THE BROWNS BOARD

DawginIT

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long time board member. Only post on a rare occasion. Read the board regularly.

I was in grade school when the Browns won their last championship so I guess I am

in Hoorta and Kathy's bracket.

DaRubes has been around since the beginning, he was here for the Couch Wars.

Zombo

Some might say that you have shamed the name Woody by electing to attend that school up north....as Woody called it. I mean, it does look like you did have other choices, fair to say?:

List of the Top Good Mechanical Engineering Schools

School Name Distinction Location

University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Undergraduate externship program with 16 cooperating companies Urbana, IL

University of Michigan - Ann Arbor New research complex broke ground in April 2011 Ann Arbor, MI

Purdue University New LEED-certified wing being added to mechanical engineering building West Lafayette, IN

University of California - Berkeley Offers a D.Eng to interested doctorate-seeking students Berkeley, CA

Cornell University Features the Experiential Learning Laboratory Ithaca, NY

Georgia Institute of Technology Offers the Frank K. Webb Program in Professional Communication Atlanta, GA

Stanford University Highest-ranked mechanical engineering department in the U.S. with a part-time graduate curriculum option Stanford, CA

Massachusetts Institute of Technology Offers several oceanographic and ocean-related degrees Cambridge, MA

Princeton University Offers a program in laser technology Princeton, NJ

California Institute of Technology Features the Jim Hall Design and Prototyping Lab Pasadena, CA

Nevertheless. Good luck with school.

That is quite the list. I doubt I could get into Cal Tech or MIT. Didn't apply to Stanford, Cal, Georgia Tech, etc. Pick Michigan over Purdue and Illinois (and OSU and Cincy).

This nickname didn't come from Woody, but I guess I should be MLD Bo haha

That is quite the list. I doubt I could get into Cal Tech or MIT. Didn't apply to Stanford, Cal, Georgia Tech, etc. Pick Michigan over Purdue and Illinois (and OSU and Cincy).

What dumbass, couldn't get into MIT? :) Should have gone to Purdue or Georgia Tech instead. Michigan may have some nice academic programs, but those ratings are meaningless.

The only things that were ever any good about Michigan came from Ohio.....like Bo. (Barberton)

Or Heisman winners Desmond Howard (Cleveland) and Woodson (Fremont)

You can add your name to the list if you like.

What dumbass, couldn't get into MIT? :) Should have gone to Purdue or Georgia Tech instead. Michigan may have some nice academic programs, but those ratings are meaningless.

As a person who has one kid in college and another about to go in, I wouldn't go so far to say that they are meaningless.

Perhaps TOO Much emphasis is put on them.....like blaming or crediting a QB for everything that happens to a team....but like the QB deal, there is SOMEthing to be said about the ratings.

Georgia is too far away.... I like my family.

I shouldn't say I doubt I could get into MIT, I KNOW I can' get into MIT haha. The pressure there would be unbelievable too

Well, I will only say that appears that you made a good choice from an academic point of view....if not from a sports point of view. I wouldn't put myself down either if I were you.

Even though Hoorta says those rankings mean nothing....the fact is they DO mean something when it comes to being selected to a grad school....or to an employer.

Do you think that my law degree from Akron U. would have gotten me as far as if I had one from Harvard? I can guarandamntee you that it didn't.

Your Top Ten Undergraduate Engineering schools (those that provide a doctorate) per US News and World Report are:

1. MIT

2. Stanford

3. Cal-Berkely

4. Cal Tech

5. Georgia Tech

6. Michigan and Illinois tied.

8. Carnegie-Mellon

9. Cornell and Purdue tied.

Of schools that don't offer a doctorate you have:

1. Harvey Mudd

2. Rose-Hulman IT

3. US Military Academy (Army)

4. Cooper Union

5. Cal Poly Tech SLO

5. US Naval Academy (Navy)

5. US Air Force Academy

8. Franklin Olin

9. Bucknell

10. Villanova

Like I said, sounds like you are doing OK kid. Now get back to studying.

Well, I will only say that appears that you made a good choice from an academic point of view....if not from a sports point of view. I wouldn't put myself down either if I were you.

Even though Hoorta says those rankings mean nothing....the fact is they DO mean something when it comes to being selected to a grad school....or to an employer.

Do you think that my law degree from Akron U. would have gotten me as far as if I had one from Harvard? I can guarandamntee you that it didn't.

Your Top Ten Undergraduate Engineering schools (those that provide a doctorate) per US News and World Report are:

1. MIT

2. Stanford

3. Cal-Berkely

4. Cal Tech

5. Georgia Tech

6. Michigan and Illinois tied.

8. Carnegie-Mellon

9. Cornell and Purdue tied.

Of schools that don't offer a doctorate you have:

1. Harvey Mudd

2. Rose-Hulman IT

3. US Military Academy (Army)

4. Cooper Union

5. Cal Poly Tech SLO

5. US Naval Academy (Navy)

5. US Air Force Academy

8. Franklin Olin

9. Bucknell

10. Villanova

Like I said, sounds like you are doing OK kid. Now get back to studying.

There is definitely something to be said for name-recognition and networking opportunities!

Thank you.

and its cool, I didn't bring myself down. I've been a Michigan fan most of my life. In your eyes I've was already down

Well, being a Michigan fan because you enrolled there because it is a top engineering school is understandable and forgiveable.

Being from Ohio, and being a Michigan fan BEFORE you ever thought about going to school there is unforgiveable.

Sectumsempra!

I go to Florida State University in Tallahassee after my family moved to Tampa when I was 10. My father and I remained devout Cleveland fans and have bought the tv packages for every season for each of our teams since 2001. I am currently 20 and continue to cheer for my Cleveland sports and Buckeyes no matter what. Finishing up my degree this year and looking into law schools pending acceptance to them!

Oh and born in and lived in Westlake in my youth

65 & I DO believe I have Kathy beat!

To test my memory a bit, I recall how overjoyed I was at drafting Jimmy Brown, upset with trading Bobby Mitchell & Paul Warfield, angry at the firing of the great Paul Brown, & saddened by the untimely death of Ernie Davis. I vividly remember that '64 Championship when we SKUNKED the heavily favored Baltimore Colts 27-0.

There were Glory Years & I refuse to kick the bucket until they are back. Bottom line is that I was raised as a Browns Fan & will certainly die as one.....I just want to leave a winner & you younger folks with the wonderful memories I have.

Mike

Canton Mike is ANCIENT - he has ME beat ! LOL

I'm saving my $$$$ starting today, to take Dad, Canton Mike, myself and my Wifie, to

the Browns' playoff game next season.

Or next season....@@

Archived