THE BROWNS BOARD

The Devil Inside Review

The Devil Inside

Insource

R 87 min

Hey Farrelly brothers, Wes Craven and Keanu Reeves: here’s a heads up. If you guys are hoping to grab the distinction of the worst film I see this year you have some stiff competition already. Oh I realize it’s a pretty easy task to take shots at horror flicks since most of them suck, but this one sucks in a truly outstanding way.

Here’s what I guess happened. Some no talent bum (I assume it’s the writer/director William Brent Bell) with a Best Buy camcorder and a laptop with a movie program found the profit sheet from PARANORMAL ACTIVITY or BLAIR WITCH PROJECT and (assuming he can read) figured out that it’s possible to make a lot of money with pure garbage. He talks to some producers (assuming they CAN’T read) with a little money and less good taste and bingo: we have a green light.

Like the aforementioned stinkers THE DEVIL INSIDE is a faux documentary and this one is about a grisly murder and demonic possession. Oh it’s based on the actual event which is there was a 911 call made. That’s about it.

Just for laughs the film opens with a disclaimer stating the Catholic Church didn’t sanction this turkey. Yeah big surprise. I’d imagine old Beelzebub himself wouldn’t want to be associated with crap like this either.

Isabella (Fernanda Andrade) is investigating a strange case. Her mother, years before, freaked out and killed a handful of people either because of mental breakdown or demonic possession. Our heroine has decided to travel across the sea to visit the looney bin where mom now lives and to shoot an amateur documentary on the ordeal. That’s this film supposedly.

She, along with her cameraman and a couple priests willing to help outside the papal sanction set out to determine if it’s actually the prince of darkness involved or if mom’s just crazy as a sh**house rat. At least I can promise you that if you waste your seven bucks (which is a 22 ounce glass of good beer) then you’re on par with that restroom rodent.

The camera work is intended to be terrible as to invoke the home made quality and in that they succeed. Hell it’s worse than a youtube video.

There really are no special effects besides the fact that they found a double jointed girl who could pull her legs behind her head, though I bet that talent night be more useful in another type of film. Ahem…

Anyway it’s complete garbage from beginning to end with not even so much as a startling BOO! Deadly boring from the first seconds, this is one you could walk out of at any time with no regrets but I leaned in ant took one for the team.

At least it’s only 87 minutes long.

Terrible.

F

WSS

westsidesteve@aol.com

Archived