THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini Looks For Guys who are Smart

Mr. T

Listening to the interview he chose his words wisely. I get the feeling that he will be a coach who demands the best out of his players and wont be a arrogant Coach like Butch Davis or a Fearful Coach like RAC.

We may have just landed a good one here!

Listening to the interview he chose his words wisely. I get the feeling that he will be a coach who demands the best out of his players and wont be a arrogant Coach like Butch Davis or a Fearful Coach like RAC.

We may have just landed a good one here!

I really liked 2 things he looks for in players....intelligence & competitiveness. You can have all the athleticism in the world, but if you are stupid & NOT competitive, you will nver realize your potential.

I really like this hire & I haven't felt that way in a long time.

Mike

Mangini Looks For Guys who are Smart, per his interview

He was also given the opportunity to fellate Quinn but declined, instead saying that it takes time to evaluate QBs.

If he wanted to win over the fans all he had to do was call Quinn the man and then label Shaun "Quinn-puncher" Smith a goner.

Instead he kicked off what could be a future rocky relationship with the city.

Smith for sure..BE next mangini dont like sissy recievers who are afraid to take the hit to move the team forward..

I have to politely disagree, I have seen numerous times when braylon has lowered his shoulders and delivered a hit to keep moving, he's also a fairly good blocker for a receiver

Guest Masters
He was also given the opportunity to fellate Quinn but declined, instead saying that it takes time to evaluate QBs.

If he wanted to win over the fans all he had to do was call Quinn the man and then label Shaun "Quinn-puncher" Smith a goner.

Instead he kicked off what could be a future rocky relationship with the city.

Oh how you leave out what he said he'll look for between the two QBs. Why is that? Oh because DA doesn't have a huddle presence (hence the number of delay of games and guys lining up wrong) or other qualities, other than his big arm.

Mangini will make an example of someone and cut him, no question - that's pretty standard for a new young coach and in Mangini's case he needs to try to put the genie back in the bottle, because he let players push him around, demanding contract extensions and trades in NY.

I expect the players will probably see this coming a mile away, but its a pretty proven technique to try to show them who the boss is.

Archived