THE BROWNS BOARD

Manningham On Fox This Morning

Represent

Says he isn't willing to take a discount even though they won a superbowl and is interested highly in the market for his skillset, with the Giants having Cruz and Nicks, are we willing to bring in Manningham as an option?

Says he isn't willing to take a discount even though they won a superbowl and is interested highly in the market for his skillset, with the Giants having Cruz and Nicks, are we willing to bring in Manningham as an option?

He's kinda a Greg Little clone, no? I wouldn't mind if we went after him, but we'd still need a speed guy.

Zombo

I’m from Warren, OH [where Manningham is from]. I watched him play for Harding. I know people who know him... He has great athletic talent, but he was never very bright. He is also known for smoking weed, but that’s probably pretty common for many athletes. I would like the idea of him playing for the Browns, because of his NE Ohio roots, but he is no more loyal to Cleveland than LeBron. Mario is only looking for a fat pay check at the height of his career. You won’t hear him say he wants to play for Cleveland, because his loyalty is only to money and fame. I say pass, unless he specifically wants to play for the Browns, but that won’t happen.

He's kinda a Greg Little clone, no? I wouldn't mind if we went after him, but we'd still need a speed guy.

Zombo

They aren't anywhere near clones...

I don't think Manningham is a #1, but him and Greg Little aren't similar.

Edit: I also don't see why anyone needs to be caught up on how much a player loves the city they are playing for. Sure it would be nice, but I don't need a guy to live and breathe for Cleveland. It is a business first and foremost and they will do what suits them best as an individual. As long as he cares about his performance on the field and we give him a reason to stick around, I'm happy.

We could just draft that tall GT WR and hope he becomes the next Megatron

Edit: I also don't see why anyone needs to be caught up on how much a player loves the city they are playing for. Sure it would be nice, but I don't need a guy to live and breathe for Cleveland. It is a business first and foremost and they will do what suits them best as an individual. As long as he cares about his performance on the field and we give him a reason to stick around, I'm happy.

Im gonna agree with you on Manningham here because physically in stature...they couldnt be more farther apart proportionately. Manningham is tall and rangy and hes athletic and can really use his frame to stretch out his arms. Little is a bit more of a physical specimen in mass and muscle and will be better served as a possesion reciever (chain mover)

OK, he's smaller, doesn't have game-breaking speed ... enlighten me, what do I need to know about Mario Manningham?

Zombo

• 2 weeks later...

So is Manningham better than all our Wide outs?? the answer is YES. So I would want him. Only problem is that he is from Michigan. :) Than again when ohio state beats there ass 9 out of the last 10 yrs I guess it does not really matter :)

I prefer Greg Little to Mario Manningham. Manningham maybe from Michigan, but he was from Warren, Ohio and was in Ohio for most of his life before going to UoM. Then it was NFL and it does not matter. Talking of Ohio State, even if a good player is there in Ohio State it is not like we draft him anyways. And if we do they turn out to be like Brian Robiskie.

Instead of bitching about the university, maybe we should bitch about our drafting.

a decade in one draft? lmao...even with the exaggeration, thats just fucking Retarded.

ooooh...we could have had mark sanchez. joy. because as we all know, the '09 draft was the only draft ever screwed up by the browns. savage was fucking awesome right? trading high picks to move up and draft the hometown boy thats barely a 3rd string QB.

yeah, that mangini was a bad guy.

Archived