THE BROWNS BOARD

Hah! Your Marriages Are Ruined!

VaporTrail

It's immensely misguided to compare the Bible and the Constitution simply because they're both old. They're two completely different things, written for completely different reasons, purporting to regulate or explain completely different subjects.

I mean, come on.

You have people that say "We must do this because that is how it was written in the Constitution"

You have people that say "We must do this because that is how it was written in the Bible"

Both are wrong. Both are ignorant.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok woody. The Bible is a guide. It is clearly known that all mankind sins. Mankind's salvation is repenting his sin and accepting Jesus (according to the bible). It doesn't threaten to rain down fire and brimstone on sinners all that often. Jesus died for our sins so we could live ( according to the new Testament). So there's really no "must" in the New Testament.

If you think the constitution is so dumb why don't you go live on some country that doesn't have limits on government power and a Bill of Rights. They probably kill gay people in such countries. They would for sure throw you in jail for not practicing their official religion.

Oh, Woody. My man. What are you talking about?

How are Americans wrong for following the Constitution? It's our founding document. It's the establishes all of our basic rights. All of our laws must adhere to it. We're supposed to follow it, because we've agreed (subject to amendment, of course) that these are principles our country must follow in order to endure and thrive as a republic. They're some of the most revolutionary and important political ideas ever put to paper.

Nobody should blindly follow anything. But should they follow the Constitution - things like freedom of speech and assembly, equal protection under the law, etc.? Of course they should!

The Bible is something different. It's not our founding document. Our laws don't apply to it. We don't use it to validate anything in our courts. It's a religious text.

The Bible is something different. It's not our founding document. Our laws don't apply to it. We don't use it to validate anything in our courts. It's a religious text.

It's illegal to buy beer in the many states on a Sunday. Especially in the south. Damn, I was pissed about that when I lived in NC for a summer.

Less than a decade ago, sodomy was illegal in most states.

Anti-sodomy laws were struck down by the Supreme Court in 2003 in Lawrence vs. Texas. They ruled that anti-sodomy laws violate the due process clause in the 14th Amendment, and that in this case the government does not have a legitimate right to interfere with an individual's right to sexual privacy.

Good thing we have that Constitution that everyone in here shits on.

I meant normal as opposed to abnormal. My apologies for not being precise enough with my language. Or as Steve imagines, devilishly scheming to trick you all.

If you want to stick with morality, you can use that if you like. Do you think homosexuality or homosexual acts are immoral?

Scheme?

Nah just amother bad comparison.

Normal doesn't equate moral.

Abnormal isn't necessarily immoral

WSS

Does anyone want to answer the question?

Do you think homosexual acts are immoral? If so, why?

Look, I'll even go first: no. No, I don't think being a homosexual is immoral. I don't think homosexual sex is immoral. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's just the way about 2%-4% of our population is oriented, and always will be.

Anti-sodomy laws were struck down by the Supreme Court in 2003 in Lawrence vs. Texas. They ruled that anti-sodomy laws violate the due process clause in the 14th Amendment, and that in this case the government does not have a legitimate right to interfere with an individual's right to sexual privacy.

Good thing we have that Constitution that everyone in here shits on.

Thanks for the clarification, Heck.

Should have known Vape was better informed that me.

So, in the privacy of one's home one can practice beastiality?

>>Nope. It referred specifically to private sexual conduct between consenting adults. What the hell is with the obsession with fucking animals in here? Is there something you guys want to talk about?>>

You are obviously trying to make a point by shaping your question to elicit the response you are looking for.

Here is a question......in your opinion were the courts correct in striking down sodomy laws, specifically to private sexual conduct between consenting adults, yet keeping the laws in force regarding................a man and a sheep or a woman and a German Shepard.

You, apparently, see a distinct line. I, on the other hand, see a continuem (sp).

Where is that line and why do you believe there should be a line?

Is it an animal rights issue?

So, it's an animal rights issue.

The act, itself, doesn't bother you?

Why or why not?

Seriously, I have no idea why you guys keep trying to take private sexual conduct between adults and construct a line to interspecies coupling. As if we can't tell the two apart. I don't get it. I really don't.

If you want to think legalizing private sexual conduct between adults puts us on a slippery slope to bestiality, what do you want me to tell you?

As for gay marriage, the whole point is to expand the idea of marriage to (finally) include homosexuals, just like how we expanded it to include interracial couples. They're not trying to dismantle the idea of marriage itself; they're trying to be apart of what it already is.

These bestiality discussions are a tad irrelevant.

Its like saying a theater major puts in the same amount of work in college as an engineering major... that's horrible, ridiculous, insulting and ignorant

I completely agree.

Those who lack wit talent charisma or imagination usually have to work a lot harder in life.

I know it isn't fair but....

WSS

You've brought it up multiple times.

Thought it was a big deal to ya.

WSS

I said I don't want to vote for a president that compares gay sex to bestiality

... then you guys tried to turn this into some bug psychology 101 course about right and wrong in an attempt to get one of us to say gay people shouldn't have sex, or something like that

Archived