THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama Hid Lavish Party During Tough Economic Times

Pumpkin Eater

From Fox News:

The event, so over the top that "Star Wars" creator George Lucas loaned out the original Chewbacca costume from the legendary film for an unknown participant to wear, was covered by a front event for the press in which the first couple handed out candy to trick or treaters. The president did not don a costume to that event, but first lady Michelle Obama wore a leopard-print sweater, cat ears and sparkly eye makeup.

Inside, at the invitation-only affair for children of military personnel and White House administrators, the State Dining Room served as Wonderland while Depp greeted guests from a table-top and Burton decorated the White House "in his signature creepy-comic style."

According to the book, fruit punch was served in blood vials and a magic show was held for the kids in the East Room.

...When will the madness stop? Fruit punch? Magic shows for kids?

Are you guys really serious? If I didn't know any better, I'd think that story was a joke. It reads like parody.

Oh, my God! Johnny Depp went to a White House party! It was so lavish it had (wait for it) ..costumes! And tablecloths! And a layered cake!

What will the MSM hide next?

As much as you would like to believe it isn't true, it is not a a parody dufus.

It happened.

The "let them eat cake" ref is very valid.

It's more the last straw. You see, the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars,

on vacation and vacation and golf and parties, and traveling and vacation and more gold and it all adds up to

living life far more expensively than any other presidential family ever has. Ever.

And that says, ""We got ours, and everybody else can suck a rock. ha ha"

The same vacations and golf and parties would be an absoltue, acroos the board outrage in

liberal/progressive/leftist circles.

Remember the outrage when Bush went on vacation to his ranch during the depression?

.....goes back to what I've said.

Liberals are in a rage of wasteful, insolent spending because it's wrong and sends a "let them eat cake" message.

If it is Republicans. But if it's a Dem.... it's "ha ha, who cares". The difference is emotion. They like Clinton and Obamao, so anything they do is fine.

They hated Bush and Cheney and Reagan, and anything they did was an outrage. No principles. No values. No core beliefs.

Just the big flip flop depending on which way the conflitcing emotions sail...

and that is the ultimate political hypocrisy that is hurting this country badly.

I'm quite certain I never posted about a Bush Halloween party for area children and military families. This stuff is routine in every White House.

Perhaps we should start serving fish sticks at the State Dinners, too. "Here you go, President Hu. It's Swansons!"

Get a life. Seriously.

Kiss my ass. Seriously.

The White House hid this party, where the Obama children attended with their friends. However, more humble Halloween festivities earlier in the day were publicly announced and well-attended by members of the press.

Who the fuck cares about Bush's parties. He never hid them. He's also not the current president.

But

"We all must make sacrifices"

Heck is in denial, because he was at the party and doen't want anyone to know about it.

Michelle thought he was the hedghog and hit him with her croquet mallet. But it didn't stop there, there is more embarrassing stuff yet to be told.

Really?

I have been traveling lately a lot for work and I thought I would poke in...... my goodness.

The White House routinely makes decisions about whats important to disclose..... a Halloween party? Thats what this thread is about?

The President by waking up costs us tons of money every day........ This is a little bit odd that you are politicizing this.

Just my thoughts

So you don't find it weird that a president that preaches we all must make sacrifices and government transparency threw a secret, lavish party for his kids? :unsure:

Well, you also don't find it strange that Al Gore preached about global warming but had a house that consumed 26X the electricity of the average house, so it doesn't surprise me.

So you don't find it weird that a president that preaches we all must make sacrifices and government transparency threw a secret, lavish party for his kids? :unsure:

Well, you also don't find it strange that Al Gore preached about global warming but had a house that consumed 26X the electricity of the average house, so it doesn't surprise me.

No, I don't. And I still don't see how that party was lavish. And I also don't see the giant conspiracy to keep it secret that some nut at Andrew Breitbart's website sees. So no. Not at all. The whole thing is laughable.

And the Gore thing is also pointless. You can't talk to a Republican about global warming without them mentioning Al Gore, and Al Gore's house, and Al Gore's jet, within 30 seconds. As if this has anything to do with global warming. It doesn't matter. I don't care. He also buys carbon offsets for his electricity use. And the solution to global warming doesn't require people with big houses to give them up and move into solar-power yurts. So there's not even a smidgeon of sliver of a reed for me to start giving a shit about Al Gore's house.

ok Pumpkin I guess we are just at odds on this topic.

As for Al Gore and global warming versus his use, I do agree with you that he should lead by example. That always strengthens your position on any given topic.

Honestly...... his awareness campaign was worth every dirty consumption unit he created.

Global warming is not about us but about our children.

global warming is a discredited political emotional gambit.

So is the obamao class warfare crap.

It's marxist emotional ploys for more votes from their base.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Emotions overrule legit, critical appraisal of issues, and obscure

the liberals from understanding consistent, historical proven principles and values.

Archived