THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Defense

DawginIT

The defense has looked very good for the most part this year, but not great. Clearly, the offense is down right pathetic at times. But my thoughts for the draft, Do you think the Browns should bolster the defense heavy in the draft and some playmakers in later rounds and go hard for receivers in free agency? Would anyone be truly upset if the Browns draft looked something like 1a) Quinton Coples, Morris Claiborne 1B) Zach Brown/Luke Keuchly/Vontaze Burfict (although I know he's got issues), 2) Melvin Ingram/Jaron Hosley/Chase Minniefield, Nick Perry. Theres many other players they could take but thats just some options. Then in free agency they could go for DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, etc. I'm not saying this is my favorite idea but I will say I wouldn't be upset if that happened. Thoughts please!

The defense has looked very good for the most part this year, but not great. Clearly, the offense is down right pathetic at times. But my thoughts for the draft, Do you think the Browns should bolster the defense heavy in the draft and some playmakers in later rounds and go hard for receivers in free agency? Would anyone be truly upset if the Browns draft looked something like 1a) Quinton Coples, Morris Claiborne 1B) Zach Brown/Luke Keuchly/Vontaze Burfict (although I know he's got issues), 2) Melvin Ingram/Jaron Hosley/Chase Minniefield, Nick Perry. Theres many other players they could take but thats just some options. Then in free agency they could go for DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, etc. I'm not saying this is my favorite idea but I will say I wouldn't be upset if that happened. Thoughts please!

Our pass defense is misleading. When teams don't have to pass because we have a 31st ranked run defense, our passing yards given up are going to be lower. If you think about it, the defense relly isn't that good.

Browns rush defense: ranked 31st in the league

Browns Sacks: 30 Ranked: 23rd in the league.

Defensive touchdowns: 0 Ranked 29th in the league.

What this tells me is that we need some playmakers in the secondary, and we need some linebackers that can stuff the run. We really don't need corners right now, I know Sheldon Brown is gettin up there, but a guy like Patterson or Skrine can fill in until we draft one. Run Stoppers and a ball hawking FS ( Ed Reed type) are a major priority. I would be happy with a playmaking WR or a bone crushing nasty linebacker with the second first pick. Actually I would be happy with a WR/FS/LB in the first. No particular order, just the best players of those positions.

The defense has looked very good for the most part this year, but not great. Clearly, the offense is down right pathetic at times. But my thoughts for the draft, Do you think the Browns should bolster the defense heavy in the draft and some playmakers in later rounds and go hard for receivers in free agency? Would anyone be truly upset if the Browns draft looked something like 1a) Quinton Coples, Morris Claiborne 1B) Zach Brown/Luke Keuchly/Vontaze Burfict (although I know he's got issues), 2) Melvin Ingram/Jaron Hosley/Chase Minniefield, Nick Perry. Theres many other players they could take but that's just some options. Then in free agency they could go for DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, etc. I'm not saying this is my favorite idea but I will say I wouldn't be upset if that happened. Thoughts please!

Defense? Really? The only way the Browns draft D high is if Blackmon is off the board. Offense 30th in points and 29th in yards won't cut it. They may even consider a trade up, if the Colts blow the 1st overall and make a play for either Luck or Blackmon.

FA? McCoy ain't that good, and he's going to want franchise player money. Manningham will be overpriced too.

Keuchly is an ILB, which would be superfluous if we resign Jackson, and he'll likely go top 15. Minnifield will be a nice option if he falls to the second round. Burfict has issues, so no thanks.

The only defensive player barring where we end up in the draft I wouldn't be angry if we took is claiborne form LSU. Brown's days as a starter are long gone and this guy is the real deal primetime player. With that being said, I don't see how in God's name with all the offensive talent there is in this draft you pick defense in the first round at all. Between RGIII, Blackmon, Richardson one of those guys will be there for the browns to scoop up, and all are going to be monsters in the NFL IMO. I don't see how Heckert could possibly think otherwise.

DawginIT, you poor soul. You have so much to learn from the experts on this board.

Don't you know that the reason our D isn't good is because Colt is our QB?

Don't you know that the reason our D isn't good is because we didn't draft a WR with our top pick last year?

Don't you know that if you can name guys like Ward, Haden, Taylor, Sheard and Jackson in a post, then it is OK to be around 30th in the league against the run?

Don't you know that giving up 17 points on the first three possessions is not only acceptable, but worthy of praise?

If you didn't know these things, then hang around. You're in for a treat.

DawginIT, you poor soul. You have so much to learn from the experts on this board.

Don't you know that the reason our D isn't good is because Colt is our QB?

Don't you know that the reason our D isn't good is because we didn't draft a WR with our top pick last year?

Don't you know that if you can name guys like Ward, Haden, Taylor, Sheard and Jackson in a post, then it is OK to be around 30th in the league against the run?

Don't you know that giving up 17 points on the first three possessions is not only acceptable, but worthy of praise?

If you didn't know these things, then hang around. You're in for a treat.

Our defense is 6th in the league in points allowed. How is that not a solid defense? It's the their job to stop the other team from scoring and they're the SIXTH BEST TEAM AT DOING THAT!!!! That's astonishing considering how long the defense is on the field because the piece of shit offense can't do a fucking thing. Okay, so we're 30th against the run. That sucks, but where are all these points these teams are getting from running?

Ya I'm sorry but the only stat that means ANYTHING is points allowed. Also, we have millions upon millions to spend to get up to the cap so who cares if we overpay to get there, we gotta get there. Also, adding top tier talent on defense next year COULD, don't mistake that for will, make us a top tier defense in the league. It's the way Baltimore and Pittsburgh has built there teams up, are you going to complain about that?

Archived