THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers At Browns

Dick Mellon

I expect Big Dumb Ben to play a bit.

I'm not sure how much.

It does not matter anyways.

The Division will finish their sweep of Cleveland for the 3rd time since the Browns returned to the rust belt.

Curiously, last season featured PIT at CLE for week 17 as well.

Colt was freezing his ass off last year and the final score was what? 41-9

post-13208-0-30915700-1324981679_thumb.jpg.

And so a second season will come to a close for Colt,

with him still never winning a game in the cold.

How's he doing against the Division?

Has he won a game against a Division team yet?

Seems to me that there should be a minimum requirement for a CLE Quarterback. . . .

He should be able to win in the cold and against teams in the Division.

I'm no idiot, but I think the Browns win. In fact, I GUARANTEE IT.

I hope it's a freakin blizzard, with chill factors of below zero, where Browns fans are real, and

sissy, bandwagon squeeeeeeler fiends stay home and drunkenly watch their tv sets with the power out, and wonder

why the game isn't on yet. Where troy Prolyisapileofpoopoo gets his hair stepped on by Hillis, and puts himself on IR because

a couple of em pulled out. Where harrison gets both legs broken by trying to spear Joe Thomas in the helmet, but he misses,

bounces off Hillis, and gets knocked into the upper deck roof, then falls down fifty feet and hits a railing, then bounces off,

and lands on Hiney Ward, then richochets off him onto big ugly stupid bengay frothlicksboogers.

And, they WILL WIN because........ I know someone who will be there.........heh, heh. heh......................@@ :rolleyes:

I hope it's a freakin blizzard, with chill factors of below zero, where Browns fans are real, and

sissy, bandwagon squeeeeeeler fiends stay home and drunkenly watch their tv sets with the power out, and wonder

why the game isn't on yet.

This is the sad situation we are in now where we have to worry about Steelers fans hopefully not showing up to OUR home game. It is pathetic what this FO has down to this franchise. I will be there Sunday hopefully there wont be 15-20000 steeler fans as well. But there are a ton of tickets for sale online...I used to blame the fans for this but I dont anymore I dont blame them a bit, this FO just stinks. They have turned this great franchise into a laughing stock that is never even mentioned nationally anymore.

We need to be able to compete in the division and since we have yet to have a winning record in this division since our return in '99 then every year will be the same this has to change.

22-68 inside the division since '99 unreal. Only 3 seasons at .500 5-5 in 2001 when the Jags and Titans were still in the division, 3-3 in 2002 and 3-3 in 2007.

The Browns records in division since 1999

vs Steelers 4-22 (one playoff loss)

vs Ravens 7-19

vs Bengals 9-17

vs Jags 1-5

vs titans 1-5

OSU kid - hold on, the former fo's of the past screwed the Browns over many times.

THIS FO - has only been building the Browns into a contender. You only have so many draft picks in one or two years to start with only about

four bigtime players...

All those drafts before, Junkin, Braylon, blah blah blah blah bs..... and no oline means one thing: That the Browns' offense

couldn't block to run, and couldn't block to pass. Whoever the poor qb is, gets his ass slammed to the turf before he has a chance to run the play...

or the rb loses a yard, or there's a holding call to keep the qb from going on IR.

Any rollout to the right is subject to complete disaster or throwing the ball away...... I don't mean to diss Pashos - he's a player, but he shouldn't be at ORT.

The Browns' offense is a bigtime RT and blue chippie uncoverable speedster catch everything wr away from being a very good offense, as long as Hillis is

there.

The defense needs a Sheard type DE on the other side... and a shut down cb, and a blue chippie, sideline to sideline buttkicking lb.

That's a short list, as compared to two years ago. The list back then was most positions on the team, except for about three.

The Browns will win on Sunday.

The Browns win. I GUARANTEE IT.

Call me an idiot, but I think the Browns have a chance to win Sunday.

All yinz Brahns fans from Ahya be trippin. (All of you Browns fans from Ohio are on LSD.)

Dick's Picks:

PIT over CLE.

CIN over BAL, leading to a historic PIT / BAL / CIN playoff.

Damn, it kinda sucks being the Browns when every other team in the Division makes the playoffs. . . . .

Take comfort my dear Browns fans coz I'm virtually always wrong with my predictions.

