THE BROWNS BOARD

A Nation Of Sheep

Mr. T

Psychology of Tyranny for

a Philosophy of Despotism

The underpinnings that fallaciously attempt to justify despotic regimes rely upon the perverted practice of controlling the public mindset in weak societies. The indisputable evidence that civilization is regressing at lightning speed is all us. Governments are becoming irrelevant with the passage of illegitimate authority consolidating into the hands of oligarchic cabals and global tyrants. An objective study of the voluntary abandonment of individual sovereignty is worthy of an entire scholarly discipline. However, before confused citizens seek psychoanalysis on a couch of technocrat design, the basic principles of a classical education should be applied.

Philosophical inquiry is meant to seek an understanding of the truth. Truth, when known, vindicates the dignity of the person and the value intrinsic within the human race. Therefore, it comes as a great letdown to face up to the horrendous savageness that society accepts as typical behavior. The Psychological techniques used to train people to accept tyranny as the normal course of conduct is practiced by every despotic regime.

Jon Roland in an essay, Principles of Tyranny provides a valuable insight.

"Perhaps one of the things that most distinguishes those with a fascist mentality from most other persons is how they react in situations that engender feelings of insecurity and inadequacy.

The emergence of tyranny therefore begins with challenges to a group, develops into general feelings of insecurity and inadequacy, and falls into a pattern in which some individuals assume the role of "father" to the others, who willingly submit to becoming dependent "children" of such persons if only they are reassured that a more favorable outcome will be realized. This pattern of co-dependency is pathological, and generally results in decision-making of poor quality that makes the situation even worse, but, because the pattern is pathological, instead of abandoning it, the co-dependents repeat their inappropriate behavior to produce a vicious spiral that, if not interrupted, can lead to total breakdown of the group and the worst of the available outcomes.

In psychiatry, this syndrome is often discussed as an "authoritarian personality disorder". In common parlance, as being a "control freak".

Mr. Roland identifies the following traits associated with a tyrannical regime.

Continued Here.

You do have to admit that our laws since 911 have become more stringent. I wouldn't want these powers in the hands of the wrong leaders.

You are correct T.

But over the last many years the law has gotten worse and worse and favors the bad guys almost exclusively.

For example, I don't mind taking a breathalyzer if I haven't had anything to drink.

WSS

You are correct T.

But over the last many years the law has gotten worse and worse and favors the bad guys almost exclusively.

For example, I don't mind taking a breathalyzer if I haven't had anything to drink.

WSS

Or a full body pat down at the airport as long as you don't have your gun? ;)

You do have to admit that our laws since 911 have become more stringent. I wouldn't want these powers in the hands of the wrong leaders.

This is the truth, every couple years since 911 we have lost just a little more, Patriot Act, increase of Airport security, defense authorization bill...etc. Smalls steps, each one down, a slippery slope. It is also the reason I am disappointed in the current administration, but I don't see this changing with any of the current GOP nominees.

Archived