Do You Believe In Creationism?

MLD Woody

Do you believe in creationism?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in creationism?

• Yes
    • No

Question:

If you had been a fifth-grade kid, alone in the woods of your farm, and you slipped into

a deep spring, at 2 degrees above zero.... and you couldn't get out for anything.

And you went through nearly all the stages of what you later would know as hypothermia...

and you lived to tell about it because you were retrieved out of the spring in the last few

minutes of your young life.....

while you were all alone, still?

Would you still think that God is not there?

Question:

If you had been a fifth-grade kid, alone in the woods of your farm, and you slipped into

a deep spring, at 2 degrees above zero.... and you couldn't get out for anything.

And you went through nearly all the stages of what you later would know as hypothermia...

and you lived to tell about it because you were retrieved out of the spring in the last few

minutes of your young life.....

while you were all alone, still?

Would you still think that God is not there?

lol, what the hell are you talking about

also, just because you don't believe in creationism doesn't mean you don't believe in god, just saying

I can answer it: I wouldn't even begin to think that this scenario somehow involved God. People slip through the ice all the time. Water that cold brings on hypothermia quickly. If someone pulls you out and you can get warm again, you're likely to recover. A near-death experience like that doesn't suggest anything about God. It suggests that you shouldn't walk on thin ice.

Why don't you answer his question?

Oh, that was a question?

Then no I would think its gods work everytime someone almost dies but doesn't.

And like I said believing in God and believing in creationism aren't dependent on one another.

Do you believe in creationism Cal?

How old do you think the Earth is?

You fail to read, again.

I was rescued out of that spring in the woods.

I went from disgust, to nearly falling asleep underwater,

after the violent shaking subsided.

I was rescued by no human being. There was no one there but me.

And, Heck, that's pretty sad for you to cherry pick that drowning off the internet.

The lad didn't have chance. That isn't what I'm saying at all.

I was rescured..... But it wasn't a person who rescued me.

Back to the question - if a miracle happened to you... wouldn't you think it was impossible without God working that wonder?

Sometimes there's no way for the miracle to happen, sad to say..

Of course miracles don't just happen all the time. That has been a question that on the back of my mind for years.

In the last few minutes I had left, I figure... I was rescued. By no human being.

It was a miracle I'm here. Would you realize that miracles just don't happen ?

Shit happens. Not the best proof of God I've ever heard.

Hypothermia can affect your brain

Lack of oxygen in a near death experience can cause you too hallucinate

Again, none of this has anything to do with the question I asked.

Sure there may be a god, and maybe you think he performed a miracle, but I am asking you about whether or not you believe in creationism. And how old do you think the earth is?

You fail to read, again.

I was rescued out of that spring in the woods.

I went from disgust, to nearly falling asleep underwater,

after the violent shaking subsided.

I was rescued by no human being. There was no one there but me.

And, Heck, that's pretty sad for you to cherry pick that drowning off the internet.

The lad didn't have chance. That isn't what I'm saying at all.

I was rescured..... But it wasn't a person who rescued me.

Back to the question - if a miracle happened to you... wouldn't you think it was impossible without God working that wonder?

Sometimes there's no way for the miracle to happen, sad to say..

Of course miracles don't just happen all the time. That has been a question that on the back of my mind for years.

In the last few minutes I had left, I figure... I was rescued. By no human being.

It was a miracle I'm here. Would you realize that miracles just don't happen ?

There was nothing supernatural about what happened. You were screaming and your cow or donkey heard you and pulled you out. Wouldn't be the first case where an animal helped out a human in distress.

There was nothing supernatural about what happened. You were screaming and your cow or donkey heard you and pulled you out. Wouldn't be the first case where an animal helped out a human in distress.

That would actually be more awesome than divine intervention

That I believe in creationism? I answered that a lot of times. Why do we have to go over and over stuff

for nitwits who think they've heard it all on the board when they are just new here?

Yes. I look at the universe, our solar system... I imagine the vastness of never ending space.

You think that happened by accident? Ya gotta be kidding.

And how old the earth is? does carbon dating mean God doesn't exist? Of course not.

And how in nature did animals come to exist to respond to human beings like some do?

You really think all of nature's miracles are just some labortory accident in some prehistoric cave

inhabited by aliens?

Although.... if you said that was correct, I wouldn't be surprised, except that you progs/lefts never believe in.... anything, most of the time.

You really think all of nature's miracles are just some labortory accident in some prehistoric cave

inhabited by aliens?

Just as likely as your beliefs being true. For me, what cements it is the fact that we don't necessarily understand the nature of time itself. For example, most people say there was nothing before the Big Bang. Well, nothing doesn't mean only space, it also includes time. Time came into existence when the big bang happened, and how it has worked between then and now is something we still don't even have close to a complete understanding of.

That I believe in creationism? I answered that a lot of times. Why do we have to go over and over stuff

for nitwits who think they've heard it all on the board when they are just new here?

Yes. I look at the universe, our solar system... I imagine the vastness of never ending space.

You think that happened by accident? Ya gotta be kidding.

And how old the earth is? does carbon dating mean God doesn't exist? Of course not.

And how in nature did animals come to exist to respond to human beings like some do?

inhabited by aliens?

Although.... if you said that was correct, I wouldn't be surprised, except that you progs/lefts never believe in.... anything, most of the time.

So just because you don't understand something, it must be God.

-- How does the Sun come up? God

-- How does the tide go in and out? God

-- How did everything get here? God

.... nope

Why do animals respond to us like some do? Evolution...

inhabited by aliens?

No. I think everything on this Earth came to be over billions of years through natural selection.

