THE BROWNS BOARD

Do The Colts Firing The Polians Help Or Hurt Us Getting Luck?

Cobra Kai

Their GM was gun ho on taking Luck, so it just tosses it up in the air if they draft him or trade the pick.

Does that mean Colt's owner, Irsay, is gung ho on going with Manning, if he clears his medical exam?

Hmm...

If so, I just don't see how Luck is going to be happy happy joy joy with holding Manning's clipboard and water bottle for a year... or two...

... or maybe more?

Luck wants to be a starter, beginning Day One of OTA's.

If Indianapolis tries to draft Luck, he'll tell them, (or his Dad will tell them,) "Go fuck yourselves. I'm not going to be Manning's little bitch. You either trade me down for a shitload of extra picks to somebody who needs a starting QB IMMEDIATELY, or I'll just sit out another year, and you won't get diddly shit in this first round. What's your choice?"

If Manning gets his $28 million bonus on March 8, 2012, they'll immediately get a call from Luck's Dad, telling them to piss off.

I'd d shocked if they didn't go for Luck. Seriously, these guys tanked the entire season to get this choad. Change the season long plan now?

I don't see that happening.

WSS

Choad eh? You think Luck is overrated?

(take into consideration that no one could ever live up to the media scrutiny of him)

Umm before you get all lovey dovey about the Polians, maybe you should review their recents drafts. Awful might come to mind as something to describe them.

Sure. I expect there is a reason this team is 2-14....without P. Manning they were the worst team in the league. I guess that says it all.

The Polian father and son got fired from Indianapolis, on Monday...

Does that help or hurt our chances at grabbing Andrew Luck?

Your thoughts...

My thoughts are yes its more likely they are to trade doesnt mean it will happen. Reason I think this is if Manning is healthy no way a new GM comes in and lets him go as one of his first acts so if Manning is healthy he will be on the Colts next yr. With Polian a release or trade if he was healthy was far more plausible. If Manning isnt healthy of course all bets are off. Also, Reggie Wayne is likely gone and Robert Mathis I think is a FA plus rumors are that 2 Colts offensive lineman may retire if all those things occur then they will need all the picks they can get to fill those positions plus the already known holes they had. A new GM would say the value in trading the #1 pick to restock the team when you already have a arguably the best QB in the game healthy and ready to go. So I think it increases the chances of them trading but that doesnt mean it happens with us or even happens at all.

Shefter actually said this morning the Browns were in the hunt to get Payton Manning?

I wouldn't be mad with that if the Colts ended up releasing him instead of trying to trade him and we could just sign him in FA. I we have to give up two first round draft picks I want it to be for someone who is going to be in the league for more than 5 more seasons.

he does still have a year left of eligibility... leverage.. (and Eli Manning did it when the Chargers picked him). so yes, it absolutely does.

Once you declare, you can't go back to college, so eligibility will matter not.

We are not getting Andrew Luck, this thread is useless.

Yeah, they must really suck. Years and years of playoff appearances, two super bowls and one title are pretty shitty results. Lord knows we don't need that in Browns town.

Most of that is Manning, their recent drafts have been horrible. If you dont believe me look them up yourself.

Most of that is Manning, their recent drafts have been horrible. If you dont believe me look them up yourself.

thats a matter of opinion. frankly, i'd take their track record of 10+ years of playoff appearances in a row to anything our goons have done. you can try to mitigate that as being all on manning, but thats myopic to say the least. there's 21 other guys....unless manning has been snapping himself the ball, taking handoffs, catching passes, returning punts,.....etc.

of course QB is an important part, no team succeeds without one. they built a team for manning...shortsighted? maybe...but it brought a championship.

if your only angle is that theyve missed some picks in "recent" drafts, then by that criteria not a single current GM is employable. its not like heckert has tore it up either bro....

thats a matter of opinion. frankly, i'd take their track record of 10+ years of playoff appearances in a row to anything our goons have done. you can try to mitigate that as being all on manning, but thats myopic to say the least. there's 21 other guys....unless manning has been snapping himself the ball, taking handoffs, catching passes, returning punts,.....etc.

of course QB is an important part, no team succeeds without one. they built a team for manning...shortsighted? maybe...but it brought a championship.

if your only angle is that theyve missed some picks in "recent" drafts, then by that criteria not a single current GM is employable. its not like heckert has tore it up either bro....

Sometimes I like to tuck my weiner up inside my body when I post and call myself "CantonLegend".

Archived