THE BROWNS BOARD

Once Again The Geniuses Missed It

rich4eagle

Now I have as well as my friend Ghoolie how the Browns have gone stupid for years with this OLINE fantasy of losing

Well friends I am not going to disillusion you

But just check out the SUPER BOWL OLINE credendials of the NY Giants OL

and I am lauging my ass off again as usual with their resume while we focus on wasting high one picks on OL guys

ya know the dime a dozen guys

take some time and revue the the CHAMPS legacy on the ol

again as always I am correctomundo while the morons drink the cool aid of it starts with the OL

Now I have as well as my friend Ghoolie how the Browns have gone stupid for years with this OLINE fantasy of losing

and I am lauging my ass off again as usual with their resume while we focus on wasting high one picks on OL guys

again as always I am correctomundo while the morons drink the cool aid of it starts with the OL

That observation was already made in a different thread. Only the person who stated that opinion decided not open a separate thread for it.

Is Tom Brady proof you wait til the 6th to draft a QB too?

dumb is dumb and we keep going dumb and the last retorts commit that being dumb and losing is better,,,,,,,,,,,keep wasting top draft picks on OL guys

I honestly don't understand morons that think offensive line man are a dime a dozen. The Browns have Thomas and Mack, who are both first round picks, and ironically both Pro Bowlers. Notable offensive lineman that suck on the Browns - Artis Hicks (undrafted) - John Greco (3rd Round) - Oniel Cousins (3rd round) - Tony Pashos (5th round) - Steve Vallos (7th Round). So after I just completely shit on you with information, how the hell can you argue this point? I see a pretty clear pattern and you are dumb Ghoolie cock sucking slug if you can't see it as well.

In rich's defense there have been a few posters who like the idea of taking Khalil at 4 but I think its only been 2 or 3 tops. We do need to fix up the right side a bit but not with a top pick (our first 3)

Trust me I don't think they should take Kalil either. If he's the best player available at 4 then I feel we should trade back and grab another pick in maybe the 3rd round or so.

Haha Mr. Broken Record is at it again.. The Browns have only used three top picks on offensive lineman since 1999 - which is less than most other teams. No one is saying the Browns should spend a high draft pick on a RT but it clearly needs to be addressed this offseason if any quarterback wants time to throw..

And speaking of Kool-Aid, How does Ghoolie's taste?

In the last 20 years we've drafted 4 offensive lineman in the first round, Less than your favorite team the Steelers.

The 49ers drafted 3 in the past 5 years. Hows that working out for them? The Packers drafted 2 each of the last too years. But there dime a dozen right?

Of the 4 that we drafted in the past 20 years, 3 were centers. So we've taken zero guards and one tackle in twenty years. Thats the problem right there. I'd bet whatever you wanted, every team in the league has drafted 3-4 TIMES AS MANY exterior lineman than the Browns have. And until its fixed will never have a franchise QB, they'll all be ruined the same way Couch and Quinn where.

If they were dime a dozen we'd be winning Superbowls cause nobody's drafted less OL in the 1st rd. than the Cleveland Browns...

Rich -

go to yahoo and look up their oline. They have drafted them a good bit. 5th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd...whatever.

Impressive that they found a LT in a later round. That's like finding a Brady in the sixth. Rare.

But the Giants paid legit attention to their oline, and they aren't small guys.....

Rich -

go to yahoo and look up their oline. They have drafted them a good bit. 5th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd...whatever.

Impressive that they found a LT in a later round. That's like finding a Brady in the sixth. Rare.

But the Giants paid legit attention to their oline, and they aren't small guys.....

Actually I looked it up Cal. Le Giants OL is 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd. For those who can count past one- unlike Rich- that's 4 out of 5 premium picks used on their o-line. Sorry. Mr. Dime a dozen, you're full of S**T, and every damn booger that knows diddly doo about football will back up that opinion. If you want to look it up, the Super Bowl loser Patriots have invested even heavier in their o-line.

BTW, Rich, proven again- DEFENSE wins championships. the Patsies couldn't match the Giants defensive front. You know- bums like Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, and Tuck.

Rich has been banging this drum for about a decade now. His full frontal attack on "traditional" draft priorities (and his all out war on the English language), is well documented.

The trouble is, it's not without merit. Outside of the Left Tackle which requires some unique skill, there's not a lot separating the quality linemen from the average ones. Indeed concert is a much better recipe for success than replacing with more talented players - meaning if you have 5 guys who work well together, you don't need 5 great players.

Increase the talent in the backfield and on the edges, and it's remarkable how much better your offensive line looks.

It's not at all far fetched.

-jj

Defense doens't win shit.

The Steel Curtain didn't win jack shit when Bradshaw was hurt.

The offense, but keeping the opposing defense on the field and resting its OWN defense, is what makes a defense great.

Correction. Bradshaw doesn't win shit without that defense.

QBS, RB, WRs......................... No OL or DL as MVPS................. DUH! ! ! !

Well no kidding a OL guy isn't going to win an MVP award. One guys effort on the OL isn't going to get recognition to that level.

But no DL (or it's always QBS, RB, and WRs as you are asserting) or defensive players? Someone should tell Dexter Jackson (CB), Ray Lewis (LB), Richard Dent (DL), Randy White (DL), Harvey Martin (DL), Jake Scott (S), and Chuck Howley (LB) that they were never SB MVPs.

Rich and i have have maintained this all along. What benefit pray tell has Joe THomas given us?

Back side protection for every QB he has had to protect.

TOTAL FKUCKING WASTE OF A DRAFT PICK.

So they should have taken AP, which would have given CLE just about the same thing, no playoffs or winning seasons

but MORE OFTEN THAN NOT.... the great HOF players and playmakers come from high picks.

