THE BROWNS BOARD

Luck, Griffen, Blackmon Gone

ClevelandBigDawg

Do remember though LSU had one of the best defenses in the nation this year and the first time they played I think Richardson had something like 150 yards rushing.

I do know LSU defense is one of the best. But in the NFL he'd be facing similar defenses all season long. Not to mention the Steelers and Ravens 2x. Even if he ran for 150 the first game he was unable to find the endzone, something the Browns can't seem to do either. With a bad o-line, power backs will succeed and a speed back like Richardson will get stuffed at the line.

I do know LSU defense is one of the best. But in the NFL he'd be facing similar defenses all season long. Not to mention the Steelers and Ravens 2x. Even if he ran for 150 the first game he was unable to find the endzone, something the Browns can't seem to do either. With a bad o-line, power backs will succeed and a speed back like Richardson will get stuffed at the line.

Richardson has some power too. Have you seen the guy he is built and runs players over as well.

Let me add another twist

Luck,Griffen,and Blackmon are gone...And we do trade down.

Would you be willing to face Claiborne or Kalil, twice a year , in exchange for Cincinnati's 2 firsts and their third plus their second next year?

That gives us four picks in the top 36...We could fill alot of holes....But ...trade with a division rival? Would You?

Let me add another twist

Would you be willing to face Claiborne or Kalil, twice a year , in exchange for Cincinnati's 2 firsts and their third plus their second next year?

That gives us four picks in the top 36...We could fill alot of holes....But ...trade with a division rival? Would You?

No way would they give up that much. Even if we could get their 2 firsts this year, and even just say their second next or their third this year (either one) I would do it. Sure you're essentially handing them Kalil or Claiborne, but I feel it is more important to improve our own team than it is to worry about a division rival.

I would definitely do the trade you offered, I would even take a little less for reasons above.

Let me add another twist

No. And the Bengals won't trade up, they've made about zero draft day trades, though both their firsts for the Browns first is about fair value.

And I misunderstood. If Luck, RG III, and Blackmon go 1-2-3, you've put the Browns in an untenable situation with Kalil on the board, and no opportunity to trade out of the pick. Ain't happening folks- you don't draft a stud LT to make him your RT. In that scenario the Browns would take about any viable trade down offer, or go defense with the pick- and not Clayborne either.

Looking at the draft value chart, interesting stuff. The Rams are unlikely to draft RG III. For the qb needy Redskins to make the jump, it's going to cost them the first this year, next year, and a second to move up to #2 to get him. For the Browns to make that move, it's both first rounders this year, plus one of our fourth rounders.

Archived