THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Kolb?

Halfbreed216

Anyone hear this rumor of Kevin Kolb coming to The Browns? Not trying to start any bs arguments or anything, just wondering if anyone else has heard about this and how legit the rumor is. Really hoping it isn't true. Last thing we need is another burnout who couldn't cut it on 2 other teams.

I really wanted the Rams to trade with Cleveland. Get RG3 out of the NFC.

Now that Cleveland has missed out, it really puts this team in a bind. I am really SHOCKED they didn't work with the Rams to make this trade happen. In my opinion, the Rams set the market... Cleveland didn't think it was what the Rams said it was... then Washington came along and got busy. By the time Holmgren figured it out, it was too late.

I would not be excited with Flynn. To me, he's another Kolb and/or Cassell coming from a great team and over valued.

Kolb? He couldn't thrive on a pretty good offensive team in Arizona.

That leaves Tannehill. I like him a lot. But... what happens to Miami is the kicker. If Miami misses out on Peyton and Flynn... then Tannehill is going top 10. Heck, Seattle may trade up for him.

Again, I feel for Cleveland. What a bind.

Give the Pats this years second for Ryan Mallet. Id rather have him than Kolb or Flynn.

That's not a bad idea. I liked Mallet last year... and he's cheaper.

Prior to his final year in college a lot of people had him rated as first round talent.

Give the Pats this years second for Ryan Mallet. Id rather have him than Kolb or Flynn.

Id rather have Colt then Mallet, Kolb or Flynn. Mallet's a head case/diva and Flynn or Kolb bring nothing to the table that Colt doesn't already. None of them (I'm excluding Mallet for the reasoning above) have elite arm strength or have had any legitimate success in the NFL. Why trade a draft pick or spend a ridiculous amount of money for a clone of a player we already have?

Let's spend a second for a 3rd string QB. Brilliant! Wait... maybe the Pats will deal Hoyer, their 2nd stringer for one of our 1's!

Again, I feel for Cleveland. What a bind.

Kudos to your FO for choosing Fischer and fleecing WSH, but poor us??? We'll be fine thank you. How about poor WSH?

You better hope PM lands in Miami... personally my money's on SF or AZ.

Mallet has had a year in the no nonsense Beliceck system, he will be fine. A second for him is not bad. Draft Blackmon and Lamar miller and build the line in Fa.

Man a year with Belicheck isn't nearly enough for this kid. Ask anyone down in Fayetteville what they think of Mallet. Everybody I know that have met him come away thinking he's one of the most self-centered pricks they've ever met. He also enjoyed/enjoys referring to himself in the third-person. Name me the last successful QB that does that.

Not to start a big arguememt here over diva players, but people do change. Ocho stinko never shut up but he changed his tune when he went there. Mallet is still young, but I think he is still teachable.

Let's spend a second for a 3rd string QB. Brilliant! Wait... maybe the Pats will deal Hoyer, their 2nd stringer for one of our 1's!

Kudos to your FO for choosing Fischer and fleecing WSH, but poor us??? We'll be fine thank you. How about poor WSH?

You better hope PM lands in Miami... personally my money's on SF or AZ.

I didn't mean "poor us [Cleveland]". I truly do feel Cleveland is in a little bit of a bind at the QB position. It's going to be interesting to watch the pieces fall, Flynn, Manning etc.

Regarding Washington; that was a lot to trade. While Sam Bradford didn't exactly impress last year, it feels good to have the QB position settled... so I understand why they did it. It's the hardest position to fill.

My money on Peyton; Miami, Denver, SF in that order. I don't see AZ as that team is snake bit and doesn't have much cap space. But, your point is well taken; I dread the thought of of him in SF... I really like Manning and don't want to root against the guy.

Not to start a big arguememt here over diva players, but people do change. Ocho stinko never shut up but he changed his tune when he went there. Mallet is still young, but I think he is still teachable.

Ocho is a WR. Mallet is a QB. You can deal with a diva at WR, not at QB.