You believe a myth. I believe a scientific theory. One with decades of work behind it.

Honestly the proof behind the ancient aliens theory is more compelling than the history laid out form the Bible.

Just as likely as your beliefs being true. For me, what cements it is the fact that we don't necessarily understand the nature of time itself. For example, most people say there was nothing before the Big Bang. Well, nothing doesn't mean only space, it also includes time. Time came into existence when the big bang happened, and how it has worked between then and now is something we still don't even have close to a complete understanding of.

We sure dont.

Which is why I believe in the big bang theory about as much as any creationist story any theologian could throw out there.

WSS

We sure dont.

Which is why I believe in the big bang theory about as much as any creationist story any theologian could throw out there.

WSS

Steve, there's quite a fine line between what I said and what you're saying. All I said is that we don't know what came before the Big Bang theory nor do we know what caused it. There is, however, a universe full of evidence (literally, every visible atom and photon) that shows we probably evolved from simple self-replicating organic molecules.

Anywho, what everyone needs to do to make this argument more clear is use the following definitions:

-Creationism: The belief that God spoke and the universe happened. This isn't necessarily contradicting Darwin's theories of natural selection and evolution. Typically believed by those who need an explanation for something there is no explanation for.

-Young Earth Creationism: The belief that the Earth is 6000 years old. Typically believed by people in the Bible Belt that were brainwashed and severely indoctrinated as children.

-Intelligent Design: The belief that man is made in God's image. That humans are the pinnacle of evolution and the universe. This entire universe is for our benefit. Typically believed by those with a distinct inability to reason and those who take the Bible literally.

My argument against creationism is as follows: You have no evidence to believe what you believe, but you do it because you're scared and not satisfied with the most reasonable answer. The most reasonable answer is, "We don't know nor can we know."

My argument against YEC is: You're an idiot.

My argument against ID: You're an idiot.

Cal is a good dude to all you new folks here, he's just an ape man. Seriously he's a good dude. Because when the shit goes down, I was personally invited to his house. lol

To all the wookpeckers and new here, they are all good dudes with different views, but good people. Don't take anything seriously, because when it comes down to it, we are all on the same side, America.

Sev you got to get a kick out of this song. It's so relevant.

Thanks, Kosar, for the left handed compliments....:angry:

I really don't talk about it much. I just know what I believe.

But apeman? Nah. I'm not a vegetarian, and I don't want to sail away....

I can swing on vines out in our woods. That's if I want to convince my

wonderful cute Wife that I've lost my mind.... @@

Say, maybe I can dig a few bunkers out in the woods with secret doors,

and then I could be on "Doomsday Preppers"....;)

Apeman

Written by: Ray Davies

Published by: Warner-tamerlane Pub. Corp. - BMI

chord.gifChord file

Lyrics: I think I'm sophisticated

'Cos I'm living my life like a good homosapien

But all around me everybody's multiplying

Till they're walking round like flies man

So I'm no better than the animals sitting in their cages

in the zoo man

'Cos compared to the flowers and the birds and the trees

I am an ape man

I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized

'Cos I'm a strict vegetarian

But with the over-population and inflation and starvation

And the crazy politicians

I don't feel safe in this world no more

I don't want to die in a nuclear war

I want to sail away to a distant shore and make like an ape man

I'm an ape man, I'm an ape ape man

I'm an ape man I'm a King Kong man I'm a voo doo man

I'm an ape man

'Cos compared to the sun that sits in the sky

compared to the clouds as they roll by

Compared to the bugs and the spiders and flies

I am an ape man

In man's evolution he has created the cities and

the motor traffic rumble, but give me half a chance

and I'd be taking off my clothes and living in the jungle

'Cos the only time that I feel at ease

Is swinging up and down in a coconut tree

Oh what a life of luxury to be like an ape man

I'm an ape, I'm an ape ape man, I'm an ape man

I'm a King Kong man, I'm a voo-doo man

I'm an ape man

I look out my window, but I can't see the sky

'Cos the air pollution is fogging up my eyes

I want to get out of this city alive

And make like an ape man

Come and love me, be my ape man girl

And we will be so happy in my ape man world

I'm an ape man, I'm an ape ape man, I'm an ape man

I'm an ape man

I'll be your Tarzan, you'll be my Jane

I'll keep you warm and you'll keep me sane

and we'll sit in the trees and eat bananas all day

Just like an ape man

I'm an ape man, I'm an ape ape man, I'm an ape man

I'm an ape man.

I don't feel safe in this world no more

I don't want to die in a nuclear war

I want to sail away to a distant shore

And make like an ape man.

Cal is a good dude to all you new folks here, he's just an ape man. Seriously he's a good dude. Because when the shit goes down, I was personally invited to his house. lol

To all the wookpeckers and new here, they are all good dudes with different views, but good people. Don't take anything seriously, because when it comes down to it, we are all on the same side, America.

Sev you got to get a kick out of this song. It's so relevant.

I love Apeman. My 3-year-old already sings it.

• 2 weeks later...

So just because you don't understand something, it must be God.

-- How does the Sun come up? God

-- How does the tide go in and out? God

-- How did everything get here? God

.... nope

Why do animals respond to us like some do? Evolution...

No. I think everything on this Earth came to be over billions of years through natural selection.

You believe a myth. I believe a scientific theory. One with decades of work behind it.

Honestly the proof behind the ancient aliens theory is more compelling than the history laid out form the Bible.

I believe in evolution, there's clear evidence of it, but that doesn't disprove god. Couldn't evolution be the answer to how but not why?

Archived