THE BROWNS BOARD

Not Really Surprised

Westside Steve

So I have yet to turn on the television but I am having my morning coffee in anticipation of watching morning joe on m s n b c. I'm predicting the hand wringing over the fact that Mitt came in such a close first. And his own home state!

Personally I wasn't banking on a huge michigan contingent since he hasn't really seemed to live there for a good many years.

Also the evangelicals are motivated to come out to vote against him. Santorum has a valid point in the war against religion but most people don't care or arent very enthusiastic about it or are actually part of the anti religion teams

If you factor in reporting yesterday from the exit polls that 10 percent of voters were democrats looking for it easier opponent for the great and powerful obama the numbers look a little better.

I'm anticipating a little discomfort on the left trying to define their opposition to Romney.

So they pretend they want a republican moderate they still have to find reasons to hate any republican at all. Santorum at least gave them an easy target.

WSS

Close victory only partially matter for the 2nd place person:

1. If the state is not a winner takes all state

2. If they are considered the underdog it builds momentum for later primaries

But sooner or later they need to be wins or he will be watching from the sidelines in Nov.

The left having hard times hating Romney? With Quotes like this its quite easy:

''I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there.'' —Mitt Romney, following his Florida primary victory

The left having hard times hating Romney? With Quotes like this its quite easy:

''I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there.'' —Mitt Romney, following his Florida primary victory

Bur that shouldn't concern anyone who's serious.

File it with the Obama in a turban picture.

WSS

Bur that shouldn't concern anyone who's serious.

File it with the Obama in a turban picture.

WSS

It likely will cost him the presidency if he gets the nomination, not just the one quote, but the sense that he is too rich and is unable to connect with people who make less than a 100k a year. Money and people who have a dislike of the current president will only get him so far, for him to get elected in Nov he needs to gain the people who are independents and the middle class.

>>Money and people who have a dislike of the current president will only get him so far, for him to get elected in Nov he needs to gain the people who are independents and the middle class.>>

The Obama campaign has no money?

Obama is part of the downtrodden caste?

You are using conventional 'wisdom' when you say Romney needs independents and the middle class. However, you are missing an important facet - those in the low socio-economic stratas were energized to elect Obama the first time.

Not sure they will be as energized this time. Unfortunately, not enough voters with either 'money' and dislike Obama will likely balance out those who are motivated by the vision of more teat sucking or a person of a certain 'race' representing them so they can live vicariously through the, "Great Black Hope".

Congrats bringing up race....

Not voting for Romney because he is successful is stupid.

If Santorum was chosen I think Obama would easily crush him. He's just too far out there.

Race was probably be preeminent issue in the election.

Yes it is.

And I agree with you 100 percent.

WSS

coffee is on, and i dont use any cream or sugar i like it straight up. does anyone know how much money romney has spent so far? these guys will be broke before they get to november. obama and his creeps have backwashed millions back into his reelection campaign coffers and the networks are waiting to sell adds.

golden rule he who has the gold makes the rules, and he who has the gold gets favorable treatment by the big networks.

I'd say political ads are but a small part of it.

Sure the networks love it!

They also love steering the conversation in there commentary disguised as evening news.

WSS

>>Money and people who have a dislike of the current president will only get him so far, for him to get elected in Nov he needs to gain the people who are independents and the middle class.>>

The Obama campaign has no money?

Obama is part of the downtrodden caste?

You are using conventional 'wisdom' when you say Romney needs independents and the middle class. However, you are missing an important facet - those in the low socio-economic stratas were energized to elect Obama the first time.

Not sure they will be as energized this time. Unfortunately, not enough voters with either 'money' and dislike Obama will likely balance out those who are motivated by the vision of more teat sucking or a person of a certain 'race' representing them so they can live vicariously through the, "Great Black Hope".

Never implied that Obama is part of the downtrodden caste, however his campaign will have an easy time painting Romney as a rich out of touch person. There is a difference to having money and being preceived as being out of touch with the average person.

Also I doubt their money is going to run out anytime soon, we will get plenty of commercials here in Ohio telling us just how bad each candidate is... reminds me why I like the DVR

Archived