THE BROWNS BOARD

#4 #22

The Gipper

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Now you have three guys that want to kick your ass.

Do you like tailgates?

Zombo

Nope, but I'm going to be hoopin later at the Y on Detroit. Feel free to stop on up. I'm a white guy with some tats, I'll be in the gym. If you want in just tell them that you want to check the place out. Come on the court and ask for Jesse. I'll be there around 4 or so, probably til about 6 or 7. Stop on up pussy.

Oh my God.

It's Quinn-Anderson all over again.

Really? There were people who thought either one of those guys were good? You guys are dumber than I thought. I knew from day one that both were garbage. I gave Quinn the benefit of the doubt because Weiss was so sold on him but Anderson was a no brainer garbage QB.

Nope, but I'm going to be hoopin later at the Y on Detroit. Feel free to stop on up. I'm a white guy with some tats, I'll be in the gym. If you want in just tell them that you want to check the place out. Come on the court and ask for Jesse. I'll be there around 4 or so, probably til about 6 or 7. Stop on up pussy.

Thanks for describing your body at the YMCA for me, Jesse, but I live in Naples, Florida. In a deluxe double-wide. The kinfolk only let me fly up for the tailgates, that's why I'm asking. Unless, of course, it interferes with the Possum Fest that weekend.

Zombo

Thanks for describing your body at the YMCA for me, Jesse, but I live in Naples, Florida. In a deluxe double-wide. The kinfolk only let me fly up for the tailgates, that's why I'm asking. Unless, of course, it interferes with the Possum Fest that weekend.

Zombo

So people get their kicks talking shit on the internet when they know they live hundreds of miles from everybody else. Am I the only true Clevelander in this place???? I can't do anything for you if you're too big of a pussy to say something to someones face. I'm done, if you ever actually make your way up to Cleveland from that hell hole of Florida let me know. Thanks

Zombo

Shhh... he doesn't believe people live anywhere other than Cleveland.

Then again, he doesn't have a bet with you to puss out on, so maybe he'll believe you.

So people get their kicks talking shit on the internet when they know they live hundreds of miles from everybody else. Am I the only true Clevelander in this place???? I can't do anything for you if you're too big of a pussy to say something to someones face. I'm done, if you ever actually make your way up to Cleveland from that hell hole of Florida let me know. Thanks

Someone that works out at the "Y on Detroit" is calling Naples a hell hole? Alrighty then.

My face will be at the tailgate for the home opener next year. There's a map on the site. I'm the white guy with the bib overalls and a hayseed sticking out of my mouth.

Zombo

I'd rather get a feared linebacker EARLY in the draft. One that will make our LB's much more improved. I don't think that we need a DE early in the draft, I tend to think that Marcus Benard will be the piece that we need opposite Sheard. Marcus was a beast for us and getting better every game until his accident. The guy will improve the line when he comes back for us.

I feel that drafting an OLB really high tends to not work out. I mean, yes, there is Clay3, but I think he's a rarity compared to guys like Von Miller and Aaron Curry.

Dude sorry Cleveland sucks. I know it's going to piss people off, but everyone in that city are Debbie downers and make mountains out of molehills.

I feel that drafting an OLB really high tends to not work out. I mean, yes, there is Clay3, but I think he's a rarity compared to guys like Von Miller and Aaron Curry.

I know what you mean, but have the Browns EVER drafted a Linebacker in the first since coming back in 99? I just want our version of a Clay Matthews, a Ray Lewis, a Patrick Willis... you know what I mean? I love DQ but he is not the above named, he is Good maybe even great, but with one of the above beside him I think DQ becomes ELITE... just sayin' :)

Could Hightower or Burfict fit the mold of what we are looking for out of a LB or should we continue to wait for one, or should we look for another GoCong in FA? I know it sounds like I'm bitching but I'm not really, just looking for solutions...

Could Hightower or Burfict fit the mold of what we are looking for out of a LB or should we continue to wait for one, or should we look for another GoCong in FA? I know it sounds like I'm bitching but I'm not really, just looking for solutions...

We need a speedy linebacker to stop runningbacks from getting to the edge. Hightower isn't fast and Burfict has major character issues. Zach Brown is an OLB out of UNC that is projected to go in the first round and is a true 4-3 LB. He also is listed as having run a ridiculous 4.48 40 - which is wide receiver type speed at a linebacker position. I'm not really sure about any others..

I always suspected that Cleveland sports fans were the dumbest in the country, but this place proves it. You people are against picking a QB with great potential with the 4th pick but you people would rather have who? Blackmon? Richardson? Who? Who are we supposed to take in order to help the Browns win a super bowl? Do RB's win super Bowls? NO. Do WR's win super Bowls? No.