In all honesty, if I were a playing on the Browns for this upcoming game, I would be out to hurt somebody. Like grabbing Charlie Batch's facemask with both hands and dragging him to ground as I am falling. Or a nasty horse collar sack, or absolutely spearing Mike Wallace like Brian Russell did to Chad Johnson and just take the fine.

go FXXK urself 'dick in ur mellon'.

ur a stooler fan that does nothing but incite us with ur phony ass postings.

go FXXK yinz sister u tool shed inbreed.

i'd luv to meet u so i could smash your mug like a rotten MELLON. piece of shit. i spit on everything you believe in.

go FXXK urself 'dick in ur mellon'.

ur a stooler fan that does nothing but incite us with ur phony ass postings.

go FXXK yinz sister u tool shed inbreed.

i'd luv to meet u so i could smash your mug like a rotten MELLON. piece of shit. i spit on everything you believe in.

Thanks for your kind and thoughtful reply.

I never bought-in to that whole Pittsburgh must hate Cleveland thing.

It always seemed to me that those two rust belt cities had more in common than any two others.

People who are fans of both PIT and CLE are a minority, but we do exist. I know coz I have met other PIT/CLE fans.

But, to be clear . . I was a fan of CLE last season when they were fun to watch.

I have not found anything about CLE this season to be a fan of.

The Browns suck, which is disappointing.

So, not only do I not hate Cleveland, but I would hope that the Browns would rise to the status of of rival, rather than being PIT/BAL, and now even CIN's bitch / whipping boys.

To the topic at hand:

Serial rapist, Roethlisberger did a full practice yesterday with the First team and is expected to play for 25-30 snaps. . . .

. . . not that it matters who the QB is. . . all three QB's will dress and probably get some work in. . .

All yinz Brahns fans from Ahya be trippin. (All of you Browns fans from Ohio are on LSD.)

CIN over BAL, leading to a historic PIT / BAL / CIN playoff.

Damn, it kinda sucks being the Browns when every other team in the Division makes the playoffs.

This happened in 1989...before replay & Goodell took over. Cle, Hou, & Pitt all made the playoffs.Before the "Rooney Rule" that says 5 teams will be screwed over & one of them shall be Cleveland.

This happened in 1989...before replay & Goodell took over. Cle, Hou, & Pitt all made the playoffs.Before the "Rooney Rule" that says 5 teams will be screwed over & one of them shall be Cleveland.

The Rooney Rule deals with manditory interviews with minority candidates in a coaching search. To my knowledge, there is no rule that screws teams out of playoff spots.

In a perfect world, teams with sub .500 records will be barred from participating in the playoffs (even if they're division champions) and replaced by teams with winning records.

The Rooney Rule deals with manditory interviews with minority candidates in a coaching search. To my knowledge, there is no rule that screws teams out of playoff spots.

In a perfect world, teams with sub .500 records will be barred from participating in the playoffs (even if they're division champions) and replaced by teams with winning records.

Thats not a perfect world. That makes no sense.

If you win your division, you get in. Those are the rules, and thats what makes sense. That's why divisions exist.

That's what the Wild Card is for.

Since 1933 only one team with a losing record has appeared in the post season in a non-strike year. That was last year when the Seahawks made it with their 7-9 record. (in 1982 2 teams made it with losing records....one of them being the Browns...but the NFL had a strike and only played 9 games, so they expanded the playoffs to I think 16 teams instead of the usual 10 that made it at that time.

So, it has not been a problem historically. When the league went to Four 4 team divisions in each conference that situation was going to eventually happen, and it did. A few .500 teams have made the playoffs in non-strike years (ncluding the 1985 Browns)

Since Iam concerned about the Ravens' game in Cincinnati, I will be rooting hard for the Browns in this one. I too think they can win. They played hard on Thursday night in Pittsburgh the last time the teams faced off, and I think that with a wobbly Ben and Seneca under center, the Browns pose a legitimate threat to the Steelers. Peyton Hillis gashed a pretty good Ravens' defense last week and if he gets going, he is perfectly capable of doing the same to Pittsburgh. I like Seneca's mobility in the pocket, and it was one of the things that worried me about the matchup last week against the Ravens. Had Colt played last week, I truly believe the score would have been 31-7. But Wallace brings a different look, and could pose problems for the older, slower Steelers. Anyway, I will be rooting hard for the Browns this weekend, because no matter what the Ravens do, a Browns victory ensures the Steelers are no better then the 5 seed. GO BROWNS!!!!!

actually, if the ravens win, it doesn't matter how the browns/steelers game ends up.

Yeh, that's how I see it as well.. . .

I like CIN this season, and I like the way ole Mr. Brown handled the whole Carson Palmer thing.

