THE BROWNS BOARD

Piss On The Taliban

DieHardBrownsFan

Pissing on the Taliban — I’m with the Marines

A group of United States Marines stood around some dead Taliban fighters and pissed on them. They videotaped it and the footage wound up on Youtube. Now, everyone is rushing to condemn the marines’ behavior. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said:

“I have seen the footage, and I find the behavior depicted in it utterly deplorable. I condemn it in the strongest possible terms. Those found to have engaged in such conduct will be held accountable to the fullest extent.”

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Amos commented similarly:

“I want to be clear and unambiguous, the behavior depicted in the video is wholly inconsistent with the high standards of conduct and warrior ethos that we have demonstrated throughout our history,” Amos said in a statement.

“Rest assured that the institution of the Marine Corps will not rest until the allegations and the events surrounding them have been resolved. We remain fully committed to upholding the Geneva Convention, the Laws of War, and our own core values.” (
)

Lets think about this: Our policymakers decide to bring us into two wars, one of which was entirely unsupportable (Iraq) and the other was just plain stupid (Afghanistan). We torture live prisoners. We keep the illegal Guantanamo Bay gulag open. All of this done at the behest of our so-called elected leaders.

Those at the top piss on the rule of law, piss on justice, and piss on reason, and they get nice big pay checks for it. Four guys who are living in a hole in a shit hole of a country, getting shot at by these guys every day, who are doing it all for nothing — they relieve their stress by relieving themselves on some dead bodies, and all of a sudden THEY are being judged by their so-called “superiors?”

Piss away, Leathernecks. You’ve earned it.

Share this:

Look, this isn't something they should be doing not because it's somehow gross or immoral - they'd just shot and killed these people, after all - but because it makes their job harder. It pisses Afghans off, just like footage of them dragging American dead bodies through the streets, or hanging them from bridges, pisses us off. Hell, the initial Fallujah invasion was prompted in part by Bush's desire to send a signal after they hung those dead American contractors from the bridge. Images matter.

Not that any of this is going to make a big difference to the success of the mission at this point, but there's no reason to make it more dangerous for the troops and NGOs and humanitarian workers who are still there on the ground. A lot of people died because of the Abu Ghraib images. You might remember that Nick Berg video. Well, he was kidnapped and beheaded in response to the Abu Ghraib photos.

So I can't begin to get upset about the pissing itself. Piss away. Just don't be an idiot and film it and put it on YouTube, because the inevitable retaliation - and from anywhere in the world - is likely going to get some of our people killed.

I've got a buddy over there in 3rd battalion, 3rd Marines that I just talked to. (These guys who pissed were in 3rd battalion, 2nd Marines.) Trust me - he's not all thrilled with what these four did. He's got to do his job and get all his men home in one piece. This doesn't help.

The entire Afghan mission is a disaster, and progress is virtually nil. Just get them home safe at this point. That's it.

I disagree.

As a combat vet, the worst thing you can do to your OWN guys is to do things beyond simply winning a battle.

We are "The" USA....we have standards. Live up to that or don't fucking join. Stupid cocksuckers.....now the next guy held prisoner is going to pay for their actions.

Pea brains peeing on dead people.

Good for them, the lousy punks, anybody can do that.

I disagree.

As a combat vet, the worst thing you can do to your OWN guys is to do things beyond simply winning a battle.

We are "The" USA....we have standards. Live up to that or don't fucking join. Stupid cocksuckers.....now the next guy held prisoner is going to pay for their actions.

Exactly right peen.

Win the battle but behave like human brings.

WSS

I really wish Allen West was running for president. DRAFT HIM, DAMMIT !

THIS is EXCELLENT:

Unless You‘ve Been Shot at by the Taliban ’Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell’: Allen West Weighs in on Urinating Marine Scandal

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/unless-you-have-been-shot-at-by-the-taliban-shut-your-mouth-war-is-hell-allen-west-weighs-in-on-urinating-marine-scandal/

I disagree.

This shit happens in every war. In Vietnam people cut off ears and hung them around their neck. You must be aware of that? Were you a grunt? It happened all the time. The difference being now we have these jack asses with phones, taking pictures/and posting them on Youtube. I'm not for desecrating bodies, but I can understand the frustration these people feel when some of their own are killed.

Yes it happens in every war and probably in every city across the u s.

And yes, war is barbaric.

And no, I don't think the u s will get credit for being more civilized no matter how well we treat the enemy.

But anything we do that does not advance our cause or makes it harder to achieve our goals borders on the treasonous.

We can all understand the lord of the flies mentality.

Allow me to offer another literary reference:

What is the law?

Not to walk on all fours; are we not men?

WSS

These taliban turds aren't going to be any less dead had they not been pissed on. IMO, all means are legitimate in warfare.

"Just" warfare is impossible. Applying morality in the presence of war is absurd. Anybody who is exposed to the horrors of frontline war

will forever have to deal with what they have seen and done. If pissing on dead enemy somehow provides a brief respite, then I say piss away.

"Tis better to be pissed off than pissed on."

And why is it that there is hardly any news coverage of operations in afghanistan? We have no idea what it is like for the troops there in the shit.

For anyone to pass judgement is unfair and short sighted.

This shit happens in every war. In Vietnam people cut off ears and hung them around their neck. You must be aware of that? Were you a grunt? It happened all the time. The difference being now we have these jack asses with phones, taking pictures/and posting them on Youtube. I'm not for desecrating bodies, but I can understand the frustration these people feel when some of their own are killed.

I had one reply and had to delete it....too much information about things I don't talk about any more.

Yes, I was a grunt....being pissed off is fine. Pissing on dead people isn't.

Archived