THE BROWNS BOARD

Afc North

OSU Kid

The Browns are close and have been for a few years now, but with the continuing changes in QB's and Coaches there is no consistency. Holmgren should have given Mangini another 2 years to develop Colt and that offense. The Defense was looking pretty good last year and it did this year too, but again changing from a 3-4 to 4-3 means they had to drop players and add new ones to fit in their new scheme. It boggles the mind as to why the Browns dont just build through the draft and let the Qb and coach stay in place. I think Shurmur is doing a fair job, but its going to take time to put together a winning formula and get everyone on the same page. I just hope for your sakes there isnt any significant changes this off-season. However, from an article I recently read, Shurmur really likes RGIII.

The Browns are close and have been for a few years now, but with the continuing changes in QB's and Coaches there is no consistency. Holmgren should have given Mangini another 2 years to develop Colt and that offense. The Defense was looking pretty good last year and it did this year too, but again changing from a 3-4 to 4-3 means they had to drop players and add new ones to fit in their new scheme. It boggles the mind as to why the Browns dont just build through the draft and let the Qb and coach stay in place. I think Shurmur is doing a fair job, but its going to take time to put together a winning formula and get everyone on the same page. I just hope for your sakes there isnt any significant changes this off-season. However, from an article I recently read, Shurmur really likes RGIII.

Being compared to a shorter faster Big Ben and honestly even though I agree with needing to stick with a QB and Coach for more than one or two seasons we should take a top QB if they think he can be great instead of sticking with someone who were hoping to be average.

Schurmer is doing a fair job???????????????????? What team are you watching? 13 points a game on average isn't going to win more than 4 games a year. Schurmer is supposed to be this great play caller, but I sure haven't seen it at all. He's a horrible clock manager, lacks passion and fire. The guy is an emotionless, gutless, robot.

The "Fire" is only an issue when the team is losing. The play calling, however, is just terrible. I mean really.

The first down, off-set I is sooooo predictable it is almost a guaranteed loss of yards, and yet Shurmur continues to run it, with no variations.

Plus, the 5 yard outs when they need 8 or 10 is just mind-boggling.

A smarter and more aggressive OC will be nice.

The "Fire" is only an issue when the team is losing. The play calling, however, is just terrible. I mean really.

The first down, off-set I is sooooo predictable it is almost a guaranteed loss of yards, and yet Shurmur continues to run it, with no variations.

Plus, the 5 yard outs when they need 8 or 10 is just mind-boggling.

A smarter and more aggressive OC will be nice.

+1

Archived