CIN has demonstrated the virtue of continuity of a coaching staff . . .

. . .for example . . .

In spite of CIN going, what? .. 2-14 last season, they kept their coaching staff but let all of their stars in the passing game leave the team.

They made some great draft picks at QB and WR, swept the Browns and are now making a playoff run.

CLE, on the other hand, in spite of their coaching staff helping the Browns improve in virtually every statistical category, on both sides of the ball, dismissed the coaches in favor of this Shurmur guy who had never accomplished anything in his fucking life.

On a positive note, CLE's defensive play has been strong, keeping CLE in every game, only to allow the offense to lose every game.

Go PIT and CIN!

The old and lazy Steelers need a week off!

WOW- Goolie i am going to sound like you on this one..

Not a chance in living hell we win this game...

reason why

1. Uhh Pitt is A LOT BETTER

2. Joe Thomas is going ice fishing as soon as the game ends

3. Hillis is house hunting in Indy, and his plan leaves at 7pm. He is pissed the game got pushed back, so he will fake a injury so he can catch a plan out of Cleveland

4. Haden is tryin to catch a plan down to Florida ASAP so he can catch the OSU-Florida game

5. Uhh Pitt is REALLY A LOT BETTER THAN US, AND THEY ARE PLAYING FOR SOMETHING

6. Shurmer knows how big our draft pick is, and will fuck up the gameplan some how someway

7. Wallace is our QB ( thou better than Colt)

8. Omar epps is Pitts Coach

9. Factory of Sadness

10. We are the Browns

Pitt Crushes the Brownies

38-11

why the game isn't on yet.

This is the sad situation we are in now where we have to worry about Steelers fans hopefully not showing up to OUR home game. It is pathetic what this FO has down to this franchise. I will be there Sunday hopefully there wont be 15-20000 steeler fans as well. But there are a ton of tickets for sale online...I used to blame the fans for this but I dont anymore I dont blame them a bit, this FO just stinks. They have turned this great franchise into a laughing stock that is never even mentioned nationally anymore.

We need to be able to compete in the division and since we have yet to have a winning record in this division since our return in '99 then every year will be the same this has to change.

22-68 inside the division since '99 unreal. Only 3 seasons at .500 5-5 in 2001 when the Jags and Titans were still in the division, 3-3 in 2002 and 3-3 in 2007.

The Browns records in division since 1999

vs Steelers 4-22 (one playoff loss)

vs Ravens 7-19

vs Bengals 9-17

vs Jags 1-5

vs titans 1-5

Ummm.....that wasn't done by this FO; that distinction was rock solid long before this FO took control.

WOW- Goolie i am going to sound like you on this one..

Not a chance in living hell we win this game...

reason why

1. Uhh Pitt is A LOT BETTER

2. Joe Thomas is going ice fishing as soon as the game ends

3. Hillis is house hunting in Indy, and his plan leaves at 7pm. He is pissed the game got pushed back, so he will fake a injury so he can catch a plan out of Cleveland

4. Haden is tryin to catch a plan down to Florida ASAP so he can catch the OSU-Florida game

5. Uhh Pitt is REALLY A LOT BETTER THAN US, AND THEY ARE PLAYING FOR SOMETHING

6. Shurmer knows how big our draft pick is, and will fuck up the gameplan some how someway

7. Wallace is our QB ( thou better than Colt)

8. Omar epps is Pitts Coach

9. Factory of Sadness

10. We are the Browns

Pitt Crushes the Brownies

38-11

ok I was wrong about the final score..Thank god we needed get crushed

Anyways, but I did call a couple of things in my top 10

Number 2,6,7 I nailed on the head!!!!!

Pittsburgh enjoy beating the shit out of the Browns now

Coming soon is a man named

RG3

He alone will change the Factory of Sadness

you're a loud-mouth idiot. you got nothing right in your list of crap.

and no, you're little love interest, RG3 is not coming to cleveland. so you'll have to settle for the cute guy in sophomore math with dreads and the big smile who you've always had a crush on.

what a dolt.

oh wait!!! i just heard the broncos are putting tebow on the trading block. ooooh weeee!!! maybe the browns can get him too!?! then you can spend the weekend down in your mom's basement with your pants around your ankle.

How can our offense be that terrible? Listening to the game it sounded like our defense really wanted to win. Then we'd just punt the ball back to the Stoolers.

The defense is the only reason we have actually been in games this year. They were pumped up for this game. They played well.

Holmgren will turn around the offense next year. Watch it!

Archived