Cleveland fans are by all measures some of the most astute, intelligent sports fans in the nation. Because of how bad our teams have been we have become more adept at analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of a sports team than most others. Fans of a winning team have nothing to do but say "rah, rah, we won". We have to be oh so much more critical and analytical.

In terms of picking a QB with all this great potential that you claim he has, the fact is we have been there, done that and am wary of all these glowing reports about how great a top drafted player is. In the past 12 drafts, the Browns have had choices in the top 3 of the draft on 5 occasions....and we got a bust in Tim Couch, a bust in Courtney Brown, a bust in Gerard Warren, a bust in Braylon Edwards, and a hit in Joe Thomas.

And at QB the Browns have gone for the franchise savior, Brady Quinn with their first round pick.

Perhaps now you can figure out why Cleveland fans may be skeptical and wary of all these "can't miss" draft prospects at the top of the draft. Let's just say that they are "easily able to miss" draft prospects rather than can't miss prospects.

So pardon us if we don't immediately kowtow to your way of thinking on any particular draft selection....be it a QB or otherwise.

We need a speedy linebacker to stop runningbacks from getting to the edge. Hightower isn't fast and Burfict has major character issues. Zach Brown is an OLB out of UNC that is projected to go in the first round and is a true 4-3 LB. He also is listed as having run a ridiculous 4.48 40 - which is wide receiver type speed at a linebacker position. I'm not really sure about any others..

Wow, that's a fast Linebacker(Zach Brown)!

If the only thing about Burfict is that he has "character concerns", do we really want to pass on the guy? Wouldn't him coming onto a team with the standup DQ, Fujita and GoCong do wonders for his character? I've heard that he's a soft spoken, polite individual until he puts on the pads.... that's hardly "headcase material". Even if he is a headcase, isn't Ray Lewis? He was a mess until after his "murder" incident, and look at the beast Ray Lewis has been for the last decade... I'll take Burfict if that's his only downfall... would you?

Wow, that's a fast Linebacker(Zach Brown)!

If the only thing about Burfict is that he has "character concerns", do we really want to pass on the guy? Wouldn't him coming onto a team with the standup DQ, Fujita and GoCong do wonders for his character? I've heard that he's a soft spoken, polite individual until he puts on the pads.... that's hardly "headcase material". Even if he is a headcase, isn't Ray Lewis? He was a mess until after his "murder" incident, and look at the beast Ray Lewis has been for the last decade... I'll take Burfict if that's his only downfall... would you?

Unless we move DQ to OLB, Burfict won't have a place to play.

Unless we move DQ to OLB, Burfict won't have a place to play.

What would be the pros and cons of moving Burfict to the outside, or even moving DQ to the outside? Would it make that much difference. Aren't all the pieces interchangeable in that on some plays you blitz the middle and on others the outside? Some plays are designed to run a man coverage with certain linebackers and in other run a zone? Could we not fit our Defense to incorporate both of these linebackers? Because if we could it would make our defense faster and more aggressive for sure.

You know last year everyone expected us to take AJ Green or Julio Jones in the draft at 7... we didn't do what everyone thought we would. It was a draft day shocker and we wound up having one of the best drafts in recent memory. What if we were to select any two of Quinton Couples/Burfict/Zach Brown/Donta Hightower with our first two picks then Minnifeild with our 2nd rounder? Would that give us an ELITE DEFENSE?

Of course that would entail selecting a promising young OL in the 3rd round(where we got Pinkston if I remember correctly), and addressing the Wide Receiver position in FA... It's just a thought... Heckert would approve I'm sure, as would Dick Jauron. :wub: LOL

What would be the pros and cons of moving Burfict to the outside, or even moving DQ to the outside? Would it make that much difference. Aren't all the pieces interchangeable in that on some plays you blitz the middle and on others the outside? Some plays are designed to run a man coverage with certain linebackers and in other run a zone? Could we not fit our Defense to incorporate both of these linebackers? Because if we could it would make our defense faster and more aggressive for sure.

You know last year everyone expected us to take AJ Green or Julio Jones in the draft at 7... we didn't do what everyone thought we would. It was a draft day shocker and we wound up having one of the best drafts in recent memory. What if we were to select any two of Quinton Couples/Burfict/Zach Brown/Donta Hightower with our first two picks then Minnifeild with our 2nd rounder? Would that give us an ELITE DEFENSE?

