THE BROWNS BOARD

Voters Believe America Is Worse Off Than When Obama Took Office

Mr. T

Voters Believe America is Worse Off Than When Obama Took Office

rr-nov-release-chart3-1.jpg

1)If President Obama's reelection campaign is a referendum on the incumbent, as are almost all reelection campaigns, then he remains in deep trouble a year out from the election, because Americans believe the country is worse off than when he was inaugurated.

When evaluating the condition of the country, today a majority of American voters:

◦Thinks the country is on the wrong track (70 percent), the highest wrong track number Resurgent Republic has recorded since our first survey in April 2009.

◦Thinks the federal government's financial situation is worse (67 percent) than when Obama took office;

◦Thinks the American economy is worse (61 percent);

◦Thinks the federal government's ability to solve problems is worse (60 percent);

◦Thinks America's standing in the world is worse (50 percent).

The only measure on which Americans believe the country is better off is safety from terrorists, where 39 percent say we are better, 38 percent the same, and 20 percent worse.

2) 2.Because Americans believe the country has declined on Obama's watch, his reelection numbers are stuck in the low 40s.

◦Only 42 percent of American voters think Obama deserves reelection, while a majority – 51 percent – thinks it is time for someone else. Those numbers are essentially unchanged from our August survey, which shows 42 percent deserves reelection/52 percent time for someone else.

◦Only one-third of Independent voters say Obama deserves reelection: 33 percent deserves reelection/54 percent time for someone else.

◦When pitted against a generic Republican candidate, Obama stands at 42 percent versus 43 percent for the Republican, essentially unchanged from our 43/43 finding in August, and weaker than our 43/40 finding last January. Past elections show that undecided voters are very unlikely to break in favor of the incumbent.

◦Independent voters prefer the Republican candidate over Obama by a double-digit margin – 43 to 32 percent.

Read more here

This survey of 1000 registered voters was conducted October 30 to November 2, 2011. Respondents were selected randomly from a random-digit-dialing sample including both cell phone and landline telephone numbers, and were contacted by live interviewers.

I have to wonder if the question was "Do you think the country is worse BECAUSE of Obama" or "Do you think the country is worse"

Cool quote I am sure whoever gets the rep nomination will use something similar, but do you really think any of them really(reps or Obama) have a Main street first mentality?

Exactly.

The elitists at the top of both major political parties are only interested in pushing their own party's agenda. It's plutocratic, but we are permitted to cast our votes in the name of democracy.

Cool quote I am sure whoever gets the rep nomination will use something similar, but do you really think any of them really(reps or Obama) have a Main street first mentality?

Most politicians are all about the money. If they say otherwise then they will stop the practice of insider trading that goes on in DC. These crooks get news firsthand and are allowed to place their bets on the market before others get a chance to jump in.

Just imagine that if you know about a new drug that the FDA is going to be approved and you are able to purchase stocks or stock options on a the pharmaceutical before the announcement; look at how much money you have to gain. Lets not forget the money stored away in the war chaest for reelection. If you are forced out of office or decide to retire you get to keep any moneys left available.

Most politicians are all about the money. If they say otherwise then they will stop the practice of insider trading that goes on in DC. These crooks get news firsthand and are allowed to place their bets on the market before others get a chance to jump in.

Just imagine that if you know about a new drug that the FDA is going to be approved and you are able to purchase stocks or stock options on a the pharmaceutical before the announcement; look at how much money you have to gain. Lets not forget the money stored away in the war chaest for reelection. If you are forced out of office or decide to retire you get to keep any moneys left available.

Don't forget the money for hitting the lecture circuit and appearances.

Exactly. Why else do these people spend their own fortune to get into office? They aren't spending millions because they want to better the country for the common man. They want to fatten their wallet and make more than they put into it. They must make a killing to gamble such a high amount of money on election campaigns. Granted it's not all their own money but generally a large portion is.

Exactly. Why else do these people spend their own fortune to get into office? They aren't spending millions because they want to better the country for the common man. They want to fatten their wallet and make more than they put into it. They must make a killing to gamble such a high amount of money on election campaigns. Granted it's not all their own money but generally a large portion is.

"Poor man wanna be rich; rich man wanna be king..."

WSS

I'm glad someone did.

You realize eric cartman said that (i think)...

Do you want me to find some quotes of other lines he's had? Do you believe them all too? lol

You really think the only thing his skin color did was get him more votes? Only because of that he won? Really?

gas prices have doubled since obama took office and we really have not seen anything yet

If Obama is single handidly responsible for everything that happens during his presidency, cuz u know that's how it works..., does that mean he is also responsible for the good stuff?

Do you want me to find some quotes of other lines he's had? Do you believe them all too? lol

You really think the only thing his skin color did was get him more votes? Only because of that he won? Really?

Cartman is the villian, true, but he's also the mouthpiece for things they really want to say. Trey parker said that originally he was supposed to be stan, and stone Kyle, but it turns out they're really both cartman.

Yes I absolutely believe that. His skin color and his wwf Mic skills.

