THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini's First 'Mangenius' Move

Guest mz.

If we want to get anything for DA, we have to pretend he has a shot at starting, like we think he's worth something. Mangini must be thinking the same thing.

ON THE QUARTERBACKS: He was non-committal, saying he'd evaluate the quarterbacks on their huddle presence and other qualities. "When it's right, you just know," he said.

via here.

while you're pretending don't forget to pretend that Quinn played well enough to deserve an NFL job.

Are you saying he didn't play well when his finger wasn't broken?

Are you blaming Quinn's shitty play all on his finger that the doctor's said didn't affect him?

Too bad that excuse doesn't fly for his preseason shitters.

You mean the second consecutive preseason that he out performed DA?

None of the Browns QBs played well last season. The two top QBs had a few nice moments but not enough to say anything good about either. But, BQ is the Browns QB and DA will get traded. You can not have a new coach and a new GM and have the same issues going into the season. The Browns will trade DA because it is the only choice they have. The other teams know they have to trade or cut DA so they will low ball the Browns.

It is what it is. The Browns fan base will be energized with a new coach, GM and BQ getting the starting job. Because it is BQ the fan base will give the organization a pass for several years. The team has talent, if BQ is half as good as the fans think then the Browns will be in good shape for years to come. After all many believe he should had been the first pick in the draft not number 22 or 24 where ever he went and if he had came out this year he would had been the first pick in the draft. So as the best QB prospect to come out of college since Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf and the most pro ready QB in this half of the century I think the Browns are in good hands.

BQ now has 3 starts under his belt. Now is when you can compare BQ to what DA did in his first full year as a starter. Both are about the same age, both have the same experiance and BQ will be learning a new offense. So I fully expect him to eclipse 3700 yards, 29 TDS, throw less than 17ints and the Browns should win at least 10 games. And, most important he will show improvement as the year goes on because there will be no effect on him when defenses are game planning for him. That is what should be expected, because the QB before him sucked and that is what he did in the same situation at the same age and with the same experiance.

I think it will be a very interesting offseason and I can't wait to see what happens next season.

good to see Lum is still alive and well...I was getting worried. Keep getting your shots in bud, your days with DA in cleveland are numbered. I hope you enjoy the new boards with his new team as a backup somewhere as much as you tried to pretend to be a browns fan here.

good to see Lum is still alive and well...I was getting worried.

You just knew this would do the trick.

Yeah it sure sounds like he knows who his QB will be from his "I don't know who the QB will be" statements doesn't it?

You're not dumb, Lummy. You may be delusional and full of spite, but you're not dumb.

And I don't think we're reading to much into Mangini's statement, either, if that's where you plan on going next.

BQ now has 3 starts under his belt. Now is when you can compare BQ to what DA did in his first full year as a starter. Both are about the same age, both have the same experiance and BQ will be learning a new offense. So I fully expect him to eclipse 3700 yards, 29 TDS, throw less than 17ints and the Browns should win at least 10 games. And, most important he will show improvement as the year goes on because there will be no effect on him when defenses are game planning for him. That is what should be expected, because the QB before him sucked and that is what he did in the same situation at the same age and with the same experiance.

All very good points. I've been told many times that "any average QB" can hit those numbers, especially with the cockpit in Cleveland.

I just hope that Quinn doesn't come up less than "any average QB"

Archived