THE BROWNS BOARD

Tb Lands Schiano

Nw220

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826587be/article/buccaneers-will-turn-to-rutgers-schiano-as-next-head-coach?module=HP11_headline_stack

It appears that TB has found there new HC and it isnt Sherman which in turn could mean that we may end up with him as are OC

Thoughts??

Ya, I think we are Sherman's best option now unless he wants to go to Mimai. But Philbin might want to call his own plays the first year ... they all do until they realize it's easier to find a guy that fits your philosphy and let him call the shots because the HC has so many other gameday responsibilities.

Zombo

i don't see anywhere that the browns are even interviewing for an OC. maybe you can point in the right direction...if not, what are they waiting for?

Well we are going after the same guys that were interviewed for head coaching jobs. With more head coaching vacancies filled, the closer the Browns are to getting their OC. Holmgren's regime doesn't throw much the media's way which is typically a good thing..

I really think he would be a good fit with us and we do seem like his best option at the moment, im sure it will be ethier him or Childress who gets the job...Unless Shurmur wants to go with someone who isnt on the Radar who they think might be an up and comer..

wouldn't sherman accepting the postion as OC be like a demotion for him? it's like a grizly old vet coming in and taking orders from a snot-nosed kid. they'd have to pay out some big bucks for me to swallow my pride like that.

that's why i think it (if they are looking) will be another young guy.

wouldn't sherman accepting the postion as OC be like a demotion for him? it's like a grizly old vet coming in and taking orders from a snot-nosed kid. they'd have to pay out some big bucks for me to swallow my pride like that.

Thats one of my biggest concerns with Shurmur, he seems to be a little cocky as well and that can be a good thing or a bad thing..In Shurmurs case its a bad thing

Still crossing my fingers that Sherman sees the bigger picture with Heckert and Holmgren and maybe they would pull rank and tell Shurmur they want him

You could say the same thing about our DC but he came here. Sherman got fired from the Packers and he just got fired from Texas A&M, his last chance for a head coaching job just dried up. His only chance is an OC position and if he has a problem with that then he won't end up anywhere.

You could be right, but former head coaches get OC and DC positions all the time (our own DC Dick Jauron is a perfect example). I would say that at least half the teams in the NFL have a coordinator that used to be a head coach..

NO, because Sherman is presently UNEMPLOYED!!. He has no job. Tampa was the last NFL HC opening. So, for him it is either take an NFL assistant coach job, or a job at a smaller college program as HC.

I would think that he would jump at the chance to be an NFL OC...especially if it means working for his old boss Holmgren.

And there is nothing wrong with having a veteran former NFL HC as a coordinator. Some of the best coordinators in the game are former HCs including the following lists:

OCs that were HCs:

Josh McDaniels

Tony Sparano

Cam Cameron

Chris Palmer

Marty Morningwheg

Mike Tice

DCs that were former HCs:

Dick LeBeau

Wade Phillips

Jim Haslett

Dom Capers

Mike Nolan

Gregg Williams

Some coordinators just recently got promoted, like Romeo, Mike Mularkey, Joe Philbin.

i know all of that. i know about jauron. some guys aren't just cut out to be HCs. all i'm saying is there is pride involved even though no one will admit it.

hell i first started out in the graphics field working in some print shops. women working in that field were unheard of. i moved on into ad agency work soon after seeing the ladies coming in and often revisited shops who we farmed work out to and talk about some old bitter MFers.

hey, he might take the job but don't think he won't be standing on the sidelines sundays clipboard in hand looking at shurmur and thinking to himself: "really?"

Archived