Jesus, one trade that we didn't get and all teams involved invade our boards to what? Gloat I guess? I don't fucking know I just know there isn't any point in them being here.

Kolb won't come here. The Browns didn't even look into him last year even though every single media person said we were serious contenders to trade for him. Won't happen. Colt is the starter for next season.

Id rather have Colt then Mallet, Kolb or Flynn. Mallet's a head case/diva and Flynn or Kolb bring nothing to the table that Colt doesn't already. None of them (I'm excluding Mallet for the reasoning above) have elite arm strength or have had any legitimate success in the NFL. Why trade a draft pick or spend a ridiculous amount of money for a clone of a player we already have?

THANK YOU!.....'nuff said & I absolutely agree with you.

Mike

Jesus, one trade that we didn't get and all teams involved invade our boards to what? Gloat I guess? I don't fucking know I just know there isn't any point in them being here.

I like when opposing teams come to our board, so long as they do it respectfully.

That's what I'm trying to do.

I really wanted to trade with Cleveland. That's why I started reading your board. I guess I've found some common ground through the process, so I joined.

I'm not here to kiss ass. But I'm not here to rub dirt either. Just here to talk football with a team from a similar place as my Rams.

I like when opposing teams come to our board, so long as they do it respectfully.

I really wanted to trade with Cleveland. That's why I started reading your board. I guess I've found some common ground through the process, so I joined.

I'm not here to kiss ass. But I'm not here to rub dirt either. Just here to talk football with a team from a similar place as my Rams.

At least your not the RGIII (insert noun here) douchbags that have been popping up

At least your not the RGIII (insert noun here) douchbags that have been popping up

Yeah, I get their excitement, but not at the expense of Browns fans.

I have almost 9,000 posts on my board and I know how forums work. Debate is fun... it can get tense. But, at the end of the day we are all sharing opinions.

I've not joined an opposing team's board until this one. I find myself enamoured with the Browns since I started reading this board prior to the trade.

Cheers.

Kolb won't come here. The Browns didn't even look into him last year even though every single media person said we were serious contenders to trade for him. Won't happen. Colt is the starter for next season.

I know. This RG3 virus seems to be spreading.

I like the idea of Kolb to the Browns to challenge McCoy. Kolb was fighting through injuries last year, had no line, and had no training camp in which to learn a new system. I am not saying that he will end up being a star but he will be cheap if we trade for him or if he is released, and he is still young.

man what is this fucking obsession with acquiring another QB this year?

is kevin kolb, RG3 or even our own colt mccoy going to take us to the playoffs this year??

NO!!!

just STFU already. we'll be lucky to go 6-10 this year even with some great draft picks.

aren't there 'budding HOF QBs' going to be available in next year's draft?

what, you guys think there's a magic button that you can press and you've got all your favorite players on your team?

i hated the hire of holmgren the firing of mangini and all you fucks said STFU and get used to it. it takes time blah, blah, blah.

well you got what you asked for.

I like the idea of Kolb to the Browns to challenge McCoy. Kolb was fighting through injuries last year, had no line, and had no training camp in which to learn a new system. I am not saying that he will end up being a star but he will be cheap if we trade for him or if he is released, and he is still young.

Since we got skunked on the RGII deal- may as well build the offense and play the Colt experiment out to the bitter end. If we're gonna suck, it's "Bomb out for Barkley."

No one blames Rams fans, or the Rams organization. I mean, if they can ask for the stars, the moon, and the deep blue sea to move that pick why not?

It is the idiot who agreed to pay that enourmous asking price whose sanity should be looked at.

We had a guy here in Cleveland who had a tendency to do what Dan Snyder may be doing: trade away all his future first round draft choices for mediocre talent.

They kicked him out of the league and had to grant new first round picks to the people that bought the team so that the franchise would have some legitimacy. They then passed a rule that said you could not trade your first round draft pick two years in a row.

This is the NBA and Ted Stepien I am talking about. Snyder may end up being the NFL's Ted Stepien.

Archived