That's completely false. The great HOF players and playmakers come from all over the place in the draft.

Rich and i have have maintained this all along. What benefit pray tell has Joe THomas given us?

TOTAL FKUCKING WASTE OF A DRAFT PICK.

When an offense has a lot of guns, the defense can't key on anyone and re constant threat of being burned. This ADVANTAGE is what allows OL to push the DL around. The DL simply has too many poosibilities to vocer.

The talent level required to be a GREAT OL, can be found in the latest rounds imaginable. ON occasion so too can the skilled players, but MORE OFTEN THAN NOT.... the great HOF players and playmakers come from high picks.

Until the Browns start drafting QBs, WRs and RB high up, they are never going to win shit.

Trade Joe Thomas, HIllis and Cribs and get a young stud RB or WR.

How many sacks did Tim Couch succumb to? We've seen what happens when your OL will not or cannot block and provide the QB time to find open receivers. The line was superb when we had Thomas, Steiny and Mack firing on all cylinders.. we just need to find a capable Right Side. If the left is great and the right is at least capable then we improve offensively if not, we get more of what we had last season... or more of what happened to Couch.

I'm sorry but the Giants OL was very good, providing Eli time and protection for the most part. It really doesn't matter if the drafted those guys in the first or the seventh as long as they can play. Whether you draft a guy high or low it comes down to: Can they provide the QB time and protection, which we've seen that our Right Side CANNOT. The Giants OL did and they succeeded in their endeavor.

...now put Pashos on the Giants OL in the Superbowl and the Pats will rush that side and sack Eli... leaving him little time to find open receivers and accelerating the QB's internal clock- forcing him to throw sooner than he needs to or forcing him to flee the pocket in fear of life and limb.

We have got to find a STRONG RIGHT TACKLE! I don't care where we get him from, be it the Draft in round 1 or round 7, Undrafted FA or top dollar FA- it doesn't really matter to me. What matters is the inability of our FO to find the ANYONE capable enough to shore up the RT position... it's complete and utter Bullshit! Get the guy that can fix that spot or we'll continue to stink to "high heaven" on offense until the end of time. It's really that simple.

Of Course, we need WR's, reliable runningbacks and a FB that can block as well, but without bookend Tackles we're just beating our heads against a wall...

Defense doesnt win squat unless you can put points on the board to begin with...its about "points' in the end.

of course, i don't think anyone argues that. BUT if you can't stop a team with a better offense and a better defense that stops you, who gives a shit when they beat you 54-12?

Totally false. The Steelers had the Curtain AFTER Bradshaw left, and they had it when Bradshaw was injured and didn't play. THey won NOTHING without him.

Cowher had blitzburgh for a long time............ best D in the NFL................ once he added a QB? VOILA! SB.

Defenses don't win shit. Never have, never will. They serve only to get the ball to the offense, specifically, the QB.

Except it was in fact the other way around.

Joe Greene retired in 1981

L.C. Greenwood retired in 1981

Dwight White retired in 1980

Ernie Holmes retired in 1979

Jack Ham retired in 1982

Glen Edwards retired in 1981

Andy Russell retired in 1978

Of all the Steel Curtain defenders, only Jack Lambert who retired the same year as Bradshaw: 1984, and Donnie Shell who retired in 1987 stayed around as long as Bradshaw did.

Bradshaw "had the ball" for about 4 years after the core of the Steel Curtain retired. He did nothing with it.

The Fact Moron strikes again.

Again, when you have an offense that puts points on the board and can stress out the opposing defense, it makes YOUR defense great. It causes them to spend less time on the field, stay rested, fresh and uninjured.

Defense had nothing to do with the Giants win. Offense had EVERYTHING to do with it. Manninghams catch and a 26 yard pass interference call, coupled with Welker missing a pass he could have caught, is what determined the outcome of the SB.

Defense had jack shit to do with either of those plays.

PLAYMAKERS................ not fat ass Joe Thomas linement. THAT's WHO WINS FOOTBALL GAMES.

Great Big Ben Pass and spectacular catch in the corner of the endzone..............Montana scrambles and CLarke pulls one down from the sky, Manning to Manningham.................... on and on it goes. PLAYMAKERS.

QBS, RB, WRs......................... No OL or DL as MVPS................. DUH! ! ! !

Without consistent time from Joe Thomas and other great lineman, Tom Brady/Eli Manning doesn't have time to be a PLAYMAKER or throw the ball to PLAYMAKERS nor do PLAYMAKERS like LeSean McCoy or Adrian Peterson have running lanes.

Totally false. The Steelers had the Curtain AFTER Bradshaw left, and they had it when Bradshaw was injured and didn't play. THey won NOTHING without him.

Cowher had blitzburgh for a long time............ best D in the NFL................ once he added a QB? VOILA! SB.

Defenses don't win shit. Never have, never will. They serve only to get the ball to the offense, specifically, the QB.

You just said it yourself. If there's not a good defense to get the ball the to the offense then they won't win. I'm not saying a great defense will win you Super Bowls alone but Ben Roethlisberger doesn't win shit without that defense.

I don't get this thread. Don't get good blockers because the Giants won the Super Bowl?

So ... the Giants don't block well and still won the Super Bowl? ... OR ... the Giants didn't spend resources on their offensive line?

Both of those premises are wrong ... so I think I'm missing something.

Can someone De-Rich this for me and tell me what the debate is about?

Zombo

Is it true that people who think they are right all the time have a Narcisstic Personality Disorder?

I noticed that in every thread Rich and Ghoolie start they always say "once again im right and everyone else is wrong" but I just assumed they got online and told everyone that because they were insecure about being old and fat.

Archived