THE BROWNS BOARD

How Do You Stay Occupied In The Off Season

USFBrown

Everyone hates the offseason. I get tired of reading articles with the same information regurgitated. I just wanted to see what replaces your football time while in the offseason. Combine? Same old mock drafts? Start new or pick up old hobbies?

I play guitar more. Ill usually start playing Madden again. I stared making apps for android. I'm gonna make a football app that is geared towards more casual gaming.

I work so that I can take Sundays off in football season and travel up for a game. I also try to lose the 20-25 pounds I gain in football season.

And I volunteer at the The Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good.

And I crochet nipple hats for babies ...

il_fullxfull.148904945.jpg

Zombo

I work so that I can take Sundays off in football season and travel up for a game. I also try to lose the 20-25 pounds I gain in football season.

And I volunteer at the The Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good.

And I crochet nipple hats for babies ...

il_fullxfull.148904945.jpg

Zombo

The Zoolander reference made it quite good.

I personally take more classes in the spring semester so as to not be totally bored while there is no football. During the fall semester I am unable to do any work on Friday due to parties. Saturdays due to college football at FSU and on Sundays I roll outta bed and head to the Browns Backers club in Tallahassee and watch the game. I really have no time for serious work when football is in session :)

More golf, more fishing.

February is usually my damage control month from excessive hunting and football games. Read mock drafts until the draft. break out the novels when it gets unbearably hot in july and aug, start hunting and going to football games in sept, and the cycle perpetuates itself anew.

I've been getting into basketball a lot more. Its a lot easier when you have a hometown team and even easier when their ballin out of control which the Thunder are doing right now. Besides that its reading the news (which is pretty uneventful right now) reading scouting reports and franchise mode in Madden to get my GM on. Im trying to get geared up for March Madness but am having a hard time getting into it. All my teams are pretty down this year.

While I am enjoying the Kyrie Irving led Cavs, my main thing now is tying flies & getting ready for Spring fly fishing. In fact, just won another nice little 3 weight fly rod today at a fly fishing show over in Cranberry, PA. Perfect rod to use in continuing to teach the Grandkids to catch big bluegill on flies.

Mike

I like the think the combine, draft, etc. will do it but I'm so tired of it all by now. The Cavs are huge for me, Spring Training is here, the Bass Master Classic was this weekend, The Master in a month, Daytona. Don't worry I was kidding about Daytona, NASCAR is a joke.

Archived