THE BROWNS BOARD

We Are Ranked 6Th...

ClevelandBigDawg

In points allowed on the season, and 29th in points scored. Can we please get some offensive players in here this offseason.

That is all.

Keep in mind that the Browns "points allowed" is hugely impacted by the fact that the opposing team doesn't have to score much to beat them. When you can play "ball control" offense from the opening kick-off and still beat the opponent, there is no need to play aggressive.

Keep in mind that the Browns "points allowed" is hugely impacted by the fact that the opposing team doesn't have to score much to beat them. When you can play "ball control" offense from the opening kick-off and still beat the opponent, there is no need to play aggressive.

While there is truth to that... you have to give our young defense some credit. They aren't ranked that high ONLY because the poor offense and poor run defense. They have had a few nice goaline stands that kept points off the board, and have made some nice stops in key situations. Unfortunately, they have also given up big plays at big times. But they do deserve some credit for easily outshining the offense the entire season

that is bull siht. 6th is 6th not 6th with an asterisk

yea man that's really only a half truth. While it may be the case in some regards, plenty of teams play with the never stop scoring mentality and go out there to score 100 points each week. What is a better argument is that we've played an overall easier set of teams. But either way I don't think many people can disagree that offense is a 10x bigger need than defense

yea man that's really only a half truth. While it may be the case in some regards, plenty of teams play with the never stop scoring mentality and go out there to score 100 points each week. What is a better argument is that we've played an overall easier set of teams. But either way I don't think many people can disagree that offense is a 10x bigger need than defense

Very true but its just like the Patriots league worst defense (in yards) is an indication that teams are always coming from behind. You can't hang on a stat just because it portrays a scenario you like. The real stat is that the Browns D allowed the opposing team to score more points in 12 out of 16 games.

Very true but its just like the Patriots league worst defense (in yards) is an indication that teams are always coming from behind. You can't hang on a stat just because it portrays a scenario you like. The real stat is that the Browns D allowed the opposing team to score more points in 12 out of 16 games.

oh yea I mean I completely agree, the only stat that matters is wins and losses. But a stat that's clear to see is that the two top seeds in the playoffs (Pats and Packers) are 31st and dead last in total defense. It's obvious that to win games in today's NFL offense is way more important than defense. I don't think we have a world beater defense but they keep us in games consistently. Just imagine if they actually weren't on the field all the times and we could score more than 13.9 points a game.

oh yea I mean I completely agree, the only stat that matters is wins and losses. But a stat that's clear to see is that the two top seeds in the playoffs (Pats and Packers) are 31st and dead last in total defense. It's obvious that to win games in today's NFL offense is way more important than defense. I don't think we have a world beater defense but they keep us in games consistently. Just imagine if they actually weren't on the field all the times and we could score more than 13.9 points a game.

You are missing the big picture. This year the top two teams have given up the most yards on defense, but most years that is not the case. Plus, the Packers really aren't the 31st ranked defense. Most teams get behind early against the packers and are forced to throw, which racks up lots of yards. The Packers are ranked 12th in points allowed and the Patriots are 14th in points allowed - which is also a telling statistic. The Packers defense will show up in the playoffs but I would be worried if I'm the Patriots. Their defense isn't good enough to win them a Super Bowl..

You need a good offense to win games, but you also need a good defense to win championships. There are very few exceptions..

Archived