Voters Believe America is Worse Off Than When Obama Took Office

rr-nov-release-chart3-1.jpg

1)If President Obama's reelection campaign is a referendum on the incumbent, as are almost all reelection campaigns, then he remains in deep trouble a year out from the election, because Americans believe the country is worse off than when he was inaugurated.

When evaluating the condition of the country, today a majority of American voters:

◦Thinks the country is on the wrong track (70 percent), the highest wrong track number Resurgent Republic has recorded since our first survey in April 2009.

◦Thinks the federal government's financial situation is worse (67 percent) than when Obama took office;

◦Thinks the American economy is worse (61 percent);

◦Thinks the federal government's ability to solve problems is worse (60 percent);

◦Thinks America's standing in the world is worse (50 percent).

The only measure on which Americans believe the country is better off is safety from terrorists, where 39 percent say we are better, 38 percent the same, and 20 percent worse.

2) 2.Because Americans believe the country has declined on Obama's watch, his reelection numbers are stuck in the low 40s.

◦Only 42 percent of American voters think Obama deserves reelection, while a majority – 51 percent – thinks it is time for someone else. Those numbers are essentially unchanged from our August survey, which shows 42 percent deserves reelection/52 percent time for someone else.

◦Only one-third of Independent voters say Obama deserves reelection: 33 percent deserves reelection/54 percent time for someone else.

◦When pitted against a generic Republican candidate, Obama stands at 42 percent versus 43 percent for the Republican, essentially unchanged from our 43/43 finding in August, and weaker than our 43/40 finding last January. Past elections show that undecided voters are very unlikely to break in favor of the incumbent.

◦Independent voters prefer the Republican candidate over Obama by a double-digit margin – 43 to 32 percent.

Read more here

So there was no one out there that DIDN'T vote for him because he was black. There were only people that did vote for him because he was black

Look people want to prove they're not racist. So yeah there were lots of people that voted for him because he's black.

It amazes me how all the liberals quote the "Daily Show" as fact. it's quite amusing.

They aren't quoting the Daily Show as fact. They want you to watch the Daily Show segment and see if you get the satire. Or at the very least just try to understand whats going on.

The show doesn't make up quotes or facts about politicians.

I mean, they show you how Fox News blatantly lies at some point in its program. The Daily Show isn't making anything up, its just making fun of Fox News.

A politician, Dem or Rep, does something stupid, they'll make fun of it.

It is pretty sad when you think that a lot of people find what is put on the Daily Show and the Colbert Report as more factual than what is put on Fox News. Not sad about that people, sad about the news network.

Cysko ur not reallly getting my point. I'm saying there were people out there that DIDNT vote for him because he was black as well.

Yes I'm sure there was a small segment of people that specifically didn't vote for him because he's black. But I bet that segment was in fact pretty small

They aren't quoting the Daily Show as fact. They want you to watch the Daily Show segment and see if you get the satire. Or at the very least just try to understand whats going on.

The show doesn't make up quotes or facts about politicians.

I mean, they show you how Fox News blatantly lies at some point in its program. The Daily Show isn't making anything up, its just making fun of Fox News.

A politician, Dem or Rep, does something stupid, they'll make fun of it.

It is pretty sad when you think that a lot of people find what is put on the Daily Show and the Colbert Report as more factual than what is put on Fox News. Not sad about that people, sad about the news network.

And how does the daily show add anything to the topic of this thread? Jon Stewart's reckless behavior is just another example of the left wing media bias

example:

WALLACE: [Y]ou love to take shots at Fox News.

STEWART: Yes I do.

WALLACE: Over the years, you have called us –and we’re going to put this on the screen because this is heavy stuff: ‘A biased organization, relentlessly promoting an ideological agenda under the rubric of being a news organization.’

STEWART: Rubric?

WALLACE: And I think that was slightly the wrong use of the word – ‘a relentless agenda-driven, 24-hour news propaganda delivery system.’ Where do you come up with this stuff?

STEWART: It’s easy when you feel it. You have to feel it in your soul.

WALLACE: Well, here is the deal – are you willing to say the same thing about the mainstream media, ABC, CBS, NBC, Washington Post, New York Times?

STEWART: No.

WALLACE: Would you say the same thing about them that they are, in your words, a ‘propaganda-delivery system relentlessly pushing a liberal agenda’?

STEWART: No, I wouldn’t say that.

WALLACE: Why not?

STEWART: MSNBC is attempting that. I think they’re attempting — they have looked at your business model and they have seen the success of it and I think they’re attempting to be a more activist organization.

WALLACE: You don’t think The New York Times is a liberal organization now pushing a liberal agenda?

STEWART: The New York Times – no. I think they are to a certain extent. Do I think they’re relentlessly activist? No. In a purely liberal partisan way? No, I don’t. I think this is — Fox is a very special.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/19/jon-stewart-on-msm-fox-agenda-driven-abc-cbs-nbc-ny-times-etc-not-at-all/#ixzz1oCQF7ja1

Archived