Of course that would entail selecting a promising young OL in the 3rd round(where we got Pinkston if I remember correctly), and addressing the Wide Receiver position in FA... It's just a thought... Heckert would approve I'm sure, as would Dick Jauron. :wub: LOL

The idea of bumping DQ to OLB has been tossed around a few. It all comes down to coverages, really. The best defense to bump a LB like DQ over in would be the 4-3. 4-3 LB's are asked to cover more than they are to blitz. They're more the traditional LB that comes to mind.

As I posted earlier, I expect RG3 to fall to us and for us to trade back and acquire either an early second round pick along with another pick in next year's draft. We could conceivably go Alshon Jeffery, Zach Brown, Vinny Curry, and Andrew Datko. According to most mocks that I've seen, our picks would align perfectly to address our glaring needs: WR, OLB, DE, and OT.

Von Miller is a leader of the Broncos defense and a Pro Bowler. And Curry after getting traded started making plays.

Are you a Clevelander? People have accused you of being a Steeler fan, am I wrong? Please correct me if I am mistaken. I would not want to place any sort of harsh judgment upon you if that is not the case. If it is the case, then no judgment can be harsh enough.

Vinny Curry and Andrew Datko I must admit that I don't know much about... is Vinny by chance a brother to Aaron Curry the linebacker?

Outside of Jackson our linebacking core is the weakest position on the team, IMO even more so than say CB or WR. I like Maiava a lot, GoCong I don't see as having a much higher ceiling than from what we've seen from him already.

We need a fast, strong, smart, hardhitting, ball-catching, TE covering monster of a Linebacker in a Cleveland Browns Helmet next season! Somebody that runningbacks cringe and run away from, someone who cracks heads and asks questions later... A bigger, on HGH and Steroids with dangerously high levels of testosterone- T.J. Ward...@ Linebacker.

I sure wish we would have pulled the trigger on D. Bowers to go opposite Jabaal Sheard last draft... I heard he's beasted out now... figures...

Vinny Curry and Andrew Datko I must admit that I don't know much about... is Vinny by chance a brother to Aaron Curry the linebacker?

Outside of Jackson our linebacking core is the weakest position on the team, IMO even more so than say CB or WR. I like Maiava a lot, GoCong I don't see as having a much higher ceiling than from what we've seen from him already.

We need a fast, strong, smart, hardhitting, ball-catching, TE covering monster of a Linebacker in a Cleveland Browns Helmet next season! Somebody that runningbacks cringe and run away from, someone who cracks heads and asks questions later... A bigger, on HGH and Steroids with dangerously high levels of testosterone- T.J. Ward...@ Linebacker.

I sure wish we would have pulled the trigger on D. Bowers to go opposite Jabaal Sheard last draft... I heard he's beasted out now... figures...

...before I get chewed out I have to say that I know Bowers was a DE and NOT a linebacker, I was just stating that it would be nice to have him, as I think that would have finished our line. It would be a position that we wouldn't have to focus on this year which would open another position of need to be filled, is all.

I've gotta be honest, I'm not incredibly impressed with the talent coming out in the draft this year, anyone else feel that way? I would say that in relation to recent drafts. There are a few STELLAR players that I would be happy with, no doubt. Just overall, I feel like this isn't the deepest strongest draft in recent memory at least in the first round...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62GLzJBMsow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ6u6gGEtoU

I love Hillis but I think this kid IS the real deal. Sign me up for Richardson @ #4! I'm sold.

This is my pick at #22 ... watch at 2:00 minutes Vontaze takes off Marecic's Head...

Are you a Clevelander? People have accused you of being a Steeler fan, am I wrong? Please correct me if I am mistaken. I would not want to place any sort of harsh judgment upon you if that is not the case. If it is the case, then no judgment can be harsh enough.

I think I'm the only Clevelander in this whole place. Everyone else claims to be from all over the east coast. I'm involved in a couple of the downtown revitalization projects. I would never leave Cleveland, love this place.

Richardson is garbage. Anyone can look good in the highlight film. I can't think of one thing except that late 4th quarter run that he did well in the national championship game. RB's are a dime a dozen, pick up an undrafted free agent or grab a RB in the 7th round and we'll be fine.

Richardson is garbage. Anyone can look good in the highlight film. I can't think of one thing except that late 4th quarter run that he did well in the national championship game. RB's are a dime a dozen, pick up an undrafted free agent or grab a RB in the 7th round and we'll be fine.

Show me a 6th rounder like this and I'll agree with you. The kid is amazing, if you can't see that then tell me what you're watching...

Archived