored the other day. It was not a potted plant or a doily.

Is Cribbs a heart and soul member of this team? An inspiration? No dount.

Should someone like that be release?

Absofuckinglutely not. Anyone that suggest that must be mentally Retarded.

Should the Browns start grooming someone else to do kick/punt return duties. Absolutely, because this is the Not For Long League and you always want to groom new talent. But that doesn't mean you waste or discard the talent you have without having something better to go with.

>>

Correct again. It is because my music, books,, articles, seminars, studio work, and production has provided me an income/royalty stream enabling me to relax, travel, own multiple homes, take care of my family and loved ones, and even donate to people like you and your family; the 50% of Americans who don't pay income tax and who run around with their hands out looking for g'bimnt cheese.

My productions and playing credits include gold record writers, grammy winning and gold medal artists. Shit music you say? Yeah, I agree, Ghoolie's musit IS THE SHIT.

But hey, why not tell us of YOUR great accomplishments?

Please, don't be afraid, This board has LIMITLESS BANDWITH so you can post all the empty, blank message you want to. Be mt guest, have at it.

OKay, c'mon, I'll help you get started...........

"The first day of your job search you hung out in front of the drug store..........."

Yeah, and Milli Vanilli had a top 10 hit, excuse me if I'm not impressed.

My accomplishments? I'm 22 years old, I own a house, I serve at the soup kitchen monthly and I make my money playing the sport that you spend your free time bitching about. I was listed as a national top 100 prep lineman as a sophomore, the year I DIDN'T even play football. I passed up division 1 scholarships to South Carolina, N.C. State, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and Rutgers so I could play at the closest university and take care of my blind, double amputee father.

And in 2 years, you'll have the pleasure of being able to call me a dime-a-dozen NFL lineman all you want.

Archived