THE BROWNS BOARD

Rams Trading Up Now...

SDBrownsFan

I could actually see the Rams trying to move up now to select Blackmon.

What happens if they move up #3? Do we select Kalil? Claiborne? I just hope its not Tannehill- three guys this season (that are/were available could be intriguing to replace Colt (Manning, Luck and RGIII).

Vikings have to be thinking that we won't take Kalil the Bucs who knows but maybe its worth the gamble to the Vikings as there are some other solid tackles and now they could add an early second round pick or MORE from the Rams. I think the Vikings could really play this smart and still get there guy.

I would go with Claiborne- if the Rams move up and take Blackmon (If we couldn't find a trade partner to move down)finish up our defense and try to win games by scores like 10-7. But I think we could make someone overpay for Kalil or Tannehill- and take a RT, Floyd, and a guy like Lamar Miller with the acquired picks.

If Colt can't do it with a new RT (3 first round picks on the line), a new go to WR and nice change of pace weapon- we get our QB next year- and at least we know.

I would go with Claiborne-

If Colt can't do it with a new RT (3 first round picks on the line), a new go to WR and nice change of pace weapon- we get our QB next year- and at least we know.

^ 100% agree

Most every mock I've seen has the Vikes taking Kalil at #3. So if the draft goes Luck, RGIII, Kalil, and the Rams call while the Browns are on the clock, would you take their second round selection (#33) to drop back to six? I'd do it, because at six you are guaranteed to get either Claiborne or Richardson, and we could use either guy. Blackmon is going to be good, but probably not AJ Green good. There ought to be some good WR options left at #22. Picks 6,22,33 and 37 ought to really stock up the talent level of the Browns, assuming Heckert does a good job.

Most every mock I've seen has the Vikes taking Kalil at #3. So if the draft goes Luck, RGIII, Kalil, and the Rams call while the Browns are on the clock, would you take their second round selection (#33) to drop back to six? I'd do it, because at six you are guaranteed to get either Claiborne or Richardson, and we could use either guy. Blackmon is going to be good, but probably not AJ Green good. There ought to be some good WR options left at #22. Picks 6,22,33 and 37 ought to really stock up the talent level of the Browns, assuming Heckert does a good job.

I think Blackmon has a chance to be Fitzgerald and I'd take him for that reason alone.

If Browns are thinking Richardson over Blackmon at that point, yes you trade down. If Blackmon is our highest rated player on the board. You take him. The Buccs I dont think are a threat to take Richardson, but they will be a threat to take Claiborne, which I think is likely there pick.

In Short if our board looks like 1) Richardson 2) Blackmon and we KNOW that the Rams will take Blackmon and the Buccaneers will take Claiborne AND we can pick up a 2nd rounder... pull the trigger. If we are not certain then we take our highest rated player

Archived