THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Get 1.6 Million More In Cap Space....

runyon27

Seems like the Skins are getting some karma maybe. Per Adam Shefter, the Skins will lose 36 million and the Cowboys 10 million in cap space which they can spread over this yr and next for dumping salary of players in uncapped yr.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/179284844575076352

So looks like they wont be so active in FA after all.

Seems like the Skins are getting some karma maybe. Per Adam Shefter, the Skins will lose 36 million and the Cowboys 10 million in cap space which they can spread over this yr and next for dumping salary of players in uncapped yr.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/179284844575076352

So looks like they wont be so active in FA after all.

OK, that was completely useless. Which is what twitter is anyway. I mean, you can't put anything substantive on twitter.

Err, maybe you can. Here will be my first tweet: "My Dick is Big".

I am sure to get loads of followers for that.

Good Luck with 15 mil in the cap this year at getting playmakers to put around RG3, Skins Fags. I hear you all keep saying V Jackson, dream on cumquats, you'll be lucky to pick up some old broke down FA's let alone the best ones. RG3 may be a great player, but it wont be with the crop your FO will put around him. As someone said earlier that 4.4 time is gonna come in real handy running for his life from The Giants and Eagles Dline. Good luck blowhards you fans deserve to ruin a great playmaker with the stupid decisions your ego maniacal owner makes! Now kindly FAWK OFF and go back to your sh!tty message board where you can stroke each other off about your incredibly stupid move to trade your 3 first round pics and a 2nd, no one is worth that in the NFL when your team has so many holes to fill and now sh!t for cap space over the next two years! Enjoy mediocrity with your shinny new QB!

At least we're not Bengals fans, they have the most in the NFL (50 million) to spend, however Mike Brown is so damn cheap he probable wont spend 5 of it. Thank God i'm not a Bungles fan..

They're getting RG3, YOu think they give a fuck about cap space?

Well, Griffin is so fast he can toss a 40 yard pass up in the air, run under it and catch it himself. His farts have been known to knock defensive linemen off their feet.

Actually, they should care about their Cap Space, because if the grand plan was to surround RGIII with lots of top level free agent talent it just got torpedoed by the NFL.

Then again, you may be right & they don't care- because supposedly the League office warned them last year dumping salary in an uncapped year was a no-no.

What does cap space mean to The Browns? They were $23 million under this year, so they wll be 25 million under in 2012. What's the big deal?

That cap space means the Browns have a lot of flexibility in going after Free Agents should they chose to do so. A lot more flexibility that the Redskins, who just got spanked by the NFL. It also means you don't have to dump a perennial Pro Bowl player like the Vikings just did- because you can't afford to pay him.

Larry, the guy has tremendous upside potential. The shit we will get with our picks will have a mediocre, at best upside. THAT is the difference..

As far as cap space? Cap Space is Lerner's money and he isn't going to spend it on top FA.

He will go mybe 15 million under this year, thats it, and he will post another 4 =12 season.

Bet on it.

Tom, I'm not debating RGIII is a tremendous talent. In fact, I'm bummed we couldn't land him. Too bad the Redskins decided he was worth the ranch and more to take a HUGE risk on that talent.

What I did say- is he can't throw passes to himself, and block for himself. Yes, the 'Skins have marginally more talent than the Browns- but not that much more. Too bad, so sad about your cap space going away- if Washington was planning on getting him a stud free agent wr like Vincent Jackson- you're probably not going to be able to afford him.

As was pointed out earlier in this thread, amount of cap room has no bearing on you you finish in the standings. The damn Bungles had even more cap space than the Browns- and made the playoffs. Teams that are dumping players because they're over the cap sat at home and watched them on TV, just like the Browns. Want to be in a situation like the Texans, who just might lose super-stud DE\LB Mario Williams because they can't afford him?

Yes my friend, the Browns will have to hit it out of the park again on draft day to show any improvement in the win column. They have 4 premium picks- 5 if as I suspect they trade the #4 to the Rams and pick up an extra second rounder. A couple of those picks had damn well be Pro Bowl material, or H&H just punched their tickets out of town for wimping out on getting RGIII.

What does cap space mean to The Browns? They were $23 million under this year, so they wll be 25 million inder in 2012. What's the big deal?

At some point they will be obligated under the new CBA to spend up to like 95% or so of the cap. I believe that begins in 2013. So, if the Browns being under the cap is an issue, it won't be one for any longer than this year.

Well, Griffin is so fast he can toss a 40 yard pass up in the air, run under it and catch it himself. His farts have been known to knock defensive linemen off their feet.

Actually, they should care about their Cap Space, because if the grand plan was to surround RGIII with lots of top level free agent talent it just got torpedoed by the NFL.

Then again, you may be right & they don't care- because supposedly the League office warned them last year dumping salary in an uncapped year was a no-no.

That cap space means the Browns have a lot of flexibility in going after Free Agents should they chose to do so. A lot more flexibility that the Redskins, who just got spanked by the NFL. It also means you don't have to dump a perennial Pro Bowl player like the Vikings just did- because you can't afford to pay him.

Right, with giving away all their draft picks the Skins have to be reliant up Free Agency to pick up talent. And this hurts that effort.

And I also think they are not out of the woods yet for having draft picks taken away because of the Bounty hunting deal.

hmm...got awful quiet in here once this news broke. where's our resident skin fans to tell us how this isn't gonna impact their efforts....

karma....is.....a.....bitch

As I said earlier- I find it hard to believe Shanahan was that damn oblivious to ignore the league's warning to go ahead and mortgage the future on RGIII and not have a Plan B without any cap space. Unless- he fashions himself as the ultimate draft guru and thinks he can find another Terrell Davis in the sixth round, or a Marquis Colston in the seventh. :)

Hell, if he thinks he's that good, why waste those picks and find the next Tom Brady in the sixth round instead?

At some point they will be obligated under the new CBA to spend up to like 95% or so of the cap. I believe that begins in 2013. So, if the Browns being under the cap is an issue, it won't be one for any longer than this year.

Yea gipper starting next year they have to spend 90% of the cap

Archived